Chapter 22

Live Only For You

Jonghyun’s hands are trembling like crazy right now but no matter how trembling he is he just can’t let go of the phone he is currently having right now because he is so much certain that the voice his father gave him to hear is from his one and only Key.

“Dad, don’t messes with me… give Key to me RIGHT NOW!” He screamed with the tone of ordering his dad, even though it’s bad but he can’t just let his dad to hurt Key just because he doesn’t want to come back to America with his parents and become the heir of his father’s company.

‘I’m not messing with you Jonghyun my dear, you are the one who oppose me in the first place… make up your mind when ether you are coming with me and your mother, I give you time until tonight or your precious friend right here will feel more suffering than he already does’ Jonghyun’s dad said in the other side of the call. Jonghyun already can tell that his father is now smirking like a mad person and he bits his lips so he won’t be screaming to his father anymore, he doesn’t want his father to get pissed on him that his father will hurt Key.

“Please…no…Just… don’t hurt Key… I beg you” Jonghyun pleaded, it’s his first time ever begging like this to his father since he used to do things whatever he likes it because his parents didn’t really care of whatever Jonghyun is dong and they just let him do things.

Jonghyun’s father chuckled ‘It’s the first time I ever hear you like this son…  well if you don’t want him to hurt, then don’t disappoint me..’ And the line is disconnected, Jonghyun hung up as well and he run to the car in front of the house and told the driver to drive where Kibum and Kevin are.

When he got at the hospital, Jonghyun went to the room Kibum told him and when he enters the room he already can see Kevin who is tugging to Kibum sobbing in fear. Jonghyun walked closer to the bed and stop when he reaches it.

Kevin who saw Jonghyun coming over to him, release Kibum but kept his head hung low.

“I’m sorry” Kevin said trembling with his own words.

“It’s not your fault Kev, you even got hit on your head… It’s my fault…” Jonghyun said and Kevin went silent at the statement.

“Would you guys stop blaming yourself? We need to find Key, not to blame ourselves” Kibum said breaking the awkward silent between them and Jonghyun nodded at his cousin.

“But I don’t have any idea where my dad is keeping Key right now” Jonghyun said and looked down. Everyone went silent when suddenly Mr.Kim barge in the room panting looks like he has been running for some quite time to the room.

“Dad? What are you doing here?” Kibum asked looking at his dad.

“I bet that you guys are searching for my brother and especially Key… right?” Mr.Kim said with a serious look on his face, even though Key is not somewhat related to him in any blood relation but ever since Key has been living in his place, he has been considering Key as his own son.

Kibum nodded “Do you know where they are?” He asked his dad, hoping for an answer the other two hoped for too. Mr.Kim nodded and smiles a bit.

“Where is Key right now uncle?” Jonghyun quickly asked when he got the answer.

“Key and your parents are currently in one of the abandon building around the neighborhood” Mr.Kim said, Jonghyun looked at Kibum exchanging look and nodded to each other.

“Let’s go then… we can’t waste another time” Kibum said and walked intending to get out of the room with both his dad and Jonghyun but he stop when he felt Kevin tugging to his sleeve, he turn to got a sad look from Kevin.

“I’m coming too” Kevin said half begging, his eyes show that he is scared… really scared even his hands are trembling but he spoke bravely, he can’t just let his best friend got kidnapped and not helping him, can he?

“But Kev, you are hurt…” Kibum reasoned but Kevin quickly shook his head declining what Kibum just said to him.

“I’m coming and that’s the end of this conversation” Kevin demanded and Kibum seems can’t do anything to it so he helped Kevin to get off the bed and the four of them went to the abandoned building near there, where Key is.

The building looked really…. Well…. Abandoned from everything of it… the size, the blurred color of the building, the broken windows, and most of all… the building that looks like it will collapse anytime soon. All of them went in, pushing the door open making a really noisy sound.

“Jae Hyun… How dare you help them” A voice from inside came immediately, it’s Jonghyun’s dad and is followed by his wife which is Jonghyun’s mother and a few body guards who are holding the unconscious Key tight.

“Key!” Jonghyun shouted in shocked when he saw Key being dragged harshly by the man, he really wants to run to the man and punch them with everything he got. Key has a lot of bruises and some of the bruises caused blood to flow out of his body, staining his shirt.

“Jonghyun… since you are here… why don’t you decide it now… when ether you are coming with us to America or This pretty boy here…” Jonghyun’s dad walked to Key and lift Key’s head with his fore finger “will suffer” He smirked, as soon as his father done speaking, Jonghyun clench his teeth and formed fist with his hand, he glare at his own father with fire of anger filling his eyes.

“Brother… I think you are going too far on this…” Mr.Kim stepped into the conversation since Jonghyun seems to almost lose his control of his anger and he might hurt his own father.

“Jae Hyun… don’t interfere in this! It’s my family!” Jonghyun’s dad shouted angrily.

“Still, Jonghyun’s life is his own choice and you can’t order him around to follow all of your wishes!” Mr.Kim said shouting back.

“You are not in the place to say those things Jae Hyun… you have two talented sons that you can trust your company to… but what do I have?! A useless son who does as he pleases” Jonghyun’s dad said.

“Do you know that he does everything as he please because of whom? It’s because of you! You and your wife never even try to know how he feels towards something and I bet you don’t even remember Jonghyun’s birthday anymore” Mr.Kim said and Jonghyun’s dad kept on silent so does his wife.

Mr.Kim walked closer to his brother and he pat his brother’s shoulder “Let him be… Jonghyun is a great kid you know… if you just be gentle and you show that you care about him with all your heart and nothing behind it… Jonghyun will do anything to you… He just need someone to love him and He needs his parents the most” Mr.Kim said and Jonghyun’s mom broke into tears while Jonghyun’s dad fall to his knee.

“J…Jonghyun? Dear? ... I’m sorry…. Not just because of all this… but I’m sorry because I haven’t been someone you can call father…” Jonghyun’s dad said and Jonghyun came closer to him and kneel, to his dad’s surprise, Jonghyun hugged him tightly.

“There’s nothing to be sorry for… I forgive you two” Jonghyun said with a smile, his mom also kneel down and hug her son.

“Just… don’t ever get Key into these things again” Jonghyun added to his parents.

“Jonghyun… is it possible that you like him?” Jonghyun’s mom asked and her son nodded with a smile, Jonghyun stood and went to Key and carry him bridal style.

They all went out, Jonghyun who is carrying Key is at front followed by his dad, mom and Mr.Kim and lastly Kibum and Kevin. They all laughed to Mr.Kim’s joke which is surprisingly pretty funny, but the laugh soon disappear when Kibum fell to his head.

“Kibum!” Everyone scream except for Key who was still unconscious in Jonghyun’s arms.

Kibum slowly sit on the floor holding his chin that’s bleeding while hissing in pain. “Don’t worry… I just fell… can we hurry up and go home now? I need to clean this up” Kibum said standing up with Kevin help.

“You don’t want to go to hospital first?” Jonghyun asked, he is still standing even though the others are kneeling around Kibum since Jonghyun finds it hard to kneel with Key on his arms.

“Nah… I just fell since I tripped… I’m fine…” Kibum said and all of them went home.

 

(Kevin’s POV)

 

Ever since that day when we kind a ‘rescue’ Key from Jonghyun’s parents, I can really tell that Kibummie is not being himself right about these past few days. For example he actually borrowed my notebook because his writing is becoming really messy and the way he is holding his pen is really weird his hands are also trembling, there is once I saw him tried to grab his bag from the floor beside him but he seems to be in some sort of trouble on reaching it even though I believe that the bag is within his reach. Anyway, he is acting weird so I asked Key who is living with Kibummie and Jonghyun. Key said that Kibum who used to eat with chopsticks, now is using spoon to eat and it’s not rare to see Kibum drop his spoon or glass.

I’m really worry about him and asked him if he is feeling okay or not but he always shot a smile to me and tell me that he is completely fine and as soon as he said that, Kibummie will be changing the subject of our conversation.

Well, I guess I can’t force him to tell these things… Tomorrow, we will hang out with Jonghyun and Key and I’m really looking forward to it.

(End of Kevin’s POV)

 

The next day, they met up in Kibum’s house and when they just got out from the house, Kibum fell… head first and eventually his head got hit hardly on the ground making it bleeding and knocked him unconscious, Jonghyun, Key and Kevin was shocked and surprised and Jonghyun helped Kibum to get in the car. At the way to the hospital both Kevin and Key busy calling Mr.Kim and Hyungjun to tell them about Kibum.

Kibum was soon in the Emergency room and everyone else sit on the chair that available in front of the room, Kevin is in the edge of crying and if Key is not there comforting him probably Kevin will broke into tears.

“First about my parents…. And now Kibum… Aish…” Jonghyun said to himself, he just solved his problems with his parents and fortunately his mom and dad agree and went back to America on their own, and now Kibum just fell without any certain reason and he fell on his head.

Soon afterwards, Mr.Kim and Hyungjun arrived there at the same time as each other, they met up with Jonghyun and the others who was still sitting in front of the emergency room.

“Jonghyun! How is Kibum?! What happen? How can this happen?” Hyungjun attacked Jonghyun with a whole bunch of questions with a really worried look on his face.

Before Jonghyun can answer the question, the door to the emergency room was open and Kibum is sleeping soundly in the moving bed (I don’t know what it’s called) and the nurse brought him to one of the patient’s room, Jonghyun and the others watch Kibum sleeping and then get their full attention to the doctor.

“How is Kibum doc?” Hyungjun being the first one who asked.

“Kim Kibum ssi is suffering from a disease called spinocerebellar ataxia…” The doctor explained.

“Spin what? Do you mean Kibum will be spinning around like that?” Jonghyun asked dumbly and Key smacked his head lightly.

“Spinocerebellar Ataxia is a disease which make the patient who suffer from it weaker and weaker, his muscles will be hard to move around and worse, he might can’t be walking anymore or even talk…” The doctor explained once again.

“How… How can we cure that disease doc?” Kevin asked trembling.

“Chemotherapy is the best choice because some of the patient of this disease can do their daily activities after being to the rehab center… but some…” The doctor didn’t dare to continue.

“Are going to die” a familiar voice came.

“Jungmin?... what do you mean by that?” Hyungjun quickly asked his boyfriend that suddenly appear out of nowhere.

“There is a chance of Kibum living if he went to chemo… so you guys have to persuade him to go to chemo… but I’m not talking about the chemotherapy in Korea… but in America…” Jungmin said.

“How many percent you can count for the chance of Kibum surviving this if he went to chemo in America?” Jonghyun asked.

“70% if he went there every day plus if he has a strong will to live on… then  I can raise it to 75%”

“Then we need to persuade him… quickly….” Kevin said walking to Kibum’s room.