I : VIII

Want You Back

TRIGGER WARNING: non-consensual things happening (but not between Chanbaek) 

PART ONE
"I  R E G R E T  Y O U"
I : VIII

In the past few days, Baekhyun didn't have any dreams.

All he could remember was darkness, and that was the strangest thing because Baekhyun prided himself in his lucid dreams filled with colour and life. That was one of the reasons why he loved sleeping so much, because he could control his own world and pretend that everything was okay.

He went to school and he came back without so much as a glance at Chanyeol, getting home later than usual and frowning in distaste as he saw his mom making out with some random piece of .

His dad was sitting in the living room, flipping through a newspaper at least three days old and his brother, who had finally come back, was upstairs studying to be something that his parents never wanted him to be.

It had been a little more than a week since he overheard Jongdae, Minseok and Junmyeon, and a week since Sehun and he had started talking.

He jumped onto his bed and sighed, glaring at his phone which still indicated 4 unread messages from Chanyeol.

They were strategically placed every two days, and Baekhyun was curious as to what they said... Though he was afraid to open them.

He thought that maybe, after that, even Chanyeol would think that he was a terrible person, and those texts were just hateful words directed at him.

For some reason, he couldn't stomach reading or hearing anything about how Chanyeol thought that he was a ty person.

His finger hovered over the chat where they shared their short yet funny conversations, and he was about to chicken out until Baekbeom burst into his room, scaring the daylights out of him and making him accidentally click into the texts.

"Baekhyun, which flavour of ice cream do you want? Because I'm going shopping right now and I need to—"

"I already went shopping this week," Baekhyun pointed out and his brother's jaw nearly dropped to the ground.

"What? Oh... Okay?" He shook his head as if he was having a dream, scratching the back of his head before sighing, "I should really lay off the drugs, I'm starting to hallucinate."

", I don't want to hear about your obsession, okay? And plus, you're not hallucinating even if you've probably snorted or something like that," Baekhyun paused, wondering what Baekbeom actually took (he didn't know; he didn't want to be involved in that,) "I started shopping when you left for a while."

Baekbeom nodded before waggling his eyebrows. "I bet your little boyfriend got you into grocery shopping."

"Get out of here you ," Baekhyun swore, throwing an empty box of Mike N Ikes at him.

Baekbeom cackled before he left, closing the door swiftly behind him.

Baekhyun stared back at his phone and nearly screeched when he saw that he had clicked on Chanyeol's messages, and after checking, he realized that his read receipts were on.

Well, it, too late anyway.

Baekhyun decided to read the messages, and they were surprisingly shorter than he expected.

...And they weren't about why Chanyeol hated him, or about how Chanyeol miraculously liked him, or anything, really.

They were just four different times and places, and Baekhyun put two and two together, figuring out that Chanyeol wanted to meet up with him.

The most recent one was from this morning, and Baekhyun then checked the time, realizing that he had ten minutes to get to the destination that Chanyeol had put down.

He looked over the texts and slowly started to recognize a connection. Each of the places and times that Chanyeol had put was all where they had passed their dates at, and Baekhyun recognized that today, he was supposed to go to the café where they had their first date.

The memory warmed him as had the coffee from back then, and he found himself unconsciously smiling when he remembered how Chanyeol had called him cute.

But... even though he had good memories there, he didn't want to go there again.

More specifically, he didn't want to meet Chanyeol there again.

He couldn't face Chanyeol, because he was nearly one hundred percent sure that Chanyeol agreed with what Jongdae, Minseok, and Junmyeon had said. Maybe he didn't agree the day that he heard their words, but after a week of Baekhyun ignoring him and all of his attempts to meet up, he had to now.

It was at that moment that he got a call from Jongdae, deciding to forget about Chanyeol's attempt at meeting up with him.

He tried not to think about the last three times that Chanyeol had attempted to schedule something between them—only to have Baekhyun not show up at all.

He tried not to think about how this time will be the same as the last.

"Hey Baekhyun, want to go out partying?"

And yes, he tried not to think about how Chanyeol would be waiting for Baekhyun there, alone, like always.

"Sure."

~

Dressed in skintight black jeans and a simple, low-cut white t-shirt, people would usually think that one would blend into the crowd and be just that "other person".

But to Byun Baekhyun, that was probably the opposite.

He caught everybody's attention at the club; his soft yet piercing gaze persuading passerbys to stare, his hips subtly swaying with each step as if kindly asking to be ruined, and his delicate fingers wrapping around the glass holding poison.

Baekhyun hadn't even tried to catch attention. He had actually just wanted a casual, fun night out, though of course, people can't always have what they wish.

He tipped his head back as drank the rest of his beer, coughing at the sting in the back of his throat. He wasn't a druggie like his brother, but he had started to indulge himself in alcohol the past year—although he couldn't say that he was an alcoholic. He liked the feeling of having his burdens feel lighter and letting the alcohol do the talking and decisions, something that he usually struggled with doing.

"Easy there Baekhyun, wouldn't want you passing out," Jongdae joked and Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

His alcohol tolerance was terrible, but after a few times in and out of clubs, it had gotten better than before. Baekhyun was still considered lightweight, but he thought that he could handle a bottle and a half of beer for the night.

He wasn't an idiot after all, he knew that he didn't want to puke all over somebody, or accidentally do something that he would regret for the rest of his life.

They had already been there for half an hour and he remembered noticing that Jongdae, Minseok and Junmyeon hadn't drunken anything at all, but he forgot a minute later as someone handed him his second beer.

He sighed and leaned back in his seat, already feeling his thoughts muddling and everything starting to seem a little more interesting.

"Listen, Baek, we're going to go somewhere okay?" Jongdae spoke up and Baekhyun nodded, not really caring.

Jongdae grinned and turned, taking Minseok and Junmyeon with him.

Baekhyun vaguely noticed them leaving the club but he couldn't find it in himself to care, because walking was seriously starting to be his least favourite thing and he could just call an Uber driver later.

Ten minutes later, he got up from his seat and nearly tripped over someone's leg, hissing at them as he made his way to the dance floor. Even if walking seemed like a nightmare, Baekhyun's alcohol filled mind found that dancing was a hundred times easier.

He didn't know how long he spent dancing, but he just let everything out, letting strangers brush up against him but swatting away their wandering hands. 

After the fiftieth time that he hit somebody's hand away (it felt like the same hand as the thirty other times), Baekhyun decided that it was time for another drink.

He made his way to the bar but suddenly felt like going to the washroom, spinning on his feet and nearly falling on his way. He didn't notice the figure following him through the darkened hallway, even as he pushed open the door to the washroom.

Baekhyun did his business and washed his hands, splashing some water onto his face. When he looked back up, he finally realized that someone else was in the room with him. The guy was crouched down and seemed to be tying—or untying?—his shoes, his gaze going back up as he spotted Baekhyun. He gave him a grin as he suddenly pulled his shoelaces off his shoes, standing straight again.

Baekhyun dried his hands and face, and although he was a lightweight, he wasn't drunk enough to overlook the way that the stranger was gazing at him... His conscious told him to leave the room.

The black-haired boy did just that, leaving quickly without a glance back. He was halfway down the darkly lit hall when he felt someone grab his arm.

"Hey, what's your name?" the man asked and Baekhyun pondered whether to answer him or not.

"Kyungsoo," he lied, using one of the names of his classmates.

"Cool, I'm Heechul," he introduced himself, the man's hand trailing up his arm in a way that made Baekhyun uncomfortable.

That's when Baekhyun realized that the man's hands were familiar...

They were the ones that kept trying to feel him up on the dance floor.

Baekhyun ripped his arm out of Heechul's grasp and made another attempt to get back to where the rest of the partiers were, failing miserably as he was grabbed at his waist, feeling himself wince as his back was practically crushed against the guy's chest.

When he whispered into Baekhyun's ear, asking him to do something way past his boundaries, Baekhyun smelt the alcohol on his breath, understanding immediately that he was in a dangerous situation.

"No," Baekhyun answered, trying to get out of his grasp only in vain.

Baekhyun had taken Hapkido since he was 8 years old and he wasn't afraid of using it, reaching behind him and preparing to grab the man's arm to promptly flip him over—only to be completely overtaken as Heechul grabbed both of his wrists faster than he could react, crying out as the man tightened his grip painfully.

He hated the fact that he couldn't see what the hell Heechul was doing, which brought everything to an even worse situation.

"Don't even try your silly moves on me boy, I've taken many martial arts classes... And I'm probably older than you."

He felt Heechul shuffling behind him, one of his hands being passed over so that Heechul could hold his wrists with one hand. In the next second, Baekhyun felt something being tied over his wrists, which he later figured out where the guy's shoelaces from earlier.

Heechul placed one of his hands on Baekhyun's mouth, dragging him further into the darkness and away from any people.

"How old are you, anyway?" Heechul questioned, "You seem to be younger than twenty... Nineteen? Eighteen?"

"I have a boyfriend," Baekhyun announced, hoping for some type of utopia where the man would back away and say aw shucks, didn't want to illegally feel up a taken guy.

Baekhyun figured out a second later that the world he was living in was definitely not Utopia, because he suddenly felt the man placing kisses onto his neck.

"I asked you a question," Heechul stated.

Baekhyun didn't answer, thinking hard about what he could do to escape the situation. By now, his brain felt clearer and adrenaline was pumping through his veins, which was something that clearly gave him advantages.

They heard a noise from around the corner and Heechul freed his grasp on Baekhyun's arm for one second, which gave Baekhyun the chance to swiftly turn on his feet and knee the guy straight in the crotch, feeling completely overwhelmed when he had only hit Heechul's thigh, bound to have given the guy some type of pain... But it wasn't enough to let Baekhyun go free.

Baekhyun wondered why the hell nobody had entered the hallway yet, until he remembered that free drinks were usually served from 12:30-1:00. Those s were probably completely drunk and eating their own .

The ravenette was shoved against the wall, wincing when his hands were crushed between his weight and the drywall. The man now looked angry, obviously not content at Baekhyun's attempt to hurt him.

Baekhyun then tried to knee the guy in the crotch again guy but cried in frustration when the man only grabbed his leg, forcefully wrapping it around his waist as his leg slipped between Baekhyun's.

It was then that he felt lips against his own and he was completely disgusted, struggling with no use. The stranger's lips were chapped and his mouth reeked of alcohol, a complete contrast to the only other kiss that Baekhyun had ever gotten in his life.

And then, he was suddenly thinking about Chanyeol, and how he could've met up with him instead of going to a party only to end up being harassed. When he thought of Chanyeol's smile, he was glad that he had lost his first kiss to him instead of this worthless piece of human scum.

Baekhyun didn't know if he should've expected it or not, but he flinched when a hand started trailing down his front, and he felt like there were spiders crawling all over him—something he would actually trade for the situation at hand—when the man started fumbling with his belt.

A wave of tiredness suddenly crashed into him and he felt lightheaded, not given the chance to breathe whatsoever as he squeezed his eyes shut, trying to somehow erase this from his mind before it even happened. 

The few times that he had read or seen stuff where either a girl or guy was attacked ually, he always wondered why they surrendered so easily, but now, when he was in this situation, he couldn't find anything to do but that

Just as he felt his belt being tugged off, he felt Heechul's weight being forcefully shoved off of him, Baekhyun's legs immediately giving out under him as he slid down the wall, not caring about how uncomfortable his arms were at the moment.

He felt like sleeping right then and there but settled for taking in the needed breaths, not having the energy to look up to see whoever saved him, hearing Heechul groan as he was beaten up.

A few minutes later, someone was crouching in front of him, his chin being tipped up as his vision focused on the face that he rejected so many times. His caramel hair was still somewhat in his face, and his eyes were looking at Baekhyun in worry and desperation, scanning Baekhyun's skin to check for damage.

"Chanyeol..." Baekhyun muttered, not believing his eyes.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear, as they say.

Though, in this case, Chanyeol was his angel.


I'm sorry if any of this triggers you, but it was sort of just apart of the story..? Chanyeol really cares about Baekhyun T-T

I really love it when you guys comment :)