Chapter 9

The One that Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Typhoon

 

So here I am waiting... waiting... waiting... And, oh, God knows how long I've been waiting to see the results of our midterm exams. It has been one hell of a week. Exams are over and my mind can finally rest.

I'm lying down on my cranky apartment bed and currently refreshing my phone's browser for the hundredth time. I've been waiting for two hours now and not a single grade was posted on our school's official website. They said they will post it today at 6 pm but its already 8 pm and I've been staring on this 'page is under maintenance please wait a moment for the update of grades' for two ing hours.

Suddenly, a heavy rain came pouring down. My windows are shaking because of the strong wind and lightning are flashing through it. A distant thunder can also be heard. Oh no. Please no. Not now.

 

"Seungri-ya! Seungri-ya! Where are you?!?" Daesung hyung frantically shouted as he banged loudly on my bedroom door.

Rain. I hate it. Specially the thunder. I don't know why but it just brings panic to my core. I've been here in this closet for God knows how long because it gives me comfort. Tears are streaming down my face but somehow, I'm calmer in this closet.

"Seungri. Where are you?" he said as he successfully entered my room. I know this will be the downside of my staying away from my family in these situations. I can't run up to my mom's room and camp beside her or ask my sister to sleep beside me in my own room just so I have someone to accompany me. Thunder. Its my greatest enemy.

"I'm here now. Your mom is worried sick. She said she was calling you numerous times but you weren't answering your phone. Come out. I'm here now. You're safe." he said as he pulled me out of the closet.

He led me to my bed and made me lie down. He got my earphones and lie down beside me. Xxxibgdrgn's 'Black' was on and it made me even more calm. Daesung hyung my hair until I fall asleep.

But not today. Daesung hyung was in Busan to attend a childhood friend's birthday. He invited me kindly but I declined seeing as most of the visitors are his childhood friends. I don't know any of them except Daesung hyung and I know I'll be out of place when they all catch up.

Since that day when Daesung hyung gave me those earphones, I already know what to do whenever a thunder storm is coming. I'll just plug it in my iPod and hide in the comfort of my closet and I'm doing it just now. I'm a coward, I know.

My music was on full volume but I can still hear the thunder. Damn, this typhoon has no chill. I quickly regretted not coming with Daesung hyung. I could have just accompanied him and stayed at a decent hotel or something. At least he is nearby and I could ask him to come if ever my cowardice gets the best of me.

I was considering on calling him but when I looked at my iPod's clock, it was already 9 pm. Its either he's sleeping now, or still partying. And even if he did answer, I can't ask him to make a 5 hour drive just to rescue me on this closet.

Just then, a loud thunder came and my heart jumped to my throat. My hands trembled as I try to calm my self down by covering my ears and hitching up the volume of my music but another loud thunder came. Not thinking about anything else, I quickly got my phone from my right back pocket and called Daesung hyung. He answered on the fourth ring.

"Hey! Seungri-ya! What's up!" Daesung hyung shouted. Loud music can be heard on his side. He was partying.

"N-nothing, hyung. How are you? A-are you e-enjoying your time there?" I stuttered. My teeth are chattering, one, because it was cold, two because of panic.

"Ne, Seungri! You should have come with me! I'm having so much fun! I wish you were here!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter