Chapter 4

Winding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Acting on strong hunch, Chaeyoung had camped near the road to Daegu for three days. She'd watching the people passing by, and hoping one of the Hong brother's will accidentally go into that way. 

It was late afternoon when she saw the dust of the loner rider approaching. She urged her horse behind the thick bush, waiting and watching.

As the rider drew near, Chaeyoung guided her horse into the man's path and aimed her rifle into the man's heart. "Stop where you are.", she commanded in a harsh voiced. "And don't move."

The stranger pulled back on the reins and looked at Chaeyoung, seemingly not intimidated. "Wow, what can I do to you beautiful?, is luck on my side today?, the stranger smirking at Chaeyoung, while checking on her up and down. If it's money you are after, you won't get as much from me lady, but if you want, I can lend you my body."

Chaeyoung's chuckled at the mans straightforwardness. "It's not money I'm after, and I'm not interested in your body, I can see, you are so full of yourself, huh?, but I need some information from you."

"Unbuckle your gun belt and drop it to the ground," Chaeyoung ordered. "Then carefully ease that rifle out of the holster and drop it, too."

Jun Gyu looked at the girl hard, he saw a cold eyes and sterned look and he knew she meant exactly what she said. Slowly he unbuckled  his gun belt and let it drop. He then unholstered his rifle and thrown it to the ground.

Chaeyoung motioned with her rifle. "Dismount slowly, but keep your hands where I can see them all the times."

Jun Gyu did as he told, although he has some trouble removing his foot from the stirrup with his hands in the air. Chaeyoung encouraged him by cocking the rifle and leveling it right between his eyes.

"Damn woman!, what do you want from me?"

"Maybe I'm a woman in appearance, but, don't test my patience. Now, what's your name?, who are you?"

Jun Gyu's eyes narrowed. There was something going on that he didn't understand. What did she want? No one could know that he'd kidnapped the Myoui's woman, he make sure that he'd been careful on his tracks.

"Keep those hands up," Chaeyoung ordered when the man dropped one arm.

Jun Gyu stared directly into the stranger's eyes. He was no coward, but he read something in those brown depths that warned him that the girl wouldn't hesitate to shoot him dead.

"And if I don't feel like telling you my name?" Jun Gyu asked recklessly, testing the girl.

Chaeyoung shrugged with indifference. "Then, you'd be hurting yourself." Without hesitation, she aimed her rifle and fired.

The man let out a cry, he grabbed his ears and blood poured through his fingers. "Damn it to hell! Why'd you shoot my ear, you wench?"

"So you'd know that I am serious, bastard!" Chaeyoung replied in a voice as hard as steel. "Remember now, that I always hit what I aim at." Chaeyoung moved the tip of the rifle in the man's heart. "I'm going to asked you one last time," Chaeyoung warned. "What's your name?"

Jun Gyu his dry lips, and sweat popped out in his forehead. He had the feeling that the girl already know him, so he didn't dare to lie. "Hong Jun Gyu, he said hurriedly, his eyes hardened, and he wondered if he could reach the derringer that was hidden in his sleeve before the girl could pull off the trigger. "Who are you?, and why you want to know my name?"

Chaeyoung leaned forward, cradling the rifle acrross her arm, and said softly, "Man, I'm your worst fear."

The man could no longer look into those cold, penetrating eyes. "I don't even know you. What I have done to you?"

Chaeyoung dismounted and aim her rifle on him. "Let's just say that you have something that belongs to a friend of mine, and she wants it back."

"I don't know what are you talking about." the man could feel the metal of his hidden derringer against his bare flesh. If he could distract the girl and keep her talking, he'd have the chance at a clear shot. "What does your friend think that I have that belongs to her?"

"Let's not waste time into meaningless conversation, Jun Gyu. You have the woman who doesn't belong to you, and you are going to take me to her, right now!" She took another step toward the man. "But first I want you to tell me about your deal with Lee Hyeong Gyun and where in Daegu you are supposed to meet him?"

Jun Gyu knew in his gut that he had no choice but to tell the stranger everything. "Why didn't you just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter