Chapter 23

Live Only For You

After talking to the doctor that in charge of Kibum in the hospital and also Jungmin, Kevin walk fast to where Kibum is being put at he took a big gap each steps but in each steps there were hesitation in either he should get to the room faster because he wants Kibum to go to America for Chemo or he should just walk slower because he doesn’t want to be left by Kibum in Korea, In the end Kevin walk faster convincing himself that Kibum will be cured after he went for chemo in America and if Kibum is healthy then he can be with Kevin again.

Kevin bits his cherry-blossom like lips before entering the room revealing Kibum that still laying in the bed not moving even an inch, his face is pale and looking at him right now is almost like looking at  a dying person except for Kibum’s chest that going up and down from breathing, Kevin almost cry when he looks at Kibum statement but when Kibum slowly open his eyes Kevin quickly wiped his tears that got no chance of falling to his cheeks.

“…Ke-Kevin?” Kibum called out since his vision is still blurry and it’s hard to tell who it is that standing in front him but he has this thoughts that say that Kevin is the one who is standing in front of him right now, he blinked a few times before looking at the person once again, It’s truly Kevin and Kibum smiled at the sight of Kevin in front of him.

“Yeah… I’m here…” Kevin manage to say all the things that he intend to say without leaving any trails that he almost cry at that point of time.

Kibum wanted to smile as wide as he could but he felt so weak and finally just gave Kevin his weak smile, he pitied himself for not being strong enough to just made a smile Kevin reply him with a smile too making Kibum to feel better.

“Bummie? I need to talk about something with you” Kevin’s smile suddenly disappears and got change by a serious look which startled Kibum since he has never seen this side of Kevin. The Kevin he knows is fragile but at the same time cheerful and easy-going.

“About what ?” Kibum asked smiling.

“About you are going to America….” Kevin almost burst into tears but he holds it up by biting the bottom of his lips.

“Me? America? Why?” Kibum asked again.

“Because you’re sick! That’s why! You need to do chemotherapy in America…” Kevin shouted at Kibum his tears already falling from his eyes, just then Jonghyun, Key, Mr.Kim, Hyungjun, Jungmin, and Jonghyun’s parents came to the room watching Kevin for the first time shouting to Kibum. Kibum stared at Kevin with wide eyes; he hung his head low and now staring at his hands that was placed on his lap.

“I…can’t” Kibum breathed softly but clear enough for the others to hear about the statement Kibum just give. Kevin is now staring at Kibum with his teary eyes, his words can no longer be spoken out, and he froze at his place not moving but seconds after that Kevin quickly run away from the room crying. Kibum now cursing himself for making Kevin cries like that, he doesn’t want to go to America because he knows that chemo won’t help that much and he knows he will die eventually and he wants to spend the rest of his life close to Kevin.

“Bummie~… I think you should just go to America for that chemo, just like what Kevin just said to you” Jonghyun was the first one who break the silence and talk to Kibum again, everyone else was really sure that Kibum won’t agree with it since he just reject Kevin’s offer.

“I think you already know what I’m going to say Jjong… I won’t go…” Kibum said still not lifting his head up to face the other; he kept his gaze on his lap which is to ignore the other’s stare at him.

“But Bummie!” Hyungjun step out of the silence and tried convincing his brother but all he gets was a cold look from Kibum, the look that he has never seen before.

“NO! How many times should I repeat it to you guys that I WONT GO to America and that’s the end of this conversation!” Kibum practically shouted to everyone who was standing in the room, No one seen this coming and this is their first time seeing Kibum so… angry but at the same time he looks so desperate and sad.

Mr.Kim brought all of them outside and closed the door behind him leaving Kibum inside the room that still filled with emotions and stuff like that. Kibum who being left lay back to the bed and closed his eyes tightly, he doesn’t know what to do…what to say or even what to feel at this point of time. The love of his live and his family told him to go to America which is against his own will that is to stay in Korea for Kevin.

“Mom… I hope you are here right now… I can use a hug…” Kibum whispered to no one but to himself, he start to sobs he doesn’t remember anymore when the last time he cries like this hoping that his mother is with him at that time.

Outside the room, everyone was stresses out about how they will make Kibum to go to America and lastly they decided to go home instead of just stressed in the hospital they need to plan these things very carefully. And because they need everyone that close to Kibum, Kevin got invited to live in the Kim resident sharing a room with Key so all of them can discuss about Kibum and his stubbornness.

 

 

Days after days passed by, everyone takes their turn to see Kibum in the hospital with only that is to convince him to go to America but everyone got the same answer ‘NO’, everyone went there except for Kevin he still can’t face Kibum right now even though he really wants to meet him and convince him to go to America but Kevin always end up staying in the mansion waiting for the other to come back from the hospital finished or could be said rejected by Kibum.

Meanwhile, Kibum’s condition is getting worse and worse. His condition fall because of two reasons the first on is because his disease that slowly killing him by disabling his muscles and he has a hard time on moving his arms and legs but he always tries his best to walk around the room when he is alone so that he won’t lose all of his strength of the muscles and the second reason is that Kevin is not visiting anymore.

One day, Kevin is already standing in front of Kibum’s room still hesitating ongoing in or just leaves but after fighting with his self ego he finally open the door looking at Kibum who is trying his best to hold a pen and write down something, he seems to get a lot of problems on holding the pen.

“Bummie? Can we talk for a moment?” Kevin said softly and Kibum nodded putting down the notebook and the pen to his side and pat the edge of the bed signing that Kevin should sit in there so the younger obeyed.

“It…m-must..b-b-be…a…about th-the che-mo…r-right?” Kibum now can’t speak normally, he has trouble of speaking right now and Kevin just from hearing the way Kibum talks just torn his heart into pieces.

“Yes… You really need to go now Bummie” Kevin said holding back his tears.

“I…w-wont” Kibum finished in  just 2 words since he is annoyed by his way of talking.

“Why?” Kevin whispered and suddenly stood from the bed, he stare at Kibum tears starting to fall down his reddened cheeks  “Why don’t you just go to America?! You will die at this rate! And… and I don’t want you to die…If.. If you don’t go to America… I, I will HATE YOU KIM KIBUM!” Kevin shouted at the top of his lungs in the end of the sentence and he run out after saying those to Kibum who is froze to the statement.

“I’m sorry Kev…”