I Regret You

Want You Back

{♡}

PART ONE
"I  R E G R E T  Y O U"
0 : 0

Byun Baekhyun, the epitome of sugar, sweet smells, and stuffed animals all in one person.

He was someone who was wanted by everyone, and really, it was a given because who didn't like soft black hair, mochi cheeks, and a figure that was envied by every girl?

Of course, not everyone can have him. It was only the best of the best that could take him out on a date, and if it wasn't to his likings, he'd drop them the next day.

To put it simply, he was an in disguise.

And nobody could change that.

After all, as a seventeen-year-old, looks and status were everything. People could argue that "Hey, it's the 21st century, we only see what's on the inside!" but Baekhyun knew better. He witnessed it first hand back when he was still in elementary school, with his bowl haircut and skin filled with blemishes. Oh Sehun, his longtime crush, rejected him, who was at the top of the grade with a humour like no one else's, because Kim Jongin looked better than him.

It wasn't hard to change, because all he had to do was watch a dozen YouTube videos and have the commitment like no one else (and there were moments of eyeliner too, but we don't speak about that here).

After he had changed, he was proud to say that everyone wanted him, guys and girls alike.

Baekhyun crossed his legs, tapping his pen on the desk as he nibbled on his bottom lip.

"Say... Jongdae, do you think I'll be getting a girlfriend or boyfriend soon?" he asked as he idly did his homework, swearing under his breath when he completely botched an equation.

The said boy snorted, never taking his gaze off of his phone. "With the way you've been rejecting girls and boys left and right... Not really."

Minseok agreed, leaning forward with his chin in his hand to stare at Baekhyun. "You've got the looks to have anyone you want... Why don't you date?"

The ravenette stopped writing, thinking about Minseok's question in earnest. "Maybe it's because they're not Sehun?" He stared up into Minseok's eyes, seeing a flicker of annoyance before it was gone the next second.

"Well, do you want to be single forever?" Junmyeon suddenly cut in, sensing that the other obviously didn't want to have this conversation.

"No... Of course not."

"Why don't you date someone then?" Jongdae asked, lifting his head to stare at Baekhyun. "Find someone and just date them. To get experience."

It was more of a suggestion to spite Baekhyun; Jongdae didn't expect him to actually take his advice to heart, but when he saw Baekhyun contemplate it, he shared a knowing glance with Minseok.

"It doesn't even need to be long-term. Just date them and drop them off, easy as that," Minseok added, suddenly interested in the conversation, "It would be better if it was a someone not popular too. Maybe a nerd or something, they're easy."

Baekhyun pursed his lips, and for the first time in forever, agreed with the two. "Yeah, maybe... that's not a bad idea."

He cleaned up his stuff, giving the three of them a smile. "Thanks guys, I'll be taking my leave now. See you tomorrow?"

When they all said goodbye to Baekhyun and when he exited the door of the study room, Minseok and Jongdae finally burst out laughing.

"Byun Baekhyun dating a nerd," Jongdae said, fueling their imaginations and making them laugh even harder.

"Oh god, I love you so much, this is going to be hilarious," Minseok wheezed.

"Come on guys, that's not nice," Junmyeon said, although there was a smile on his face too. That smile only grew until he added, "But it would be nice to see Baekhyun dating a nerd."

Jongdae and Minseok stopped laughing, staring at Junmyeon.

"You're not actually as stupid as I thought you were," Jongdae pointed out, about to say something else before a thought popped up in his mind. "Guys! Imagine Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol!"

The three of them all shared a grace-period of silence, before they all erupted into laughter once again.

The imagery of Park Chanyeol, the average-height, big-eared teacher's pet, nerd, geek, and dork all in one, standing beside Baekhyun, was just too comical.

"We need to make that happen."

~

It did happen, per se, but it wasn't because of their actions that led to it.

The three of them didn't know what happened, but a couple of days after their talk in the study room, Baekhyun was suddenly seeking out the nerd.

As it was mentioned before, Park Chanyeol wasn't really... the "ideal" guy for Baekhyun.

He wasn't good looking according to the books, his voice was that of a beaver stuck under a log, and his glasses hid nearly everything that should've been seen on a normal human face.

The only things in his wardrobe were graphic tees about some cartoon or TV show that was overrated, and a few loosely fitting jeans that ranged from dark blue, to darker blue. His oddly dyed hair was straightened awkwardly, covering a quarter of his already covered face, usually on his right side (Baekhyun wondered if he had some hideous scar from his eye to his ear or something).

To Baekhyun, who was perfect in every way—styled black hair, clear skin, a voice like none other, and precise clothing all the way down to his shoes... Park Chanyeol was nothing but a stepping stone.

A rather small one, in his opinion, but a stone nonetheless.

"What do you do in your spare time?" Baekhyun asked, smiling at Chanyeol sweetly as he sat down at his lunch table.

Chanyeol looked up from his drawings (pretty bad drawings, in Baekhyun's opinion) and stared into Baekhyun's eyes. 

"Are you talking to me...?" he questioned, looking behind him to see if Baekhyun was talking to someone else.

The smaller chuckled into his hand, polished, refined—everything that Chanyeol wasn't.

"Of course, dumbo. There's no one else near your table."

Because this is the nerd corner, Baekhyun noted afterward, wondering what people thought of when they saw him at this spot.

"Well, I play games, I play with my ferrets... Maybe sometimes cook..." His voice drowned out near the last word, and Baekhyun had to strain his ears to listen to what Chanyeol was saying.

Though, naturally, he didn't miss the part where Chanyeol said that he played with his ferrets.

Ferrets, for god's sake.

"You have... ferrets?" Baekhyun asked, trying not to let Chanyeol know how much he was truly bothered by this fact.

At that Chanyeol grinned, and Baekhyun's eyes widened, expecting the complete opposite reaction.

"Yeah, well, one of their names are Rio..." Chanyeol went onto a huge babble about his ferrets, and about what his favourite things were. Anyone sane would've stopped him halfway through, but to Baekhyun who was trying to get a date with him, he had to listen to the entire thing.

Baekhyun was nearly about to give up on his quest to date Chanyeol—who could date someone this boring?—before Chanyeol stopped, giving Baekhyun a sheepish smile.

"I'm sorry, you probably want to say something too."

Baekhyun shook his head, smiling instead of sighing like he usually would. "It's okay, I enjoy hearing you talk."

Chanyeol's features brightened even more than when he talked about his ferrets, and Baekhyun briefly wondered what the extent of this boy's emotions were.

Just how happy could he get?

Well, if Baekhyun's plan to date-and-dump Chanyeol was successful, he'd be figuring that out soon.

{♡}

A/N sCREAMS BECAUSE THE FIRST PART SEEMS SO ANTICLIMATIC

But I'm really enjoying this yooo it feels so good to write random again