I Need You

It Happened in Jeju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Ji Chang Wook gazes contemplatively at the scenery before him. It seems almost the same as the morning before. Except there was no forest nymph waiting on the large rock beside the trail. Had it really been yesterday when his heart had made that giant leap?

Chang Wook considers himself a pretty easygoing guy. He's not one for complicated emotions. If he's happy he'll act like he's happy if he's sad he'll find something to make himself feel better and if he's angry he'll say so. But the riot of feelings inside him right now defies any easy explanation.

He looks over to where the bird's nest is hidden beneath the dense wooden foliage but all is silent there. The forest is still and unmoving. Perhaps it senses his mood.

He waits patiently by the rock knowing that this is his last chance to see her. He should right now be calling his manager and making arrangements to leave but he doesn't want to do so until he gets to say his final goodbye. She had turned him down, but by God he would know why and to what exactly he had lost out.

The minutes tick by and he wonders if she is not going to come. He would have thought her Jeju pride at the very least would make her stick it out until the bitter end but no one comes down the trail. Finally, after long moments, he hears the sound of hurried footsteps and the next second he sees her bursting down the trail, her eyes looking frantically around.

She sees him and pulls up to a stop right in front of him, her hands grasping his arm.

"Have you seen her? My Aunt?" she gasps out.

Chang Wook frowns in confusion. For a second he had thought she had been running towards him but clearly the panic in her eyes meant something else was going on. 

"Have you seen her here on the trail?" she asks again urgently.

"No, it's been just me"

"I have to find her," she hurries off down one way and Chang Wook quickly follows along, still not sure what was going on but the fear in her voice tells him something is not right.

"What's wrong? What is it?" he wants to ask her to stop for just a moment but he knows she is on some kind of personal mission and it would be useless to try

"I have to find her. She's not well. She's supposed to go to her appointment soon but she didn't leave a note and she's not at the cottage"

----

JiHyun feels almost in tears. The last time this had happened she had found her Aunt standing at the bottom of the trail near the camellia hill. She had been well, but a little confused on how she got there. It had all started with little things like forgetting keys or asking the same questions again and again, but now her Aunt had episodes where she blanked out on longe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter