Something / Oh! Darling

It Happened in Jeju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"So, you've got some pretty decent moves there," Chang Wook teases. He hadn't failed to notice the perfect Rockette kicks JiHyun had attempted earlier, her legs looking very pretty in shorts.

She laughs, then teases him back.
 

"Oppa, I think you win when it comes to dancing," And it's true. His dancing was completely awkward but he owned it and made it a whole other experience. "And," she confesses shyly, "I like your singing."
 

He smiles at her and she can't help smile back. The moment between them stretches and it becomes suddenly too obvious to JiHyun that it's just the two of them alone in the house. They're sitting almost at opposite ends; him slouched in the armchair and her curled up on the couch but even that feels too close. And not close enough.

She wonders if he can hear the loud beating of her heart.

 

-----


On the outside, Chang Wook looks relaxed, stretched out comfortably on his chair enjoying the music. He gazes with lazy eyes at JiHyun who sits an arm's reach away. She seems content just listening to the song, her head nodding along unconsciously to the beat of the music.

On the inside, however, Chang Wook is wildly thinking of what to do next. 
 

For most of the day he'd been running on adrenaline, hell-bent on a mission for this girl. Now it's just the two of them and he doesn't know what he should do. He only knows that he doesn't want the night to end anytime soon.  Things are still rather uncertain between them and he sure as hell doesn't know where they stand.

This morning when he had confessed to her, she had completely shut him down. But, it was blatantly obvious that whatever was between them was not over. He wants to ask her again one more time. About them. About a possible future together. But he's afraid of the answer so he holds his silence.

The first song ends and the record switches to a a slow beat. A guitar wails a haunting melody as the lyrics paint a picture of longing and poetries of movement.

 

Something in the way she moves / Attracts me like no other lover / Something in the way she woos me...

 

Chang Wook allows himself to fall under the gentle seductiveness of the song. He closes his eyes and sees JiHyun walking through the forest, sunlight dancing in her hair; her hiking down the mountainside as the sunset blazed beyond her; his Jeju girl grinning at him as she held out an odd sea creature daring him to eat it. All of these images and more run through his mind.

From the very first moment he met her, as she scowled at him while laying sprawled on the ground determined not to show any signs of vulnerability, he had known there was something about her.
 

JiHyun is the first to break the silence between them.
 

"George wrote Something for his love, Pattie," she shares, thinking of the Beatles lore Imo had handed down to her, "He had fallen for her the first time he saw her on the set of A Hard Day's Night. But when he asked her out she said no. So he tried again a few days

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter