Chapter 4

Live Only For You

(Key’s POV)

 

I turned back when I heard Taemin’s cute voice and as soon as he arrive at my spot, he launched himself at me and using my reflexes I catch him with both of my arms and his head land on my chest… wahhh he is so cute… It is a good thing that I found him months ago. Lucky!

I hug him tightly while resting my head at the top of his head and when I did that I just realize that my cute Taeminnie has a company with him. Of course, that silly Choi Minho is there and that really make me pissed off but I cannot be mad at him or Taeminnie will hate me…. Ugh, Choi Minho I will be sure that you will be death because you steal my baby away from me.

I thought of ways of killing him while giving him a you-will-be-death-soon look with a frown on my face, it is a good thing that Taeminnie cannot even look at my face right now or he will be protecting that monster again…and again curse him.

Even how busy I am about that monster Choi Minho, It seems that the other person besides Minho is a new kid since I have never seen him around school but It seems that I know his face, he is pretty cool… well at least better than that Monster.

I saw Minho drag the new boy closer to me and Taemin… probably to introduce.

“H-Hi… I’m Kim… Jonghyun…” He choked with his own words, which suppose to be cute for someone like Taeminnie but for him? I guess you can say its kind a cool… but wait… Kim Jonghyun? I think I ever heard that name before but where...? I know Kim family is a rich family that owns many things but I thing I ever heard about a person name Jonghyun and a person with that face.

 

*Flashback still with Key’s POV*

 

After school, the best thing to do is throw away the stress from the lessons that I just studied and I know what I should do. I pushed several random numbers in my phone and take it close to my ear.

“Yobosaeyo?” a cute voice came from the other side of the call, it’s him… He is surely taking his time to pick his phone he ever told me that he loves his ringtone and I have to be patient until he picks up.

“Kevin..? Can we meet? I’m all stressed out...” I said with a super cute tone that no one ever turns down. Kevin is from another school…NH Elementary school, the rival of my own school but I don’t really have a grudge towards Kevin, In fact, I really like to hang out with him because he always nice to me but usually we argue about things since we are both always like to be spoiled.

“Sure… “Kevin said with his usual cheerful tone, I know he won’t turn me down because he usually stressed out because of the things that happen in school too, after we set the time and place I head out to the meeting place.

I enter a café that I really like, across the café there is a park, I can still remember that Kevin and I met in that park when we was still in the kindergarten, long ago I was acting just like an adult which is weird for the 5 years old me while Kevin is still the same, a total crybaby. I helped him to get up when Kevin fell down from a swing; his face was red as soon as he stops crying.

“Sorry to keep you waiting…” Kevin greeted me when he arrives at the table and that was enough to make me snap out of my thoughts. I just nod at him and he sit in front of me, he takes out a pile of notebooks along with his pen, I’m confused with his act… we should be enjoying things now not doing something that at the same type as studying.

I raised my left eyebrows “Kev… what are you doing..?” I asked as he takes out a magazine and show the cover to me. A picture of really cool guy is in the cover of that magazine, I wonder why he is showing this to me. I looked up at him and stare at him just like saying ‘What is it?’

“Kim Jonghyun…” He said while taking back the magazine and stare at the cover “A singer, model, and rumored as a playboy famous with his cold expression…” He explained once again… Kim Jonghyun… from the picture I can tell that he is actually not cold but just lonely.

“Nde… so why are you telling me all this…?” I asked as I take a spoon of cake that the waiter just brought to us. He raised his eyebrows eying me just as if a detective is doing some investigation or something connected to that sort of thing, I don’t care.

Maybe seeing me clueless about all of his explanation, he just sighs at me and looks at me once again “Don’t you recognize him…? From…um about two days ago…?” He asked. Recognize him? Of course, he is a super rich kid who lives in America with his parents but usually have his holiday in Korea to visit his relatives. Nevertheless, what he means by two days ago…?

I still keep quiet as I don’t know what to say or how to react to that question, he sighs once again gaining a clueless look from me “Oh come on! You bumped to him two days ago when we were in hospital…” Kevin had to do the explanation again.

“Oh Him…” I said and with that, Kevin gaped at my act earlier.

“Don’t just ‘Oh him’..?! ... We bumped to him and we didn’t recognize him… agghh… why I didn’t?” He sighs again, I wonder why he always interested to that Kim family, and it’s not that I’m against it or something it just why them…? I can never understand him even in billion years.

“What will you do if you recognize him, anyway?”

Kevin stare at me “You are really hopeless… I will ask him about his cousin… the one that have the same name as you…Kim Kibum” He smile widely when he said that name.

*End of Flashback*

I heard someone with a familiar voice calling me by my name “Key!! Snap out of whatever it is…”

“Huh..?” I finally snap out from my flashback that was played in my mind. The three of them are staring at me.

“Don’t ‘huh’ me?! What were you doing…?! Daydreaming…?” Minho asked with a loud voice and high tone, I hate people raising his or her tone at me because I usually do something perfectly not a single chance I will be daydreaming.

“Oh… sorry… Um… Kim Jonghyun ssi…? Nice to meet you I’m Kim Kibum but people call me Key….” I said reaching out my hand for a simple handshake, he takes my hand and it feels so nostalgic and at the same time warm.

“Yeah… Nice to meet you…” Jonghyun said, our hand still holding to each other and we are looking to each other eyes, my face feel so hot but I ignore it.

Jonghyun and I pull out our hand to the side right after that monster Choi Minho coughs to separate us; he is really a mood runnier.

“Well, look at the time, I gotta go now... excuse me everyone, see you later Key” he look at me and put his warm smile in his face before turning his back and probably go back home, why such in a rush? I look at my wristwatch…Omo… its 4.20 already; I have to meet with Kevin at 4.30…

I said goodbye at those two and run as fast as I can to the usual café, I know it’s a risk for letting Taemin to be alone with that Minho but I’ll get killed if I’m not there in time because Kevin told me to make it in 4.30 sharp today and he was heard really serious this time so I won’t take a chance.

I arrived at the café and went inside; I scan the room and find Kevin is sitting with his cold water and with his bored look in his face. I walk to his place and sit in front of him.

“You are late…” He stares at me with his puppy eyes and is pouting, I hate this expression because even we are both cute but we can’t stand each other’s cute faces and end up giving up.

“Sorry… but when you hear who I met just now; you will be surprised for sure” I said as look at him and smile softly.

“What…?” he asked whiney and still pouting.

“I met him… Kim Jonghyun…”

“WHAT?!”

 

(End of Key’s POV)