Chapter 19

Winding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina wore a gray wool gown that matched her mood. She glanced about the bedroom, knowing she was seeing it for the last time. She would have been so happy here if she could have slept in that bed as Chaeyoung's wife.

Her footsteps were heavy as she moved into the tiny parlor and found Young K and Wonpil waiting for her there.

"We wanted to say good-bye, Miss Myoui," Young K said, running his fingers around the brim of the hat he clutched in his hand.

Wonpil grinned. "It's been a pleasure to know you, Miss Myoui. I'll miss your cooking."

Mina went to Young K and kissed his cheek. "Take care of yourself, Young K."

He blushed and looked pleased.

Mina then moved to Wonpil and brushed her lips against his leathery skin. "You look after Ms. Son, Wonpil."

He grinned and held his face where she'd kissed him. "Yes ma'am, I'll surely do that, but a girl like her need a more powerful one to look after."

She smiled, fighting the urge to cry. "We are in agreement on that." She hurried out the door and walked in the direction of the barn, wondering if Chaeyoung would be there. She would probably be happy to get rid of her, since she'd brought Chaeyoung nothing but trouble.

The inside of the barn was dark, but Mina saw Chaeyoung pitching hay to the horses. The girl didn't look up as Mina approached, but the lass knew Chaeyoung was aware of her presence.

"I couldn't leave without saying goodbye to you, Chaeyoung."

Chaeyoung paused, leaning a gloved hand on the handle of the pitchfork. "I'm sure you are anxious to see the last of this place." The girl didn't quite meet the Japanese lass eyes.

Mina placed her hand on Chaeyoung's arm. "I have been contented here, Chaeyoung. You gave me a time to heal, and I will always be grateful to you for that. You have done so much for me. I owe you more than I can ever repay."

Chaeyoung give Mina a piercing gaze, deep brown eyes turning into a silver. *(am I making any sense defining Chae eyes like that?lmao)* "You don't owe me a damned thing. I told you, Jeongyeon paid me for what I did for you."

"Yes, but--"

The girl removed her gloves and tossed them aside. "Damn it, Mina, just go to Jeongyeon and talk to her--tell her how you feel. She loves you."

Tears welled in Mina's eyes. "I'll just say goodbye then, Chaeyoung." The lass stepped closer, still unable to leave. "Hold me, Chaeyoung. Just this one last time."

A deep growl escaped Chaeyoung lips, and she grabbed Mina, clutching her so tightly the lass could hardly breathe. It felt glorious to be in Chaeyoung's arms. If only Chaeyoung knew how much she loved her--If only this girl loved her, everything would be perpect!

Chaeyoung had managed to keep a tight rein on her feelings so far, but her control was slipping rapidly. Her lips were hard and demanding as she ground them against Mina. The girl tounge slid between Mina's lips, and the girl groaned, backing the Japanese lass against the wall and lifting her, bracing Mina's weight against her. Chaeyoung settled her hardening against the lass, and the girl fought against shoving Mina's underclothes aside and driving into her.

Mina thought she would faint from the excitement this girl aroused in her. She forgot everything but the touch of Chaeyoung's hand against her skin.

Chaeyoung's mouth moved to the front of her gown, and she moved it against the material, kissing, nudging, making Mina cry out with awakening desire.

"Why couldn't you have just left without saying goodbye, Mina?"

Chaeyoung's words barely penetrated Mina's conciousness. She tossed her head back and whispered the girls name when Chaeyoung pushed her gown up and spread her legs. Mina bit her lip to keep from crying out. Chaeyoung's hand moved between her thighs, and she slid her finger inside the lass, causing Mina to arch and buck against Chaeyoung.

"Chaeyoung, oh, Chaeyoung."

Her neck muscles corded, and her breathing came out in a hiss when her finger reached through her hot tightness until she came to the barrier she'd hoped to find. Her body trembled, and she gritted her teeth.

Mina was still a !

She had not been violated. Chaeyoung wrestled with the temptation to break through that barrier, but she slowly withdrew her hand and set her on her feet.

Chaeyoung's voice was deep and harsh. "You can assure Jeongyeon that the Hong brothers didn't violate you while you were unconcious."

Mina blinked her eyes as she c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter