Revolution

It Happened in Jeju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

The evening had gone much faster than Ji Hyun expected. Earlier that day, she could not have imagined she would be laughing hysterically as she clung to her Aunt watching Chang Wook-oppa mess up the lyrics to Hey Jude. Seeing as how he had no clue what the actual words were, the results were a jumbled mix of gibberish, awkward dancing and random yells of "Hey Jude". 

Her Imo had somehow unearthed some maracas from her wide collection of things and Chang Wook-oppa was now shaking them around enthusiastically finishing with a raucous round of "Na-na-na-Nas" as the song ends. JiHyun and her Aunt rewards his efforts with loud claps and cheers.  He is a good singer, a terrific singer in fact. And if he ever wants a future as a comedian she has a feeling he'd be good at that too. His finger point dance moves were some of the best/worst she has ever seen.

The record comes to a full stop and Chang Wook reaches over to flip it to it's B-side. The blues rock guitar strums of Revolution bursts through the air and he nods approvingly. His eye catches hers, and JiHyun has a feeling she knows whats coming at that naughty glint of his. Sure enough he pulls her to her feet. She tries to shake her head no, but it's no use. Apparently he's not going to let her wiggle out of this.

Finally she decides, why the hell not... she's rocked out to the Beatles so many times and Chang Wook-oppa was clearly out to make sure they were having a good time.  She grabs a maraca, holding it like a mike and belts it all out.
 

You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world

You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world

But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out
 

Don't you know it's gonna be... Alright
(Don't you know it's gonna be) Alright
(Don't you know it's gonna be) Alright!


Chang Wook and her Aunt cheer her on louder and she pulls her Aunt up to the floor to join in as well. Soon all three of them are attempting some sort of Rockette kick-step line dance, arms around each other's shoulders. They lack the proper coordination though so it all devolves into much tripping and laughter until the song ends in a raucous shouts of "Alrights!" and they collapse onto their respective couches and armchairs in gales of laughter.

It takes a while, but soon her giggles calm down and JiHyun flops on the couch sighing happily. She spies her Aunt st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter