Chapter 5

The One that Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The skipped class

 

"...and that class, is the reason why quantum physics is helpful in Public Relations because in everything we do, there is quantum physics. Got it?" Jaesok songsaeng-nim concluded, smiling.

My classmates groaned loudly. Some even cursed. I was not even aware that I've been spacing out the whole class. I only came to my senses when I heard the complaints of my classmates. I mean, come on. Who will use the whole class hour just to explain a subject that is completely irrelevant to the subject that he was suppose to teach?

 I quickly hid my earphone in my bag. Usually, when Jaesok songsaeng-nim concludes the topic, the class is almost over. And just as I thought, he gathered his things, says goodbye then leave.

"Seungri-ya. I saw you spacing out the whole class." Jiyong hyung said, his face only a few inches from mine. It startled me.

"H-hyung!" I said, clutching my chest. " Don't do that. You startled me."

"Drink less coffee then. Haha." He teased.

I stood up and we went out of our room. Ugh. I hate my next class. It's world history. This subject is like a lullaby written from the heavens above. It gives me nausea. Okay nausea is a bit too much but its close to that feeling. And it makes me very very very sleepy. Thinking about it makes me wanna curl up in a ball and bury myself in my most comfortable blanket. Ah. It would be nice to take a nap at this hour.

Jiyong hyung and I said our goodbyes because we are going on our separate ways. Or so we thought. I still have my last lesson and he said he also have a one. 

"Goodbye, hyung. See you around." I said and waved.

"Bye." He said smiling. Ugh. Its so unfair. Why does he have that kind of smile???

When we both tried to walk, we bumped onto each other because we went to the same direction. We just laughed it off and continued walking. My next class is two buildings away from here. Jiyong hyung and I walked in comfortable silence because really, there is nothing to talk about. When I was almost to my classroom, I finally questioned Jiyong hyung's existence. I looked at him because I was about to ask why he's still with me but I caught him staring at me intently. While walking. I was perplexed.

"U-uhm, hyung. It's not that I hate your presence but why are you still with me? Don't tell me your next class is world history. This would be really funny." I said, laughing nervously. I'm honestly okay with Jiyong hyung when the three of us-with Daesung hyung of course-are together. But if its only the two of us, I get rattled.

"Okay. I won't tell you then that my next class is world history." he said, beaming at me.

"Are you kidding me? You're joking right?" I asked incredulously. Seriously? Hello! I've been in Seoul Academy for three months and I didn't even know that I share some of my classes with Jiyong hyung.

There can only be two reasons. One, just like in Public Relations class, we are too far apart. Two, He must be really quiet like one of those intelligent people that doesn't speak much but when the term exam comes, they top the ranking and sh*t.

We're like star-crossed lovers that are not allowed to see each other. Nope. More like gang leaders that will fight and break each other's bones as soon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter