I : X

Want You Back

PART ONE
"I  R E G R E T  Y O U"
I : X

"Hello?"

"Are you alive?"

"Earth to Baekhyun!" Baekhyun flinched when Minseok yelled straight into his ear, quickly covering it to avoid any more loud noises.

He had been spacing out more than usual these days, and for some reason, he'd always somehow find himself thinking of someone's teary eyes.

"What do you guys want?" Baekhyun questioned, giving each of them a glare.

Jongdae shrugged, leaning his head in his chin. "'Wanted to know if you officially broke up with Chanyeol."

Baekhyun winced when he heard the name, remembering what had happened a month ago.

Since then, he had barely seen Chanyeol.

The guy didn't eat at the cafeteria anymore, and he always situated himself behind Baekhyun and his gang during class, keeping low and never speaking up. In the hallways, he never met Baekhyun's stare but somehow always managed to swerve in the opposite direction when Baekhyun tried to bump into him.

"We broke up," Baekhyun stated, "A long time ago."

Ever since then, he felt empty inside. He couldn't help but feel like he should've done... something.

He wondered if Chanyeol was as affected as he was.

Jongdae opened his mouth but Baekhyun didn't want to hear about it, standing up from his seat and packing things up.

He left without another word, ignoring Minseok's quiet "Someone's  hurt."

He had nearly half of lunch time left but he didn't feel like eating anything, nor speaking to any of his friends.

He passed by the library and swept his gaze through, stopping abruptly when he spotted the familiar caramel hair.

Chanyeol looked up from his book at that exact moment and accidentally caught his gaze, casting a spell onto Baekhyun.

Baekhyun stood in the middle of the hallway, looking into the library window with his binder held up against his chest, unable to look away.

He didn't know how long it lasted but Chanyeol put his attention back to his book, pretending as if nothing had happened at all.

Baekhyun finally looked away too, continuing his walk without a clear destination in mind.

When he thought back to him... Chanyeol and his warm hands, Chanyeol and his funny smiles, Chanyeol and his charming actions, Chanyeol and his talents... he couldn't feel anything like happiness, sadness or anger.

There was only regret.

Byun Baekhyun regretted Park Chanyeol.

 

END OF PART ONE
"I  R E G R E T  Y O U"


Hi everybody!

That's it for part one of this story!

There are going to be more parts (all in one book; it's not some kind of sequel or anything) 

And I hope that you enjoyed this! Honestly I should've published this chapter at the same time as the last chapter but... oops?

THIS IS NOT THE ENDING  just in case you thought it was hehehe

Please look out for the beginning of part two 

I think I'll publish it sometime next week. I hope you have a good day :)