Chapter 21

The One that Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Surprise

 

Jiyong hyung and I drove downtown and we went to his favorite Japanese restaurant. I think it was called Aori Ramen? We were quickly settled inside and we made our orders.

"Are you sure that's the only thing you want? A ramen? Judging you last night, this won't even fill half your petite." Jiyong hyung teased.

"No... It's okay. Well, what else do you order in a ramen restaurant except, ramen?"

"Eh... They also serve sushi, sashimi and maki. They also serve Dons."

"Dons?"

"Yes... The rice with different toppings of your choice."

"Oh, okay."

"So... You want to add something?"

"No... Not something... Everything! Add in everything that you just said!"

"I knew it." Jiyong hyung said, smiling goofily.

Ahh... I feel like I'm developing a relationship with Jiyong hyung's black card.

~

After a good two hours, Jiyong hyung finally asked for the bill and we went out.

We drove through the city then stopped at Gangnam District. The streets are full of stores with different assortment of things they sell.

Jiyong hyung and I walked hand in hand as we stop at the stores that he thinks we'll like. We stopped at this souvenir shop and we tried on some funky shaped sunglasses, wigs and hats.

"Why are we in a souvenir shop again? I thought we are from Korea and we are Koreans. Why are we buying Korean souvenirs? Are we going somewhere and never coming back?" I asked as I put on another wig.

"Silly, this is for memories. Aren't the couples on those k-dramas do the same sappy things? Acting silly and complimenting each other? I never really do that but you seem to be into those things so..." Jiyong hyung trailed off.

"Yah... I am not." I said as I pout and walked out of the store Jiyong hyung quickly at tow.

We hit each other playfully and we clasp hands again. I can't believe these things would be so normal for us. I mean, I was his first real boyfriend and things should be awkward for him but, he seemed so natural.

He suddenly stopped and drag me on a jewelry shop. There are so many different kinds of jewelries. From necklaces to earrings and bracelets, you name it and they'll have it for you.

Jiyong hyung was standing firmly at the ring shelves. My heart skipped a beat at the sight, then, it started beating rapidly and I'm getting nervous. Why... Why is he standing there?

"Seungri, look! Let's--" Jiyong hyung said enthusiastically, but stopped mid sentence when he saw me. He continued, "What's with that look? It's like you've seen a ghost."

"No..." I whispered.

"What? It's just rings you know... It's not like we're getting married--. Oh my God, I think I already know what you are thinking." Jiyong hyung said smiling teasingly.

"Eh? W-w-what do you think I'm thinking?"

"Seungri, you paled visibly. Your hands are sweating right now and it's a bit shaky. Why are you so nervous all of a sudden?"

"N-n-no... Hyung, stop teasing me."

"Are you intimidated by this thing? Do you think we're moving a bit too fast? Should we go now?"

"N-no..."

"Then it's settled."

Jiyong hyung continued on scanning the different rings in front of him. I just stood there beside him and look at him with so much adoration. He seemed so happy and I can't help but be happy as well.

"These are beautiful... Don't you think so, Seungri?" Jiyong hyung asked as he pointed at the two plain, round-edge, silver rings.

"Would like to see the rings, sir?" the lady behind the giant glass shelves asked.

"Yes please." he answered.

The lady brought out a small box with two, identical plain silver rings. It was beautiful.

The lady asked if we would like to engrave something inside. Jiyong hyung looked at me as if asking for an idea. It made me stop and think for a moment. What should we put inside?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter