Chapter 12

Winding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr. Myoui answered the knocked at the door. Thinking it would be the Yoo family. His heart stopped when he saw his wife, and the woman suddenly flew into his arms.

Mr. Myoui's arms tightened around his wife, and his heart filled with warmth. She had known he needed her. "Sachii, what are you doing coming here at this time? Why did you not inform me and came alone?"

"Of course, I didn't, because I knew you wouldn't approve. Taec and Nick came with me. I just had a feeling you might need me. So here I am, and Mina is also my daughter. I couldn't stay in the house and can't concentrate running the company worrying about our daughter. Have you found her?"

He moved into the room and closed the door. There was leashed anger in his eyes when he thought of what his daughter had been through. "Yes, she's been found."

She went into his outstretch arms. "Thank God! I have been out of my mind with worry." She felt the tension in him. "She is alright, isn't she?"

"She's alive, but I don't know what she suffered at the hands of those bastards."

"Where is she? I want to see her."

Mr. Myoui released his hold on Sachii and frantically paced the length of the room and back. "It seems she was rescued by someone by the name of Son Chaeyoung. Do you know her?"

Sachii frowned. "I heard that name before. Wasn't she's the one who stopped the hostage taker from harming the hostage and to just surrender and not to fight back with the army not too long ago? I believe she was hailed as something of a hero."

Mr. Myoui stopped before her. "Did she? I hadn't heard of that. Zed told me that Chaeyoung has already killed one of the Hong brothers."

"Where is Mina now?"

"She's at the Son's ranch. Zed and Ali saw her and have assured me she is in good health."

Sachii shook her head. "I don't understand. Why is she at the Son's ranch?"

He put his hands around his wife and drew her close. "Let me hold you, and I'll tell you what I know." He laid his face against hers and felt the familiar stirring of his body. "I have missed you. I'm glad you are here."

She knew his husband so well, and she knew also he might go after the Hongs and get himself killed. He was not a man to standby idly while others hunted for the kidnappers. "What are your plans?"

"I'm leaving early in the morning. Some hunters claim to have run into the Hongs just across the borders."

She knew better than to try to talk to him out of going, so she asked, "Who is going with you?"

"Five men from our ranch."

"I want to come, too."

He eased her out of his arms. "You can't do that, Sachii. But it would ease my mind considerably if you would go to the Son ranch and check about your daughter."

She nodded in agreement. "Perhaps that would be for the best. I'll leave in the morning."

He drew her tightly against his body. "How did you know I needed you?"

She closed her eyes, loving her husband with her whole being. "I just know you so well."

"Major Yoo and her parents are supposed to be here at any time."

"What is the law doing to find the men, Kenji?"

"You may well ask," he replied, lips curled in distaste. "Sheriff Park has taken a posse in the direction of the panhandle. That man couldn't find his own tail."

There was a knock on the door. He peck her wife lips and set away from her. "Later," he said, smiling.

A young soldier handed Kenji a letter. "A message from Major Yoo, Sir. She said to tell you how sorry she is that she and her parents can't come today." The young man waited a moment. "Will there be an aswer, Sir?"

Mr. Myoui feel irritated. "No, I have nothing to say to them."

When Kenji closed the door, Sachii pulled him toward the room. "I'm glad they are not coming. Now we can be together."

 

It was still dark when Chaeyoung awoke and stretched her cramped muscles. She take a short shower. She cramped her feet in her boots and just wore a simple shirt and a bit loose jeans. Glancing toward the bedroom, she was surprised to see the door open. On closer inspection, she discovered the bed was already made. She followed the delicious smell coming out of the kitchen and found Mina just taking biscuits out of the oven.

Mina noticed how tumbled her hair looked and she noticed the tired lines beneath her eyes. Chaeyoung was working too hard, and Mina doubted that the girl slept very well on the floor.

"Something smells good," she said, sniffing the air.

A warm glow spread through Mina at the shared moment of intimacy. The lass tried to remember that she was angry with the girl, but it was difficult with Chaeyoung looking at her with such a soft glow in those black eyes.

"After you've called the others, breakfast will be ready to eat."

"I didn't hear you get up. I thought young ladies of your station reclined in bed and had their breakfast served to them."

In a sudden rush of irritation, Mina now remembered why she'd been angry with her. Why did she always have to say such cruel things to her? "I have always been an early riser myself -- and for your information, I never take my breakfast in bed unless I'm ill. As for you" -- she shrugged -- "it would have taken a stampede to wake you when I first got up."

The sight of her standing there with a smudge of flour on her cheek was so endearing that it made Chaeyoung smile.. "I'll call them," she said, going out the kitchen door with light steps.

Later, when Chaeyoung and the two men were seated at the table, Mina poured each of them a steaming cup of coffee, then sat down to drink hers.

"Why aren't you eating?" Chaeyoung said in a growl. "A good puff of wind would blow you away."

Her head swiveled in the girl direction, and her brown eyes glowed dangerously. "I ate while you were still asleep. I also washed your dirty clothes, hung it on the line, and made breakfast."

"Yerin does my laundry," Chaeyoung grumbled.

"Good. Then I won't do it again."

Young K and Wonpil exchanged a startled glances. Knowing Chaeyoung's temper and hoping to keep their boss from making a fool of herself, Wonpil said quickly, "Ma'am, I guess you're just about the best cook I've ever met. I didn't eat like this since I was a boy. My mother made biscuits like these."

"Why, thank you, Mr. Kim. I don't know when I've had a nicer compliment."

Young K nodded, his eyes clear and honest. "I agree with him, ma'am, although I don't remember my mother's cooking."

Chaeyoung managed to look disgruntled, but she said nothing.

Mina took a quick sip of coffee and smiled at Young K. "I am riding out with you this morning."

Wonpil nodded. "It's nice having you with us. It's still cold, but I don't think we'll have anymore snow."

Chaeyoung scowled at the two men, resenting the fact that they made Mina smile. Hell, she resented anyone especially any man who could make those sweet dimples appear in her satin cheeks! She shoved her plate away and stood. "You two ride to the high pasture. I'm going to take Miss Myoui and search in the valley so we won't be so far from the house."

"Yes madam, Miss," Wonpil said with pretend seriousness, and recieved a frowned from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter