I : IV

Want You Back

Double update homies 


PART ONE
"I R E G R E T Y O U"
I : IV

Over the course of three weeks, Chanyeol and Baekhyun have succeeded in going date-less.

The main reason for such an inconvenience was the fact that Finals , and Chanyeol supposedly wanted to ace all of his tests (or so it seemed, because at this point Baekhyun's sure he's just ting out information).

Baekhyun was educating himself too, in many different ways.

He wasn't only some super popular beauty, and he had to remind Chanyeol multiple times that he used to be study-obsessed just like him.

Though, now that three years have passed since that stage, his studying methods have become—for lack of a better word—odd.

But he still got by easily. Props to his genes and the brain he got from his parents.

"Baekhyun, tying your notes onto Froot Loops isn't going to help you study."

"Chanyeol, please," Baekhyun said as he did the exact thing Chanyeol was suggesting not to do, "We all know I'm multitasking in the best way. At least I get good nutrition while studying unlike you."

"How do you even—that's such a little reward for getting the answer of that equation right..." Chanyeol shook his head. "I mean, a single Froot Loop?"

"You see," Baekhyun began as he leaned forward, staring at Chanyeol straight in the eyes. "In life, you can't always expect big rewards."

Before Chanyeol could say anything about the wisdom Baekhyun had somehow spit out from his brain, his glasses were swiped off the bridge of his nose and he found himself staring back into them—but in the opposite way... If that made sense.

"Baekhyun, you know that I'm blind, how many times—"

"Holy crap," Baekhyun laughed lightly as the frame slipped lower on his button nose, clearly too big for him. "I understand how you can study 25/8. Your head is big."

Chanyeol rolled his eyes before he suddenly got a face-full of Baekhyun, the smaller having leaned forward way too much.

"How do I look?" Baekhyun asked as he batted his eyelashes, the glasses still looking comical as they basically ate his face. "Am I attractive yet?"

Now that Chanyeol had a better view of Baekhyun with his glasses on (he wasn't kidding when he said he was blind,) he suddenly realized how painfully endearing Baekhyun looked when he was wearing his glasses, acting effortlessly adorable when he had to push them up every two seconds.

With those thoughts, Chanyeol's face suddenly turned hot, and there was no way that Baekhyun didn't notice.

Actually, it was then revealed that Baekhyun did notice, because a second later he leaned back and smiled, his teeth showing and his eyes curving.

"I'll take that as a yes."

~

During the fourth week of their so-called relationship, they finally decided to go out on date number two.

By now, Baekhyun knew a lot of things about Chanyeol.

And no, he did not want to go to a ferret museum with the dork, nor did he want to study about homonyms for three hours.

Maybe something else including "homo", but Chanyeol was obviously way too chicken to go watch the gay parody version of Fifty Shades of Grey with him at Jongdae's party. He said that he was afraid of getting jumped during the film, but Baekhyun figured that by the expression on his face, he was afraid that his amazing boyfriend would get stolen from him.

Chanyeol always had this certain face when he was lying, and Baekhyun found it simultaneously hilarious and adorable—, he meant annoying, not adorable—because he looked like he had just stolen from a cookie jar.

The idiot always lied about the stupidest things, and every single time, Baekhyun would catch him on it. They were small white lies, like how Chanyeol wasn't just going to go home and play with his pets, or how Chanyeol loved Baekhyun's favourite band Nell (he was so offended when Chanyeol revealed that he actually hated them), or how—Baekhyun's favourite lie—Chanyeol said that he didn't find Baekhyun handsome.

"So, where are we going then?" Chanyeol asked when Baekhyun shut down his fifth request.

"How about something that doesn't use... our brains," he suggested as he pondered the thought for a while.

"Everything uses our brains, Baek."

"Okay, know-it-all, let's just settle with something simple. Do you know what a park is?"

"You literally just called me a know-it-all," Chanyeol deadpanned, "Of course I know what a park is."

"Good. That's a step forward in the right direction."

"Do you want to skateboard?"

Baekhyun's eyes lit up so unexpectedly that Chanyeol was nearly blinded, and he remembered thinking that Baekhyun resembled an excited puppy.

"You have skateboards? You know how to skateboard? Is it hard?"

Baekhyun began shooting multiple questions at Chanyeol, and the latter had to calm Baekhyun down so that they could finish planning for their date.

"Yes, I have skateboards, yes, I know how to skateboard, and no, it isn't hard," Chanyeol paused when he saw that Baekhyun only seemed twice as excited, and Chanyeol smiled at how cute he was being. "Have you done this before?"

"Of course I haven't!" Baekhyun exclaimed, earning multiple dirty looks from people who were trying to peacefully eat their lunch. Baekhyun didn't seem to give a single , continuing with a speech that seemed rehearsed. "My parents never wanted me to do anything dangerous, so I actually don't have any bikes or motorcycles or anything... It was actually a miracle that I could get a car."

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow. "But biking isn't even dangerous..?"

"According to my parents, I at everything but being smart and hating on people," Baekhyun rolled his eyes, but was quick to change the subject. "So? Are we doing this or what?"

"Sure, you want to go after school? I'll meet you at the gate."

Baekhyun nodded quickly and Chanyeol laughed once again at Baekhyun's eagerness.

He opened his mouth but Baekhyun cut him off before he could say anything.

"If you call me cute, I'm breaking up with you."

Chanyeol gaped at him and Baekhyun laughed mischievously, standing up from his spot abruptly and saying goodbye. It was time to go to classes, after all. 

When Baekhyun turned and left, Chanyeol shook his head, wondering how Baekhyun had read his mind.

Was he that predictable?

Okay, maybe he was, but he couldn't help it that Baekhyun made him feel happy.

He stood up from his spot and packed away his stuff, flicking some hair away from his eyes. As he made his way to class, he wondered what would be the quickest way to get his skateboards from home and go back to school where Baekhyun would undoubtedly be waiting.

Baekhyun was such a mystery, because at one second, he seemed as predictable as Chanyeol, all smiles and adorable laughter, but the next second he would be rolling his eyes and spitting out insults at whatever he could think about.

He said that he liked partying but whenever Chanyeol asked what Baekhyun did the other day, he'd mention that he took a nap or slept super early. He needed so much sleep, and it was ridiculous how he could sleep at 9 PM and wake up at 7 AM, only to whine the entire day about how he was tired.

There was even a time in the library where they had been studying beside each other on the couch upstairs, and Baekhyun had oh-so-casually leaned against him, seemingly snuggling closer before he sighed in delight.

He was like a little baby, and Chanyeol never seemed to figure out why Baekhyun was so attractive even like that.

"Is he still dating that ing nerd?"

Chanyeol heard some people talking but he ignored it, continuing his walk to class. It wasn't like it was his business, after all.

"Of course, Baekhyun's just pathetic."

At that, Chanyeol stopped in his tracks.

He could really care less if people talked about him—it had happened way too many times for him to throw a fit about it—but for some reason, hearing people -talk behind Baekhyun's back just wasn't something he felt like he could accept.

"When will he get his head out of his and realize that his attempts are fruitless?"

Chanyeol scoffed as he rounded the corner and spotted the people he had seen Baekhyun hanging out with before. If his memory served him correctly, their names were Minseok, Jongdae, and Junmyeon.

"This entire 'dating for experie—"

"Excuse me," Chanyeol spoke up and the boys turned to him, not bothered until they realized who was there.

"Oh," the chubby-cheeked one said. Minseok, or whatever.

"Hey there, kiddo," Junmyeon greeted and Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

"Look here. I get that I'm supposedly a geek and Baekhyun's basically the opposite of me, but please, talk crap about me, not Baekhyun. In fact, I'd love it if you did that; it brings my reputation up," Chanyeol said as he stared into each of their eyes, looking exasperated rather than angry or the like.

He never liked Baekhyun's friends, and hearing them speak like this about him was something that bothered him extremely.

Jongdae scoffed, flipping his hair. "You have no reputation, so I don't see why that would help you. You're just being used right now." The boy smiled sweetly at Chanyeol and he was now only more confused. "If you were really as smart as everyone said you were, you should've noticed it earlier."

"You're being idiotic," Chanyeol said, brushing off his words even if he felt an uncomfortable twist in his stomach.

Jongdae let out a bark of laughter, as if he couldn't believe Chanyeol had said that. "Suit yourself. Don't go crying to your mom when you realize that I was right."

Jongdae turned and began walking away, and so did Junmyeon, deciding that they had to make it to their classes before they were late.

Just as Minseok was about to walk away, he seemed to change his mind, turning back and giving Chanyeol a pitying smile.

"I wouldn't trust Baekhyun, if I were you."


yAy