Chapter 24

The One that Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Confusion

 

Why is it so dark here? Where am I? I tried to open my eyes and did so successfully. I looked around and I was in an unfamiliar room. The smell of disinfectants and antibiotics overwhelms me.

Hospital. I'm in a hospital. Great.

What am I doing here?

As I roam my eyes around, I noticed that my whole body was in a cast. Just what the hell happened to me?

I tried to think back of the past events that happen and all I can think about is, I was in school and Daesung hyung and I met to compare our subjects. It was the first day of class we and are so bummed because none of our subjects matched. Meaning, I have no classes with him.

I roamed my eyes again, and there, I saw a man that has been haunting me recently. Sitting on a couch near the wall at foot of my bed, was Choi Seunghyun.

This must be a dream. Recently, he has been visiting my dreams and I'll be reminded of him with the little things I do.

Tears pooled on my eyes and I can't see him anymore. I tried to blink away my tears but it won't stop coming.

Closing my eyes, I fell into the deep darkness again. I must have been missing him that's why he's visiting me in my dream.

 

~

...

~

 

I'm hearing it again. The voice and cries of an unfamiliar man. I can feel his warm hand on mine but I don't recognize whose hand it was. It comes almost every night then I will hear his soft snore. I wanted to open my eyes so bad but it won't cooperate with me.

 

~

...

~

 

"Baby, hyung is here. I am so sorry for everything that I have done to you. Please forgive me. Wake up for me, baby. Please..." the man begged. Unlike the other crying one, this man's voice is very familiar to me. He called me baby and only one person calls me that, Seunghyun hyung.

I tried to open my eyes but it was too heavy. 

Soon, I drifted off to darkness again.

~

...

...

 

One night, I was awoken by some rustling. When I opened my eyes, I saw him again. Seunghyun hyung. He came out of the bathroom and went straight to the couch where I saw him sitting last time. He didn't even glance at me and he just lie down and sleep.

I cannot move a single muscle. I wanted to run towards him so bad but I can't. I just stared at him the whole night, thinking if all of these is still a dream.

When the sun is about to rise, sleep got the best out of me again.

 

~

...

~

 

It was relatively quiet. This is the first time that I'm able to wake up while the sun was still up. It creeps me out whenever I would wake up in the middle of the night. 

I hope someone notices me now. Whenever I wake up, they are all asleep or sometimes, my room is empty.

The sun was blinding and I have to squint for a few seconds.

I was so parched. Thank the heavens above, my mom and dad was there. 

"E-eo..." I tried to croak out. My throat is so dry and I find it hard to speak. 

"E-e-eomma..." I groaned. My throat is killing me.

"Seungri?!?" my mom half shrieked.

My dad quickly ran out of the room and soon, nurses and doctors are flooding my room..

They are doing various things to me.

"Eomma... I'm thirsty." I said as I try to pull myself up.

As I say that, four men came running to my room.

"Oh my God, Seungri!" one of the four half shouted as he ran towards me and kissed my hand. I was surprise

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter