All You Need Is Love

It Happened in Jeju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Nam Ji Hyun swings the bags in her hands happily as she leaves the store. She had gotten them some freshly steamed buns, crisps, tangerines and a few other snacks and drinks. She had also debated getting some cup noodles but she wasn't sure if they were going to stay and eat at the convenience store.

Plus, she felt a little bit conspicuous because, tucked away in a nondescript bag, was a big ol' box of condoms. She felt anyone looking at her would be able to read her mind and know she was carrying a BIG OL' BOX OF CONDOMS. 


She couldn't wait to tell Chang Wook-oppa all about it though. She never realized they came in different sizes (and flavors?!). She wants to ask him about that last one. Oh, the blushes that would cause, she smiles gleefully. Also, it was one thing to be nonchalant when talking about condoms; but, to actually pick some up and pay for them had been extremely nerve-wracking.
 

She had tried not to blush as the cashier rang it up and looked sharply at her. She looked back at the ahjusshi, her face blank and innocent. That's right.... no big deal. Just being a responsible adult here. 
 

But still.... JiHyun had been ready to burst out with laughter the minute she left the store, feeling both embarrassed and relieved. She spied Chang Wook-oppa standing near his Vespa across the road and called out to him before she realized he was on the phone.

As she crossed the road, a sudden wary feeling came upon her. Something didn't feel right. She looks again at Chang Wook-oppa and notices that despite the sun, he seemed pale. His expression shocked. He looks at her approaching but his face is unsmiling and her own smile falters.

As she comes nearer he speaks quietly on the phone and then hangs up. 

"Oppa," JiHyun approaches him slowly, "Is everything ok?" 

"It was work," he states without elaborating and pockets the phone away. 

The first thing JiHyun feels is relief it wasn't about his Omma. The next though is hurt. Was she imagining it, or did it feel like he didn't want  to discuss whatever it was with her? If he really did not want to confide in her perhaps it's best if she not say anything, but she decides to swallow her pride and ask anyway.

"Oppa, is something wrong? Would you like to talk about it with me?"

For long seconds he seems to hesitate. In the end he doesn't say anything but pulls her in for a close hug, bags and all.

"Let's talk about this later," he finally says, "I just need to make some quick phone calls first." He lets her go and walks away.
 

JiHyun watches as he disappears around a corner, still frozen on her spot, holding the bags. It hits her all of a sudden: this man whom she loves, it feels like she's known him forever; but, the truth is there is a lot about him she doesn't know. And perhaps there were some things he didn't want her to know.

She waits for what seems like long, long moments. The buns grow cold and the rest of her items lie forgotten as she sits outside the store trying not to think the worst.
 

 

 

 

 

The pictures were pretty damning. Ji Chang Wook had asked his manager to text them to him and he looks at them one after anoth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter