Chapter 20

Live Only For You

In the morning everyone become really busy and it’s really tiring since they have to climb up a mountain with their backpack that contains snacks and of course, water for the trip. Kevin walked unintentionally since he already tired from all of the walking and they still not close to their destination, his water almost run out and he sometimes will slipped when they climbed the slippery ricks in there but luckily Kibum will catch him from behind.

When Kevin reached his limit he just went to nearby tree and sit under it and Kibum followed him quickly.

“What’s wrong?” Kibum asked worriedly.

“I don’t want to continue… I just want to stay here~” Kevin whined as he pouts and Kibum kneel in front of him.

“I have no choice but to carry you then…”

“But… you already carrying your backpack” Kevin said, Kibum took out the water from his backpack and gets all of it inside Kevin’s before throwing his backpack near the tree and kneel again.

“Bring your backpack… we just need water” Kibum said and Kevin nodded, he climbed up Kibum and Kibum carry him until they reached their destination. Reaching there, Kibum already panting even though Kevin is light and there is no problem of take him but the way up to the mountain was no kidding.

But all of the tiredness got washed away when Kibum and Kevin looked from there, it’s a beautiful  scenery of the forest, you can see green trees and a river, you can also see the campsite of both SM High’s and NH High’s….. they spent a lot of time in there before they need to go back, they journey back wasn’t so hard because you just need to slide yourself but still have to be careful.

“Ahh…. At last!” Kevin said when they got back to the campsite. “That was tiring right Bummie?” Kevin said asking as he turns to see Kibum but to his surprise Kibum suddenly fell to the ground and Kevin soon kneel besides him and shook him to wake up.

“Bummie! ... Kibum wake up!” Hearing Kevin’s loud shouting all of the students and teachers starting to crowded around them and without waiting any longer one of the male teachers took Kibum and brings him to his tent.

Kevin who doesn’t know what to do ran to Key and Jjong’s place.

“Jonghyun! Key!” Kevin called and as soon as they heard their name was called they went to Kevin who is panting with tears in his eyes making Key to be worried all of a sudden.

“Kev? What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” Key asked.

“Bummie… he… he fainted…”

Without waiting for another word coming out from Kevin, Jonghyun rushed to the NH High’s campsite and to Kibum’s tent which is crowded, NH High students talking about Jonghyun who really doesn’t has to be here but with one death glance to the is enough to shut them up.

Jonghyun enters the tent and he can see a teacher is there besides Kibum.

“I’m Jonghyun… Kibum’s cousin…” Jonghyun told the teacher and the teacher just nodded before going out from the tent, not long afterwards Kevin and Key also got inside the tent and sit besides Kibum.

Jonghyun who can’t stand it any longer took his phone and dialed a number.

“Uncle? Yes… It’s about Bummie... he fainted, can you pick us up now?” Jonghyun said to Kibum’s father who is receiving the phone call from Jonghyun.

Not so long afterwards, Kibum’s dad and big brother arrived there and excuse themselves to bring Kibum, Jonghyun, Key and Kevin with them and since Mr.Kim is the owner of the school no one even dare to reject it and let them go.

Kibum was taken to the best hospital they can get in Seoul but even before they reached the hospital Kibum already awake.

“Where are we? “ Kibum asked weakly.

“We are going to hospital… you just fainted earlier…” Hyungjun said from the front seats while driving.

“Can we just go home? I’m just tired…” Kibum said raising eyebrows and Mr.Kim agreed to it right away and they end up going to the mansion instead of the hospital.

Jonghyun, Kevin and Key helped Kibum to go upstairs to his room and lay him on the bed. The three then leave Kibum sleeping in his room and they went back to the living room where Mr.Kim and Hyungjun are.

“What’s wrong uncle?” Jonghyun asked when they got downstairs finding Mr.Kim and Hyungjun’s face got pale and worried.

“Jonghyun… your father and mother wants you to meet them right now… or….” Mr.Kim can’t finish his sentence “Or your friends will hurt…” Hyungjun said continuing his father’s sentence, making Jonghyun Key and Kevin’s eyes all widened.

“What?! Where are they right now?!” Jonghyun is completely pissed off by now; it’s his and his parent’s problem… why his friends also conclude in this?

“I’ll drive you there…” Mr.Kim said.

“I’ll just stay to take care of Kibum…” Kevin said and Key, Jonghyun go with Mr.Kim while Hyungjun also have to take off because he has schedule at that time of the day.

Kevin went back upstairs to Kibum’s room and surprised with Kibum who already standing in his room, Kevin rushed came to him. “Bummie you should rest”

“Kevin… can you company me to the hospital?”

“Why? You feel sick?”

“Nothing… I just want to know my condition and probably to get some vitamins so I won’t be fainting in the future” Kibum said and Kevin nodded, they went by the car driven by one of the driver that always stands by at mansion, they went to the Hospital and Kibum told Kevin to just stay outside the examination room.

“Ow… Kibum? What are you doing here?” the man inside asked.

“I’m sick… I guess…So it’s your shift right now?” Kibum asked the man.

“Not really, I just don’t have any schedule to do today, is my Junnie with you?” he asked.

“Jungmin hyung… he isn’t here, he has schedule right now…” Kibum said taking a seat on the chair in front of the table.

“Okay… let’s check you now then…” Jungmin said with a smile, and lead Kibum to the small bed behind the white curtains, Jungmin examined Kibum and felt something really suspicious about it just for safety he told Kibum to x-ray his brain and he did it right away.

After a while, Jungmin gets the result of the X-Ray of Kibum’s brain and his eyes widened at the result he contact one of the nurse that gave the result to him and ask her if she wasn’t giving Jungmin a wrong result. The nurse double checks it but the one that she gave to Jungmin is the right one. Kibum was really suspicious of the result, he already prepared for the worse condition of his self.

Jungmin sit in front of Kibum while holding the result in his hand, he bits his lip “Kibum… you…you are suffering a disease called… spinocerebellar ataxia” Jungmin said tremble, Kibum is his boyfriend’s beloved little brother and now… Kibum is sick… with a sickness that probably can’t be cured; Kibum tilted his head not knowing the disease.

“Well, Spinocerebellar ataxia is a really rare case even in medical world... there is no cure for it but some people who suffered Spinocerebellar ataxia did a chemo and they can do their usual activities but some of them…” Jungmin can’t even continue his words; he is scared for the last word he is going to say.

“Will die…” Kibum said biting his bottom lips, he was prepared for worse but he didn’t think that he will probably die… well maybe before he met with Kevin he won’t mind dying because he can finally met with his mother up there but once he met Kevin he felt like he has to live in this world no mater hat happen to him, no matter how his live is killing him slowly, Kim Kibum will live only just for Kevin.

“Jungmin hyung… can you do me a favor?” Kibum asked lowering his head down, he is staring at his hands that is on top of his lap.

“Anything!” Jungmin said confidently, he will do anything within his power but even though it’s not within his power then he will just tried his best to solve it, he can’t just let his boyfriend’s little brother like this, he doesn’t really knows what Kibum is feeling right now but he believes that Kibum must feel really scared right now, anyone would feel scared if they are in some kinds of sickness that can cause them to be death.

“Please don’t tell anyone about my sickness… no one” Kibum said.

“I CAN’T! Kibum don’t you realize that Spinocerebellar ataxia can kill you?! Your family needs to know! Your condition will getting worse not each day but everytime you pass just a single minute your condition is already bad” Jungmin said almost shouting but still keep a little bit a calmness since he doesn’t want Kibum to be scared more than he already is right now.

“But everyone will be more worried than they are… I fainted just now and all of them almost took me to the best hospital in Seoul and you can see they are getting pale… I don’t want to cause my family to be troubled by me, I’ve been such a burden to them” Kibum said “They will know about my condition sooner or later anyway so… please don’t tell it to anyone!”

“I… I… okay but you need to text your conditions every hour to me understand?” Jungmin said instructing Kibum and Kibum just nodded before he bows to Jungmin and went out of the room finding Kevin.

“Bummie! Are you sick??” Kevin asked worriedly, Kibum shook his head.

“No, I just tired that’s all… I’m going to buy vitamins… want to come?” Kibum said walking away with Kevin besides him.

He can never let himself be a burden not to his family… not to Jjong…. Not to his friends and not to Kevin.