Hello, Goodbye

It Happened in Jeju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jeju Island, South Korea

 

 

The early morning flight had Ji Chang Wook feeling tired and a little cranky. He desperately needed coffee but he hadn't dared to stop at the airport or in any of the cafes in town for fear he would be recognized.  He had made a quick stop instead at his friend’s house to borrow a scooter.
 

Usually, when he went to Jeju he would travel with a group of friends and they would stay at Sun Woong’s vacation place near the beach. However, Sun Woong was on a business trip and he had relatives borrowing the place for the next few weeks. His friend had explained this apologetically over the phone when Chang Wook had called, but Chang Wook had quickly assured him it was fine.

 

After all, this trip was a last minute whim of his and he didn’t expect everyone to drop everything at his beck and call. All he wanted was some nice, peaceful, quiet time.

 

Sun Woong had offered a scooter and so, here Chang Wook was, enjoying the fresh Jeju air as he rode along on the blue Vespa.

 

He was heading over to the rental house Manager Bang had arranged. It wasn’t in a part of Jeju he had been to before; however, he trusted Bang Chi Gu. The usual places near the beach would be too crowded and he'd be too conspicious. Somewhere out of the way sounded perfect. As long as he got some peace and quiet, he’d be happy. 

 

Speaking of his manager, he had hoped his longtime friend could come along for the trip. But, when Chang Wook had brought it up, Manager Bang had smiled sheepishly and reminded Chang Wook that he had a trip planned with his girlfriend to celebrate their 300 days.

 

Chang Wook had stared incredulously to hear there was such a celebration. The sight of lovesick Bang Chi Gu however was immensely amusing; and Chang Wook couldn’t help thinking that it must be nice to celebrate those kind of days with someone.

 

So here he was, by himself; enjoying all this peace and quiet. Just him and his Vespa.
 

So peaceful. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter