Chapter 5

Winding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina lay huddled beneath the thin blanket that she'd been wrapped in when the men had kidnapped her. Although she was cold, she refused to used the wool blanket Sam had offered her.

She had lost count of the days since her abduction and had long ago given up hope of being rescued. She dared not to think about what the future held for her.

Sam appeared at her side, untying the ropes at her wrists and ankles before handing her a cup of hot coffee. "Careful, the coffee is hot, Miss Myoui. It will help you warm a bit.

Mina gladly accepted. "What's goin to happen to me, Sam?"

He hesitated and avoided meeting her gaze. In the short time he'd known Myoui Mina, he'd grown to respect and care for her. Never he met a woman who could touch him in looks and manners, and she was braved too, although she's scared from time to time. For the last two days he'd battled with the notion of taking her back to her family in Seoul. But of course, he didn't even dare give in to that thoughts. He and the woman will be dead, even before they can reach the main gate of the Villa.

The safest thing to do for this woman, is to make sure that his brother Eugene wouldn't take a step near her. At night he make sure that he's sleeping in the floor below the bed beside her. So far Eugene had left her alone. But he wished Jun Gyu would get back as soon as possible, because he didn't know how long he can protect Ms. Myoui to Eugene. Everyday he's gaze becomes more bolder and never leave thier prisoner.

"Just stay here for a moment, I'm just going to fetch us some fresh water."

"Don't leave me alone," Mina begged, "What if he comes back, and I'm here alone?"

"I'll be right close by, and I'll hear you if you call out."

She watched Sam leave, feeling desperate and helpless.

Mina caught her breath when she heard the front door open. A scream formed in when she saw Eugene, but she couldn't make a sound. Sam hadn't tied her up yet, and she wondered if she dared run for it.

Eugene walked toward her, his eyes going to her , which strained against her shirt. "So, I have you alone at last. You gave me a lot of sleepless nights. But I guess I'll sleep good tonight."

She pressed her back against the wall. "Sam will be back any minute now," she said hurriedly. "He just went to the well for water."

Eugene unfastened his gun belt and dropped it onto the table. "No, my brother won't be bothering us anytime soon. When he comes to, it'll be too late for you. You see, I kinda put him to sleep with the of my gun."

"No!" she cried, looking at the door as if Sam might come through it at any moment. "I'll scream if you touch me."

He laughed and stepped closer. "No one will hear you. Go ahead--scream all you want."

With a quick motion, Mina's hand tightened on the coffee cup, and she dashed the hot brew into Eugene's face. Hurling herself forward, she darted for the door while the man covered his eyes and screamed out in pain. She open the door and ran into the dark icy nights.

She could hear the man's cursing and calling her name. Fear gave wings to her feet, and she started running in no particular directions in mind.

Mina had almost reached the graveyard when someone stepped in front of her. She screamed out as the person grabbed her shoulders and held her in tight grip. Mina, thinking it was Eugene and that he'd manage to work his way in front of her, swung at the person with her fist. She heard a muffled sound of pain just before she drew back her leg and kicked the person infront of her that made the intruder release her hold on her.

Mina turned away and came face to face with Eugene! If Eugene was infront of her, then who was the person she'd just attacked?

Eugene grabbed her arm and yanked her forward. "I'll have you, and I won't be too particular about how rough I am."

A deep voice spoke up from behind her. "Let her go."

Eugene adjust his eyes into the darkness. "Who the hell are you?" he asked, reaching for his gun and realizing he put it in the table.

The stranger's hands grabbed Mina's shoulder and dragged the woman behind her. "Lee send me here to take the woman with me." the intruder said. "I'm the one who is going to kill you if you've harmed Myoui Mina in anyway."

Mina strained her eyes in the darkness, althought this guy is not so tall, she can see that he's well built and has a lean muscle. But wait, is her eyes playing with her?, Is this guy actually a girl? Mina blinked her eyes several times to make sure that she's not hallucinating. How can this girl has a vibes of a man and a beauty of a woman. She looks like a cute baby cub, but Mina can see the dangerous tiger sleeping behind those innocent face. And the way she moves, how can a woman have a broad shoulders?, and her voice was deep almost raspy. She's far from her fiancè Yoo Jeongyeon, this girl looks like more experienced in this field.

Mina wanted to hit herself from comparing her fiancè in this girl?, Jeongyeon is not working on the bad and injustice. But this girl did.

She wore a long coat, but it was pushed open so she could easily reach the holster that was strapped to her thigh. Her gaze fell on the gun, and she felt more afraid than ever. She had a feeling that this girl is not just an ordinary person, she knew how to use her's better than most.

"I didn't hurt her. I was just having a little fun with her," Eugene said in a shaky voice.

Although the stranger is a well built, her grasp was gentle where she gripped Mina's wrists. She didn't have a tight hold on her, but it was secure enough that she could not pull free. She wonders if she make her sorry for attacking her.

Chaeyoung glanced down at Eugene, and her lips thinned into a hard line. It was all she could do to keep on attacking the bastard. "Let's get her out of this cold." she said in a strained voice. "Then we'll talk."

Eugene was suddenly feels guilty, trying to placate the stranger who is somehow scary to him. "We got a fire going back where we're holed up. It's nice and warm there."

"Lead me to it. If you'll accompany us, Ms. Myoui."

She urged Mina along, supporting her when she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter