Chapter 1

Winding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung enters the hotel. She glanced around over to the front desk and found it deserted. No one was behind the front desk , but then she hadn't expected anyone to be out in this late hours. Probably she was the only fool who had braved the weather. Chaeyoung mused.

She spun the registration ledger toward her and ran her finger down the list of guests until she came to the name she wanted -- Maj. Yoo Jeongyeon -- room twenty eight.

She moved leisurely up the stairs, wondering what was so urgent that her Jeongyeon unnie would send for her in the middle of the storm. Chaeyoung don't have many friends, but Maj. Yoo was one of the few. If her no-jam bro needed her, she'd so damn sure drop everything she was doing to help her.

They have met each other last summer in the military camp, where they are doing some community service as an army. Chaeyoung quickly gained some respect for the major, her braveness, her principle, and her being compassionate on what she is doing and that is to serve her country and her fellow countrymen.

She found room 28 and tapped on the door. She pushed the door opened when she heard the voice of Jeongyeon bid her to enter the room. She was surprised to see her unnie propped up in bed with her leg bound, splinted, and elevated on several pillows. 

Chaeyoung removed her coat and draped it accross  a chair. She pulled another chair and turned it toward her, straddling it before she spoke.

"Well, if I can believe my eyes, it appears that you've broken your leg, unnie."

"No, it's not broken, but badly sprained." Jeongyeon's eyes snapped with hostility.

"You sure took your time getting here!"

Chaeyoung grinned. "In case you haven't noticed, I had to ride through a storm just to come here for your rescue."

The younger girl noticed her freind was not amused. She shrugged and met her unnie's eyes.

"So what happened to you unnie?, you look like hell."

Jeongyeon winced as she raised herself upon her elbow. She groaned and quickly let her head fall back on her pillow.

"Damned that, some men riding a horse, and I think they are in the run, and suddenly flew in on my way, and to make the matter worst, the horse rolled over on top of my leg."

A slight smile curved Son Chaeyoung's lips. "Don't tell me you let the horse beat the better of you? So the horse walked away, while you didn't?"

"Something like that." Jeongyeon assessed the girl, she heard so much about the younger lass. She didn't adhere to the rules that other people lived by. She maybe a bit small when you looked at her stature, but it was a common knowledge that Chaeyoung was the best fighter and at the same time best tracker in Seoul, even in the other state of Korea, and Jeongyeon is counting for her help.

"I need you to do something for me, Chaeng!"

"Chaeyoung's eyes narrowed. "I can see you are worried about something, and it doesn't appear to be your leg. Where's the woman you've been mooning over ever since I've known you? Did she write to tell you that your wedding is off, unnie?"

"Chaeng," Jeongyeon said worriedly, "I hardly know where to start."

There was desperation in Jeongyeon's brown eyes, and she tried to sit up again, only to fall back in pain.

"I need your skills as a tracker, Chaeng. I'm willing to pay you a big amount for your time."

Chaeyoung's face froze into a stony expression. "Don't be insulting. When a friend needs help, money doesn't come into it."

"But---"

"Forget it. Just tell me what I can do for you, unnie."

"What I want from you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter