Chapter 22

The One that Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The One that Got Away

 

"Meanwhile, in an intersection in Itaewon, a huge car crash just happened right now. Our field reporter Eric Nam is on site to give us live update. Eric."

"Yes miss Jessica. I am here right now at the intersection in Itaewon near the Hamilton Hotel where a dump truck and a black Lamborghini Aventador crashed. According to the witnesses, the Aventador was on the right lane and there seems to be no problem with it but the dump truck came rushing at almost full speed, wanting to beat the red light. The stories of the witnesses matched the CCTV footage where it was indeed already green light for the Aventador."

"So, it was clear that it was the driver of the truck's fault?"

"Yes miss Jessica. All the evidence points out to him."

"Where is the driver of the truck?"

"He tried to escape but the residents of the area captured him and surrendered him to the police."

"He was now on the custody of the police, correct?"

"Yes miss Jessica."

"How about the passengers of the Aventador? How are they?"

"They are brought to the nearest hospital. Both are in critical condition especially the the one whose seating at the passenger. As you can see miss Jessica, this side of the car was very much crushed because of the impact of the crash."

"Have they identified the passengers of the Aventador?"

"Yes miss Jessica. The driver and the owner of the car was identified as Kwon Jiyong and he was with Lee Seungri. If their relatives are watching, they are in International Clinic Itaewon."

~

Daesung was shaking. He was in Seungri's apartment because he was waiting for him from his date with Jiyong. He was drinking a glass of coke when the news flash came on.

He quickly fumbled on his phone and dialed Youngbae's number. It only took two rings before he answered.

"I've seen it. Where are you? I'm on my way." Youngbae said running towards his car, his other friend Top at tow.

"I'm in Seungri's apartment. Oh my God. Drive safely Youngbae." Daesung sobbed on the phone.

After only a few minutes, the doorbell to Seungri's apartment rang. Daesung quickly gathered his things -- wallet, cellphone and keys, and went out to meet Youngbae.

To say that he was in utter shock was an understatement. There stood behind Youngbae was Seungri's ex boyfriend, Choi Seunghyun.

"I'm sorry you guys have to meet like this. Daesung, this Top hyung. Top hyung, this is Daesung. He's a friend of Jiyong's boyfriend Seungri. Anyway, we have to hurry. Let's save the further introduction for later. Let's go." Youngbae said as he walk ahead of them.

"Daesung..." Seunghyun said.

"You are Top hyung?" Daesung hissed.

"I... I am..." Seunghyun trailed off.

Daesung didn't say another word. It is not the right time to confront him. After all, it has already been four years. His friend have moved on and so was he.

Youngbae drove off with Daesung on his passenger and Seunghyun at the back. The three of them fell into despair just thinking about their friends.

Especially Seunghyun. He came back all the way from New York with the sole purpose of finding Seungri. He might not get him back but he was hoping he would forgive him after all these years. If he sees that Seungri was happy with his life, he won't bother him. But, if he was not as happy as he hope he would be, he will try to get him back to bring back those happy days when they're still together.

When they got to the hospital, Seungri's parents was already there. Daesung quickly rushed to them and hugged Seungri's mother. She was sobbing and his husband was consoling her.

"Aunty, I'm so sorry. I didn't take good care of Seungri so this happened." Daesung said, crying in the arms of Seungri's mother. Her husband rubbed circles on Daesung's shoulder.

"It was nobody

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter