Real Love

It Happened in Jeju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Would she, Nam Ji Hyun, be with this man? 

She looks at those beautiful eyes, gazing at her with hope and love. In them she saw the man who could lift her spirits with a smile; who worked hard for everything he had; and who, behind the laughter and teasing, had the warmest, kindest soul. 
 

This beautiful man had snuck into her heart, filling in the tiny fractures she had pretended were not there. Despite herself and her stubborn efforts, her heart was insistent and refused to listen to all her reasons. For in each beat, as she stood near him, her heart told her it had finally found the very thing she had forgotten she lost.



Hope.

 


Ever so slowly, her fingers reach out by their own accord to trace the gentle lines and curves of his face. This man, he loved her. He had put his heart on the line again and again for her.  She was hopeful. She was afraid. She wanted him. She wasn't sure how to keep him. And yet, he was here despite it all.
 

And she loved him.

That last truth makes it all clear. The chorus of doubts and reasons fade into a single moment of clarity. She was on the precipice of a cliff, watching the blue, blue sea beckon far below and the answer came through as clear as the eastern breeze in the Jeju skies.

"Yes," she whispers.

He looks at her closely, his expression uncertain; as if he hadn't quite heard.

"Yes," she says again, taking that plunge to the deep depths, "Yes...I will"

The joy that lights up his eyes is dazzling to behold and brings a sheen of happy tears to her own. She doesn't know how else to express the certainty of her heart so on impulse she pulls him closer and claims his lips in a searing kiss; thrilling as he returns it. In that embrace all her fears and doubts are swept away until finally only love remains.

 

 

 


She isn't sure how much time has passed while she sits warm in his embrace; enjoying the gentle sound of his breathing. The arms around her hug her impossibly tighter, making her smile. 

"I'm never letting you go" he vows.

Her smile becomes a laugh at this impossibilty.
 

"Oppa, it's going to be very hard to do anything if you never let go," she teases, albeit making a practical point.


"Oh, I'll find a way," she can hear the naughty smile in his voice, though he does let up a little bit. Just a little. His eyes searches hers and she can see the slight question in his gaze; so she smiles back reassuringly, letting him know she was perfectly content and happy being with him. 


For a moment it seems he was just going to keep staring; but then she sees hesitation cross his face.

"JiHyunie, I, er... well I have a confession," he starts. The words make her pause.

"You know I was plannin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter