Don't Let Me Down

It Happened in Jeju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The news breaks a few days later. Ji Chang Wook is waiting in between sets at a TV ad shoot when Manager Bang walks over, holding out his phone.

"It's out," is all he says.

Chang Wook takes a deep breath and looks at the screen. He scrolls past the familiar blue header of the Dispatch website and soon he sees the pictures. There he is with her, at the coffee shop. He keeps scrolling down; but something is not quite right. The only shots there are of him chatting with JiHyun, her back facing the camera. 
 

He feels a growing sense of unease and quickly scans through the short article. At the bottom it reads:


In response to our request, Ji Chang Wook's agency released the following statement:

Ji Chang Wook is not currently in any relationship. The woman in the pictures is a non-celebrity aquaintance who he happened to meet when he was in Jeju. It was a very brief encounter and there were others with them at the time. Actor Ji Chang Wook is currently gearing up for activities in China and is busy preparing a surprise for his fans. Please look forward to his next big project.
 

The article then continues on:


Ladies, Ji Chang Wook is still single. But, if you're planning to have him for yourself you better hurry. The 28 year old actor will be expected to report for military duties soon.

 

Chang Wook reads and rereads the statement, not sure at first that he read it right.

"What the hell is this?" he snarls, trying to keep his voice low as they are surrounded by staff and crew

Bang Chi Gu shrugs, "CEO boss managed to wrangle in some favors,"

"This is not what we discussed!" Chang Wook hisses.

"Look man, the CEO saved your . You should be on your knees thanking him. Do you really want the media chaos and fallout from a dating scandal? It's not like you're God Won Bin. And look at what happened to him after his dating scandal broke out. If that happened to you, your fans would abandon you in droves."

Chang Wook looks up in disbelief at this friend. "Thanks for the vote of confidence," he snarls. He runs his hands through his hair in frustration, causing his hairstylist to run over in alarm.

"Let's talk about this later," he snaps as he tries to calm down. He starts dialing JiHyun's number but the call goes to her voice machine. She is probably out so he leaves a quick message and pockets his phone. He needed to get through this one thing and then there would be hell to pay.

 

 


 

 

Nam Ji Hyun is e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter