Chapter 27

The One that Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Reset

 

“Thank you for today, hyung. I had fun...” I said as I rustle on the front seat of Jiyong hyung’s car. I unbuckled my seatbelt as he went out and opened the door for me.

 

I just smiled at him as I climb out of his car.

 

After a few hours of convincing, I finally agreed on letting him  bring me back to my apartment.

 

Its not that I don’t trust him on driving again. But, Seunghyun hyung emphasized that we got in an accident in the first place so I should think carefully.

 

“So... Uhm... I guess this is it, huh?” I said awkwardly as I scratch the back of my head.


“Ne... It’ll be fine, Seungri. Just remember everything that I told you. We can have a fresh start.” Jiyong hyung said with a smile. He pats the top of my head and I involuntarily lean in to his touch.

Realizing what I did, I cleared my throat and chuckled awkwardly.

“Go now. I bet Top hyung is already waiting for you.” he said as he pats my shoulder twice.

Right... My hyungie...

I almost forgot...

“I think Seunghyun hyung has already gone home to his and Youngbae hyung’s unit. He texted me earlier.” I said, playing with the rim of my wrist watch.

“Ahh. Ne... Hurry inside now. Don’t forget to lock your door and windows, okay?” he said with an unfathomable expression.

“Ne... Thank you for the ride hyung. Uhm... See you on Monday?” I said as I open my arms, offering a hug.

“Monday?” he asked in confusion but ignored my hug offering nonetheless.

I slowly put my arms down and crossed it on my chest instead.

“Yes, hyung. I need to go back to school. I have tons of catching up to do.”

“Oh. Of course. See you then, Seungri.” he said as he held his hand out.

What is this? A hand shake?

A pang of hurt shot through me.

He ignored my hug... and is now offering a handshake...

I blinked rapidly and slightly shook my head. I grabbed his hand and shook it gently. To my surprise, he pulled me in towards him and gave me a light hug.

We broke the hug but he never lets go of my hand.

I stared at our hands before I looked up to him.

“I... I’m not good with words, Seungri. But...” he trailed off.

I stared at him intently and waited patiently for what he was going to say.

He sighed deeply but he smiled at me.

“This... This is just so sad... I don’t even know what to say...”

“We can still be good friends, hyung. This is not so unfortunate. Let’s just... Take it as a challenge? I... I’m sorry...”

“No no... You shouldn’t be sorry. Maybe this is my punishnent for putting you in that life threatening situation. I...”

“Hyung, let’s just stop worrying. All we need now is a reset... Even if we go back to that dreadful moment so many times, even if we cry and regret as much, nothing would change. We still have to face our current situation and adjust to this...”

“You’re right...”

We both inhaled deeply at the same time and it made us chuckle.

He finally let go of my hand and send me off up to the door of my apartment.

“So... Good night, Ri...” he said, looking at his hands.

I chuckled at his sheepish look.

“Good night, hyung.”

He started backing away and finally turned his back on me. I didn’t enter my apartment until he’s completely out of my sight.

When I finally did, a huge wave of sadness hits me.

Without thinking, I went straight to my room and flopped down on my bed.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter