Chapter 19

The One that Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Calm

 

 

Naye du nuneul gameumyeon

Tteooreuneun geu nundongja
Jakku gaseumi siryeoseo
Ijhyeojigil baraesseo

Kkumiramyeon
ije kkaeeonasseumyeon jebal
Jeongmal nega
naye unmyeongin geolkka
Neon Falling You

Huh? Am I dreaming? Why do I hear Goblin OST on repeat?

I stretched out for a bit then I remembered, it was my ringtone. 

I immediately got up and searched for my phone. The song died, meaning, I have already missed the call. Now it will be harder for me to find it.

Damn, I think it's Jiyong hyung who's calling me. We were texting until I fall asleep and now, I don't remember where did I put my phone.

After a good 5 minutes of searching, I finally found it under the bed. How did it get there?

I immediately opened it and there were 8 missed calls and 4 text messages. I hit on the messages and opened them one by one.

The first one says...

Good morning my Riri.
I hope you had a good
nights' sleep.

The second one is...

Yah... Still sleeping?
Wake up already.
Let's eat lunch
together.

The third one was sent after 30 minutes. I'm guessing that it was after he called me numerous time. It says...

Seungri? Are you
ignoring me? I
just thought that
we are already
dating since what
happen last night.

The last one broke my heart a bit.

Seungri, I'm sorry for
assuming that we are
already dating. It's just
that, we were so happy
yesterday and I thought
we are already something.
I promise I won't bother
you in school. Just don't
ignore me. I hope we 
can still be friends like we
use to.

Aish! You did not assume that we are together. You assumed that we are not together just because I overslept. What's wrong with him?

My heart clenches and swells at the thought of him being cute and heartbroken. Am I a demon for finding his heartbreak cute? Ah... Man, I love this guy...

Did I just think of love?

Then, every night that Jiyong hyung's song comforted me came flashing back. Every single song was like meant for me. In every phase of my love life, xxxibgdrgn would release a song. It was like, I am in a relationship with him than my real life partners.

I quickly washed up and dressed nicely. I got my wallet, phone and keys and ran out of my apartment.

Hmm. What do you normally give to a sulking boyfriend? A movie marathon? A tub of ice cream? Tissue? Nah, that's the moving on kit. What would you do to apologize to your special someone?

I walked downtown and scan the stores that I pass by. What would Jiyong hyung like? He has everything already.

It was only past 8 am and most of the stores are still close. The only ones' that are open are those 24/7 stores like 7-eleven. As I continue on walking, a dessert and pastry shop opened. I feel like it was sign and that I should get him something sweet.

The young girl inside the store flipped the signage into 'OPEN' so I immediately went in. I was welcomed by the sweetest smells I can imagine. It's not an intoxicating sweet but a calming sweet. It's like melting inside your nose.

There are varieties of homemade candies and pastries on the wall mounted rack but what caught my attention are the luxurious looking cakes.

I decided to get a cake that I think Jiyong hyung might like. I asked the store clerk if could leave the cake there for a while because I have to buy something else. The clerk eagerly nodded and got the cake on my hands. Our hands briefly touched and I can see a soft pink shade rose up to his face.

"Too bad girl, I'm getting this cake because my boyfriend and I had a little misunderstanding. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter