You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

It Happened in Jeju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


For long, endless moments they remain in each others arms, lost in their little world. Chang Wook has no desire to move, despite the hard rock beneath him. He has one arm wrapped around JiHyun while the other traces lazy patterns on her back.
 

Everything about the world feels beautiful. 

He feels her snuggle closer and he hugs her tight, smiling again at the memory of his fiesty little islander. He shouldn't have been so surprised at how passionate she had been. After all, she embraced everything fearlessly.  He remembers her soft cries and the part of him that should have been exhausted perks up with interest.

He wipes those thoughts away reminding himself sternly that no, she is new to this. She deserves to be cherished gently. He already felt bad her first time had happened here, as beautiful as this place is. He would make it up to her, he promises silently. The next time would be on a large soft bed and he would take his time.

The next time....

.

He just realized something. They hadn't used protection.
 

Son of a...
 

He had been an idiot. He had not been thinking. It's not like he walked around carrying condoms; but still, Chang Wook was the experienced one and he should have been more careful. He mentally groans. When it came to her it seems like he had no sense or reason at all. At the end of the day he would take responsibility no matter what; but JiHyun was innocent and inexperienced and he needed to make sure she was aware about any unforeseen consequences.

"JiHyun, we have to talk."

He cringes. That was a bloody terrible way to start this conversation. If she wasn't worried she would be now.

Her head turns to look at him, a question in her eyes.

"Let's get dressed first," he suggests, helping her up. He kicks himself for his tactlessness. He should have eased her into the conversation.

They walk over to where they left their dry clothes. She slips on her shirt and buttons it up. Thankfully the ends cover the top of her thighs, but even so it's still too distracting to his peace of mind. He pulls on his shorts and t-shirt, then gathers their wet things and drapes them on some rocks where the sun can help them dry. 

He turns to see she has also pulled on her shorts, even though they must be quite wet. 

"You can let them dry first," he suggests but she just smiles wryly and shrugs.

"It's ok, Oppa. They can dry while I wear them. It's a hot day anyway."

 

 

------

 

 

JiHyun is trying to remain calm but an awful sinking feeling is starting in her stomache. She barely feels the cold wet of her clothes, distracted as she is by the anxious beating of her heart.  Chang Wook-oppa had seemed so serious earlier and now he was clearly nervous.  

He wanted to talk. But, about what?  Could it be... was there something wrong with what they did earlier? Or, with her? 

He finds a sunny spot for them to sit and pulls her down next to him. His arm wraps around her shoulders holding her close, and she takes comfort in the fact he wouldn't be holding her like this if something was wrong.

Or maybe he would be holding her like this because something was wrong.

Calm down, she tells herself. Let's first hear what he has to say.




-----
 

 

 

Chang Wook had been trying to formulate his words as they got dressed but all his thought have jumbled up together in his mind. He sees the slightly anxious look in JiHyun's eyes and he mentally kicks himself for putting it there. Best just to get this over with.


"JiHyun, I - well," he starts, not quite sure how to begin explaining this.  "JiHyun, you know when a man and a woman are together and they, er... they um..."

"Make love...?" she suggests helpfully.

"Yes," his ears feel warm and are probably bright red right now, "When they make love there are ways to take precautions, such as, um..." he can't manage to spit it out.

"Condoms?" she suggests, "Or maybe the pill....? Or, IUDs....?"

"Yes," he nods again though he had no idea what the last one was. But wait. She knew?

He eyes her suspiciously,  but she just looks back calmly, her face not giving anything away. So fine, she knew. Which meant he could stop making an idiot of himself.
 

"There are precautions," he continues, "but we didn't take any because I wasn't thinking straight. And that was my fault for being so careless.  I want you to know first of all, that I... from a health disease perspective,  there's nothing for you to worry about. I get tested for my physicals every year and the truth is, well...  the truth is, I 've been too busy to have had any kind of relations for a long time."

Chang Wook is pretty sure his face is beet red at this point. But he's relieved he managed to get all of that out. He looks at her to make sure she understands and she just nods back calmly. Good.

"Second of all, because we didn't use any precautions, there's a chance something could happen. Not now, but down the road; months down the road. I mean it could start now but you'll notice later..." argh, he was doing a crappy job at this.

"Pregnancy?" she guesses again.

He flushes even more, but nods and turns to look at her determinedly. After all, if anything happened he was responsible. An image flashes in his mind of JiHyun holding a little girl who had her eyes and her smile, and he feels a soft pang. JiHyun as a mother would be a beautiful sight. What had started between them is so new and he doesn't know if they were ready for such an outcome but if.... if that should happen he could not regret it.

 

 

-----

 

 

Nam Ji Hyun is trying very, very hard to keep a straight face. She knows this is a serious conversation and she sympathizes that this must be so hard and awkward for Chang Wook-oppa. But she's relieved that this is what he had wanted to talk about. Plus, the sight of his blu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter