Chapter 13

Live Only For You

Kibum stare at Key for awhile before nodding his head again. He calming his breath first before facing Key fully Kibum bites his lips before opening his mouth.

Kibum still hesitated and confused of how he will explain things to Key about his nightmare, Hyungjun always told him to talk to someone when he is having a bad time or maybe nightmare “You know that my mom already passed away right?” He started it with a question to Key.

Key nods, everyone in Korea knows about this even though it’s already been years after Kibum’s mother’s death but things about the Kim family always got to the be the daily conversation between peoples now even though there is no point of doing it.

“My mom’s death and why I always end up staying in my room for ten years are on one story”

 

(Flashback)

 

The Kim family is having dinner, Mr.Kim is sitting besides Mrs.Kim while Kibum, Hyungjun and Jonghyun are sitting beside each other in the other side of the table eating deliciously, Jonghyun sometimes will whined to Kibum so his cousin will feed him and Kibum did so, Mr.Kim and Mrs.Kim just smile looking at their sons and nephew are in a good terms especially Kibum and Jonghyun.

After the dinner Hyungjun went upstairs to his room and finished his homework also to listen for some music on his own, Jonghyun is already fell asleep at Kibum’s lap and both of them are in the living room since Kibum has a show to watch on television, while Kibum has his mind focus on his show his mom came downstairs.

“Bummie?” Mrs.Kim called out and Kibum’s attention got to his mother and waved his hand but carefully since he doesn’t want his cousin to be awake.

“Mommy…”

“Since your father is already sleeping… Bummie always wanted to go out from this house right… why don’t we walk around outside the mansion?” Mrs.Kim asked, Bummie is the only one who never been outside his house when he told the maids to bring him outside the maids will take him to the backyard or the garden but not outside the mansion’s yard.

Kibum nodded excitedly as he slowly put aside Jonghyun’s head to the sofa and then grab his mother’s hand while hopping with a wide smile on his face, then both of them walked out of the mansion of course carefully and they made it to fool the security so they can sneak out of the gate.

Both of them walked well except for Kibum since he is hopping around still holding his mother’s hand, he is so happy just to see the outside like this he looks around excitedly since this is the first time ever he is outside that mansion, they started walking further from the mansion.

After walking around they decided to get back home since it’s already passed Kibum’s bedtime and he already starting to rub his eyes cutely and he is yawning singing that he is really sleepy by now, they just need to cross the road to get home again, but when they reached the middle of the road Kibum can see from his half closed eyes a car with full speed is just a couple of meters away from Kibum and Mrs.Kim.

Mrs.Kim pushed Kibum with everything she had to the side road but she didn’t have the time to save herself and got hit by the car and got tossed away until her body land on the hard and cold pavement lifeless, blood starting to flow from her body.

Kibum who was being pushed got hit in his head because of hitting the side road’s pavement, he fell unconscious, people are starting to surround them and moments later an ambulance came and picked both of them.

Mr.Kim, Jonghyun and Hyungjun rushed to the hospital when they heard about the news from someone at the hospital, Kibum lost lots amount of blood from bleeding and he is in coma since his head got hit pretty hard but it didn’t make some more damage on his skeleton or brain, but Mrs.Kim wasn’t so lucky she died at the hospital right after she was delivered to there.

Arriving at the hospital right after hearing the detail of the news from one of the doctor Hyungjun and Jonghyun cried a lot while Mr.Kim is in the edge of crying but looking at his son and nephew that now is crying hard he can’t cry… he got to be strong for his kids.

The three of them enter Kibum’s room, Kibum’s head got bandaged and he is still in coma, Jonghyun quickly ran to Kibum’s bedside Mr.Kim followed him and lift the boy up to sit on the bed since Jonghyun still too short to climbed up to the bed by himself.

Kibum woke up a couple of days after the accident and the doctor said that he can go home right away, the day after that the Kim Family went to the graveyard for the funeral.

 

(End of Flashback)

 

“Since that day, I always thought that my mother is just sleeping because she is tired but the ridiculous thing is I understand what really happens to my mom when I was 7, and I never wants to go out from my room because I don’t want anyone to be hurt just because of me and I always got a sickness various one… and one day I wake up in the morning feeling a little bit better…you know why? Because my mom went to my dream and told me to get out there and live my life… Don’t you think it’s weird? If she wants to tell me that why can’t she just tell me that earlier… not when I already spent the ten years of my life in my gloomy room” Kibum said ending his story.

Key is at the edge of tears, he doesn’t know that Kibum also suffer that much because of his mother passed away, Key is now a little bit frightened about what if he will spend his life inside his room as well?

“By telling you this… I hope you won’t do what I did, you have everyone that really loves you around you.. I just realize about that a few days ago when I recovered” Kibum said.

Key nodded at him. He has everyone but….. there is another thing that is bothering him……..