Chapter 7

Live Only For You

(Kibum’s POV)

 

“Kim Kibum ssi…?”

I heard my name is being called and I try to sit first and then turn my head to find a cute boy who is standing there with a wide smile and almost sparkling eyes as I turn my head to straightly looking at his eyes he gasped just like a little kid and his smile god wider than before, I don’t know how he manage to smile as wide as that. I tilted my head towards him not knowing who he is or how he knows my name.

“How…do you know my name…?” I started asking since the boy just keep smiling at me and didn’t do anything, his smile started to be disappearing and out of the sudden he launched himself to be closer with me to land right in front of me and his smile is appearing again just as wide as the previous one, he seems to be eyeing me and then stop at my eyes.

He chuckled “Hi! I’m Kevin…” he said not answering my question and keeps smiling again, I cracked an eyebrow at it.

“You haven’t answered my question yet…? How do you know my name?” I try asking again don’t know if it’s going to work or not but It worth trying.

“Of course I know your name… you are the youngest son of the owner of the UK Company!” The boy that introduce himself as Kevin said as he sit straight but still looking at me, yes of course my father is the one who own that company and looking by his uniform it seems that he is from NH High one of my father’s.

I already satisfied with the answer he said earlier, well I do curious how he got inside my house in the first place, but it seems that he is here to do something or probably he is the one who father is talking about last night, that someone from his school is coming here to interview us.

“You are here to interview us?” I asked again, I don’t know why I’m asking things right now usually I just let things going on by itself and not give any idea about whatever that thing is, it just been my habit since about 10 years ago… since I always got sick and I almost don’t care about my own health and just let things go by itself… I’m being weird now.

He just nod at my question, I back at looking at the sky once again it’s been a few minutes and then I heard a small cry out of pain, I turn at the spot Kevin was sitting at but not founding him… I stood up quickly and look around me to find him backing me and is holding his hand.

“What’s wrong…?” I asked as I reach over to him and realize that his index finger got cut by the roses’ thorn and it started to bleed, I take his bleeding finger and look it for awhile before put it inside my mouth to the blood away and stop the bleeding, I saw his eyes widened but still teary and he is sniffing probably from the pain.

After the bleeding is no more I pull the finger out and look again at Kevin, his eyes are full with tears and within just a second the tears start to fall down and he is sobbing… how can he cries towards a single cut? Is it really that hurt?

“Is it really that hurt?”I tried asking, He still sobbing and the nod his head, I can’t believe he is crying like this just because of a cut by a thorn just like Jonghyun. I chuckled and then his hair with one of my hand he is really just like a child.

He looked up at me as I smile at him, I turn backing him, and bent down I’m sure he is wondering why am I doing this “Just get on…” I said.

“But… It’s my finger that hurts but why are you carrying me?” He asked I turn my head to face him but still bending down.

“But it will make you forget the pain if you have fun right…?” I said.

“Have fun…? How can I have fun being carried?” he asked again.

“Just get on will ya?” I said a little bit louder now, he nods and get on my back he is so light not what I expected him to be but I really like to carry people around.

When I got up straight, I start jumping around just like a rabbit while heading inside the house, Kevin starting to be forgetting the pain and laughing while telling me to be faster and jump higher, I just smile at his acts.

 

(End of Kibum’s POV)

 

Reaching the house, Kibum still carrying the now happy Kevin in his back even though he is still recovering from his sickness and still can be consider weak but he keeps on jumping around instead of walking to the house, Kevin in the other hand already forget what happen with his finger the pain already been lifted up by the happiness and excitement that was created by Kibum.

Inside the house Jonghyun just finished touring Key around the big house well at least he has show some parts of it in the inside, they about to catch up on Kevin when they heard a loud laughing sound coming to their way it’s Kevin and he is being carried by Kibum to Jonghyun and Key’s place and making both of them stare at the two with a weird look.

“Hi Jjong….” Kibum said happily to Jonghyun that now is in front of him still having Kevin in his back and keeps on jumping in his spot just to make Kevin more and more excited than before, Jonghyun put a weak frown in his face but Kibum still realize the frown in his cousin’s face he then stop jumping and look at Jonghyun for awhile before letting Kevin down to stand up by himself and then back at his frowning cousin.

“What is it Jjong…? You want something…?” The question from Kibum makes everyone there look at the frowning Jonghyun.

“You cheated on me” Those simple three words shocked everyone while Kibum tilted his head a bit not understanding the statement he just heard from his cousin, now he is super duper confused by Jonghyun’s saying.

“Wha-“ Before Kibum asked about the previous statement he takes a slight glance at Jonghyun and suddenly noticing what his childish older cousin meant by that, he chuckled making Key and Kevin lost the idea of what are they talking about right now.

Kibum looks at Jonghyun again and smile at him “My Jjong is jealous…hmm..?” Key and Kevin almost burst out of laughter when Kibum suddenly saying such things like that to Jonghyun and what make them let out a slight of their laughter out when Jonghyun nodded at Kibum’s statement, the jealous Jonghyun quickly hide his face to the side where no one can see him properly.

Kibum just smile at his childish cousin, Jonghyun is months older than him but he is the one who always act just like a child to Kibum.

“There….there…. you are not a child anymore…. So you can’t act like that okay?” Kibum said patting Jonghyun’s head making him sigh and look at Kibum.

“Okay…” he said shrugging and then make Kibum’s hand off his head, he gave a stop-laughing-already to Key and Kevin that have their both hands covering their mouth not letting any of the laughter out, they both look at each other and then let their hands back to their sides no more laugh.

Just then, the entrance door opened and revealing Mr.Kim and Hyungjun there standing and a moment after the door open they enter, Hyungjun closed the door and followed his father to the group of teens standing in the middle of the living room.

“How about knocking or maybe push the bell’s button?” Kibum said to both his father that now standing in front of him while his big brother throws himself to be sitting helplessly in the sofa near everyone.

“Well It’s been our habit to not do those stuff” Mr.Kim said as he walk approaching Key and the exited Kevin and then bow to them making both teens to bows back at him.

“Jonghyun…Kibum… why you don’t let them sit?” Mr.Kim asked as he turns to face his youngest son and his nephew.

“Well we just start to chat…” Kibum said.

Mr.Kim just nodded his head and then sits besides his oldest son.

“What about starting the interview now…um… what is your name?” Mr.Kim asked pointed at both Kevin and Key.

“Oh…I’m Kevin and this is Key…” Kevin explained to introduce them both.

Mr.Kim pointed his hand out to the empty spot at the sofa in front of him signaling the two students to sit there; Kibum and Jonghyun followed them and sit in the other empty spot.

“But looking from your uniform, it seems that both of you came from a different school and as I know NH High which is Kevin’s school is always competing with Key’s school SM High…” Mr.Kim said in confusion.

“Well you can say we still best friend even our school is kind a…. “Key can’t find any match words in his head to fill in the blank but from the unfinished explanation Mr.Kim already can tell what is it that the teen wants to say.

“And if you are asking this Mr.Kim I was chosen to interview you It’s because….”

“You are the most talented student in there and also you are a kind of fan? Of us? Is that right?” Mr.Kim cut Kevin’s word and explained things.

“Yes” Kevin nodded a little bit laughing.

After a few minutes of talking, Kevin begins the interview the question was all detailed and some things really useful but the others are a total nonsense but Mr.Kim, Hyungjun, Jonghyun and Kibum still answer things that Kevin asked from the serious one to the weirdest one, Key just look at them asking and answering with a smile.

Just as Kevin told Key before, the questions that he prepared is heard to be millions of questions and just hearing it makes Key tired, after 1 hour the interview is done It’s now 4 o’clock in the afternoon.

“Well then, It’s really been an honor to interview you all” Kevin said as he and Key bows at the 4 members of the Kim family that currently live in the house, those two is leaving right after the interview since the Kim Family is really famous from being busy and stuff so they don’t want to disturb them any longer and let them rest.

“Kevin…? Key…? How about having dinner with us?” Mr.Kim said before letting the teens go home, they had a really nice time of interviewing even though it’s tiring.

“Di-Dinner? With all of you…?” Kevin said repeating what Mr.Kim has said before still can’t believe what he just heard; he smiles widely with sparkling eyes when he saw Mr.Kim nods at his answer.

A few seconds pass with silence and still Kevin doesn’t say anything to reply, he just keep smiling widely causing Kibum to chuckle at the act remembering that Kevin also act like this when they met earlier.

“We would love to… but can we go home to prepare ourselves first?” Key asked since there is no sign of Kevin will snap out of whatever goes in his mind.

“Oh sure…” Mr.Kim said letting them go first.

Key and Kevin then got home to Key’s house since it’s the nearest place than Kevin’s they go by Jonghyun’s driver and the driver will take them home and then take them back to the Kim residence just like Mr.Kim has told him to do.

Them both get shower and choose the best clothes they have, after preparing themselves and put on simple make-up they went back to the Kim residence.

When they arrive back in the Kim residence, everyone there already prepared as well, Mr.Kim looks really charismatic while his sons are look handsome and not forgetting Jonghyun that also looks stunning.

“Ready to go?” Mr.Kim said, Kevin always thinks that Mr.Kim is someone who always polite and always formal to everyone but the experience of meeting him today is really makes Kevin’s thoughts about Mr.Kim totally changed especially with the previous question.

Everyone nods at him and then all of them went to the reserved restaurant.

The restaurant looks great from the outside but the inside is greater than the outside, the inside of the restaurant is based on wooden and there’s even chandelier hanging up in the ceiling, the auburn chairs really matched with the wooden floor also the tables are completed with a high vase and a red rose in it also with candles that makes the inside of the restaurant really fits the part of being simple but beautiful but also elegant at the same time.

They eat all great, famous, and delicious food that was served in the restaurant after eating their dinner they also have each one a sundaes that has different flavors with the other since they have different taste, while eating their desserts they start to chat and get along just like a family until they finished their desserts.

It’s now 9 o’clock in the evening and Kevin that seems to be reaching his limit already have his eyes closed half and he is been quieted down by the sleepiness and the tiredness, they then decide to go home now and Jonghyun suggested that he will be taking Key and Kevin home along with his driver while Kibum, Mr.Kim and Hyungjun will call the other driver to get them home.

“Can we play again next time…?” Kevin asked sleepily to Kibum, the other just pat Kevin’s head and nod at him making the sleepy teen smile and go to Key.

“Okay…I’ll be taking them… see ya at home” Jonghyun said as he open the car’s door and let Key and Kevin enter first and he wave his hand to the other before getting into the car himself.

15 Minutes is the time needed to reach Key’s house, Kevin is already fall asleep in Key’s lap and he is not waking up until tomorrow morning for sure so Jonghyun carried Kevin inside the house and put him at the bed in the room that Key showed him, he pulled the blanket and makes it cover Kevin before going out from the room leaving the lamps on and close the door behind him carefully don’t want to wake Kevin up.

“Thanks for carrying him…” Key thanked him when they reached the entrance door, Jonghyun just smile at him.

“Yeah… are you sure you don’t have to turn off the lamp?” Jonghyun asked got remember by Key’s request not to turn off the lamp in Kevin’s room.

“He is phobia to darkness….” Key answered and Jonghyun just nod at it.

“Well then I’ll be going” Jonghyun said as he turn to get back at the car.

“Bye…bye Jjongie…” Key said saying goodbye jokingly using the name he heard from Kibum, and it makes Jonghyun to turn again to look at Key that smiling at him.

“What can’t I call you that…?”

“Of course…..you can… see ya” Jonghyun said as he head towards the car for the second time.

Key smile at it and then closed the door making a little sound that makes Jonghyun turn to the same spot for the second time, he saw the door is closed so he get back ‘again’ to his car, arriving at the car he smile to himself.

This is the best day ever’ he thought to himself while smiling.