Chapter 6

The One that Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Seoul Forest

 

I don't really know what happened but here I am sitting in one of the benches inside Seoul Forest. It's so quiet here. I am currently surrounded by trees and you can hear distant birds chirping. In very busy Seoul, you wouldn't think that a place like this exists. This place use to have tons of people but as many attractions opens up, this forest started to decrease it's visitors. I'd still prefer this place though. Its relaxing.

I've been here before. My noona and I used to play here when we were kids. My mom would bring us here while we wait for dad's shift to be over. Ah, those were the days.

Jiyong hyung mumbled 'wait here' or something close to those words and off he ran. When I asked him where he was going, he just looked back at me and smiled. What the hell was that?

My god maybe he was really going to feed me to the fish! That's totally possible right? He could just borrow some sort of knife and slice me into tiny bits or cubes. He can also just push me in the water and if the fishes turn out to be piranhas, they'll just bite onto me and eat me alive and...

"What are you thinking?" Jiyong hyung came out of nowhere. He was smiling like he really wants to know what's on my mind. Again, he freaking startled me.

"Hyung, you should really stop doing your appear-disappear act. I'm going to develop a heart failure because of you!" I said, rubbing my chest to calm my heart.

"I'm sorry, Seungri-ya." he apologized. While smiling. While smiling that God damn coy smile.

"You don't look sorry hyung..." I said, feigning sadness.

He was not fazed though. If possible, his smile just widened.

"You're cute when your mad. Here, eat this. This is my peace offering." he said as he handed me a bungeoppang ice cream. I blushed furiously at his comment. I looked away to hide my tomato face but he sat beside me.

"T-thank you..." I stuttered. What the fu-. I quickly stopped my thoughts. I really shouldn't be cursing at times like this. He thinks I'm cute when I'm mad. The heat rise on my face again. Should I start a fight now so he can further see how cute I can be? Should I ask him if he wants to date? He thinks I'm super cute! Does he want to kiss me or something? Hug? Cuddle? Or maybe...

There you go again Seungri. You really should have an appointment with a professional brain washer because you have a dirty diiirty mind.

Then there was silence. It wasn't awkward at all. We quietly enjoyed our ice cream and sometimes we asked random things like the subjects we are taking, our course and year etc. He scared the out of me when he frantically pranced around and shouted 'd-d-dragonfly!'. I had a good laugh there. He was practically begging me to kill the poor insect but of course I won't do that. I just send it away and he seems satisfied. Other than that, it was relatively quiet.

When we finished our ice cream, we took a stroll around the park. Jiyong hyung suddenly disappeared. Again. For the hundredth time. When he came back, he was holding two cups of something that looks like fish food.

"Hyung, why do you always leave me alone?" I blurted. Damn. I'm so bad at hiding my thoughts. I just kind of say it out loud at the spur of the moment. Jiyong hyung was flustered. He looked surprised.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter