I Want You

Want You Back

PART TWO
"I W A N T Y O U"
0 : 0

Baekhyun dragged his four suitcases behind him, panting as he finally reached the front of the luxurious building. He shielded his eyes from the sun as he stared up at all thirty floors of his new home, careful not to let his two duffle bags slip off of his shoulders.

The light-haired man groaned as he legitimately roasted under the harsh sunlight, realizing that his new room probably faced the sunrise, too.

With that depressing thought in mind, Baekhyun heaved his belongings into the apartment, entering the lobby first.

The strong air conditioning that hit his face the moment he stepped inside resembled a sign that Baekhyun's prayers were being answered, his foul mood going down a notch.

Baekhyun looked around the unfamiliar place, recognizing that the first floor's walls were made entirely out of glass—that, and the fact that all of the people in the room ignored a struggling civilian.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes as the tenants of the apartment sat in comfortable chairs, tapping away at their devices instead of helping a person in need.

As he made his way further inside and nearly killed himself (his shoes didn't do well on slippery floors, so marble definitely wasn't a plus side,) Baekhyun found himself sourly thinking back to the ten years he spent suffering. And for what, some ty neighbours and an okay living space?

He hadn't spent every waking hour listening to his parents' stupid deals and management just to move somewhere that couldn't even rival his previous home.

Baekhyun shook his head, somehow succeeding in stuffing the elevator with his belongings before pressing on floor twenty-nine.

Now, if he had received the penthouse suite, floor thirty, maybe he wouldn't have been in such a bad mood. But of course, Life liked to work against his favours and decided that a stubborn know-it-all would live there instead. Baekhyun hadn't even met face to face but the guy/girl had denied his offer (which was an amazing offer, by the way).

He leaned his back against the wall halfway through the ride, the thought of s reminding him of a time where he used to pride himself in being rich, and where the people around him played such an important part in his life. That time—ten years ago—was something that Baekhyun told himself to overlook, to forget, but at random moments in the day, he'd remember things that left him thinking about the rest. 

His first three years of high school were blurry and he couldn't remember anything for the life of him... but his last year was always infuriatingly there, in the back of his mind where he couldn't get rid of it.

Baekhyun exited the elevator and found his room without any interruptions, pressing in the passcode and entering after the flash of green light. He deposited his luggage at the entrance, taking off his shoes and padding his way inside the new place.

He poked his head into each room, the lights turning on and off in his wake as he explored the place and hummed as he approved of the inner design.

Baekhyun wouldn't exactly say that he had changed that much in all five senses of oneself, since he still thought immaturely and he had specific tastes in friends (not to mention that he didn't look like he aged more than three years,) but he didn't care nearly as much about everything the people around him said, and neither did he reject people as easily as before... friend-wise and romantic-wise. 

The feeling he felt the most whenever he thought back to his senior year was regret; because of all the things he had done and all the things he hadn't; for all the people he tried to impress and for all the people he forgot—regret, because of the person he had pushed away.

Baekhyun entered the last room, flicking on the lights and recognizing it as the bathroom.

He looked at his reflection and remembered how he had met an old friend yesterday, recalling that they pointed out that he looked different. 

Baekhyun pondered the thought for a second before he smiled, feeling his heart beat strangely as he thought back to something he swore he buried away.

"No eyeliner, huh."