Chapter 6

Winding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina had no way to gauge how long the rides have been. She had never been so cold and exhausted, and she could hardly stay upright in the saddle. When the girl decided to stop for some rest, Mina wearily slid to the ground and almost stumbled.

The girl that has caused her fear and weariness sat mounted on her stallion. It appeared that she was unaware of anything that went on around, but she knew better.

It was sometime later. When she'd built a fire on their camp, Mina walk toward it. She bend down on her knees and put her frozen hands to the flames. Even if she don't admit it, the girl was right about the thought of bringing along the spared blanket with her. Or else she would have frozen to death by now.

Chaeyoung moved with such catlike quite that she hadn't heard her, and jumped when she heard the other voice.

"Are you hungry, Miss Myoui?"

She shook her head, staring into the other eyes with amazement. There is something unusual about her that the Japanese lass couldn't utter. How could such a girl be evil? Why did she sense something strong and comforting and protectiveness around her?

"If you are not hungry, I suggest you get some rest. We will leave first thing tomorrow before the sunrise. We'll have a long day ahead of us."

She braced her back against a wide boulder and tightened the blanket around her, watching her unsaddle the horses and lead them to the hobbled and feed them. She was not at all what she expected. She was strong, such a commanding presence. Something just didn't fit. She don't have to be so gentle with her, in the first place she's their captives, but the way she treated her was nearly giving her a doubt. Because she was rather overly concerned about her comfort.

Mina doubted if she ever closed her eyes for fear that the girl will do somehing unusual to her. But her eyelids were so heavy, and her exhaustion took over. Her head fell to the side and she's in her deep slumber instantly. She didn't even feel that the girl covered her with her long coat, and unaware that the small girl just took a light nap so that she'll be able to hear if anyone came up during the night.

It seemed like she just fall asleep when the girl nudged her awake. "Wake up. It's time to go. I'll give you ten minutes to do whatever it has to do, I'll wait for you!"

Mina came fully awake, scrambling on her feet. "Where are you taking me?" All her fear came back, her chest is heaving and she tightened her hand into fists. "I'm not coming with you, until you tell me where are we going!"

Mina is startled when the girl chuckled and rubbed her cheeks where she'd hit her when they'd first met. "I didn't expect you had a strong hand there Ms. Myoui, but don't do anything stupid again. Next time I might not be so forgiving."

Mina folded her arms stubbornly across her chest. "I'm not budging an inch until you tell me what are you going to do with me. You can force me to go with you because you are stronger than I am but I'm not going willingly." She gazed at her angrily and she lifted her chin higher. "I'm tired of people who always telling me what to do."

Chaeyoung's head swiveled in Mina's direction and there was a scowl in her face. "You will do as I say, and maybe, just maybe, I can keep you alive. As for not moving, you have a little choice in the matter. And I'm going to explain to you when the right time comes."

Mina suddenly felt down. "Can't you just let me go?"

Chaeyoung's patience running, she walked towards the girl, lifting her over her shoulder and plopping her on the saddle a bit harsh. Then, wordlessly, she mounted her horse, took up the other horse reins, and started to move the horse.

Mina is a good rider, but the rough land made the going hard, she was forced to hold onto the saddle horn to keep from being unseated. She look at the back of the girl in front of her. She was arrogant and so sure of herself, and she wanted to fly off her horse and scratch her eyes out. But she didn't dare. She was definitely afraid of her.

Chaeyoung chose that moment to turn around and motion her forward. "I want you next to me so I can keep my eyes on you."

She'd like to protest, but the look she give her silenced her and did what she asked.

After a while longer, Mina tooked the courage in hand and said. "My father will hunt you down no matter where you go. You'll be sorry you ever heard the Myoui name."

"I'm already sorry ." The girl just look at her. "As for your father, should I be trembled in fear?"

"I believed my father is a man to be feared of. You better afraid by now."

As the day progressed, it warmed up a bit. But in the late afternoon, dark clouds gathers in the sky, and it looked like to Mina as if an artist splashed color across the horizon.

She glanced at her captor and was about to talk to her about the beauty of the sky, then suddenly clamped . She didn't want to share her thoughts to this arrogant girl. Unknowingly her eyes dropped on the girls strong hands, which held the reins in a loose grip. She shievered when she remembered the strength of those hands, thinking that this girl can break her bones anytime. She wondered what would it feels like if that hands run over her body caressingly.

At the moment, she blinked and feels her cheeks going hotter at the impure thoughts she was having of this girl. She was an enemy, what the heck is wrong with her!, she's supposed to think only of her fiancè Yoo Jeongyeon. Her thoughts turned into worries. Would she ever see her again?

Chaeyoung called a stop when the sun starting to turned gray. Mina dismounted, wishing she had a glove for protecting her hands from the cold which has intensified with the setting of the sun.

"Are we going to camp here? There is no protection from the wind."

"Sshh," she shushed her, grabbing up the reins of both horses and gripping her shoulder, shoving her against the cliff wall and pressing her body against hers. She removed her gun and cocked the hammer.

"What --"

Her head tilted in her direction and glared at her. Should she scream for some help? Maybe there's someone out there ready to help her. Chaeyoung's eyes were so cold it looks like a predatory cub. She decided against calling out, because she could feel the strength in the body pressed against hers. She was once more reminded that this girl can crushed her if she wanted to.

She is watching carefully, not moving, as if listening to any sounds that might alert her in some danger. When she turned to look at Mina, her deep brown eyes bored into her, and Mina become aware of the hard body pressed against her. She was so near, Mina can see the pores in her skin and the natural red and alluring lips of this cowgirl. She could smell her natural body scent, and something unexplainable ran hotly through her whole body.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter