Prologue

Winding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina can't sleep, she envied Jihyo her bestfriend and personnal assistant for sleeping peacefully while hugging her hotdog pillow.

What was the matter with her? This was supposed the happiest time of her life. Why did she feel stirring of uneasiness? She was doing the right thing in marrying Jeongyeon, wasn't she?

Tomorrow they would see each other for the first time in two years. What was wrong with her? She felt such a heaviness in the depths of her heart.

But what if Jeongyeon's devotion towards her had changed -- what if she was no longer loved her and was marrying her only out of duty? After all, two years  was a long time when their only communication to each other had been through emails, and it's full of plans for their future, and she'd express her heartful affection for her. She pushed her foolish doubts aside, remembering the many tender sentiments Jeongyeon had expressed, written to her faithfully.

Even their weddings had been planned through mail. Because of Jeongyeon's duties as an army officer, they had decided that they would be married on Jeju Islands, that's where Mina dreamt of being wed.

Mina tried to imagine what her reunion with Jeongyeon would be like. She would be shy, and she would look so pretty boyish in her uniform and behave such gallantry toward her. Their hands would touch, and when they are alone, she would kiss her.

Her fiancè had kissed her only once, but the kiss had melted her heart and made her realize that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with the officer.

 

FLASHBACK

That day was still vivid in her memory. Troupes of North Koreans armies are attacking some rebels that runs in the borders of South Korea, and the South's seeks for their help. Her Auntie was telling her to stay inside the house, because its too risky going out while armies and rebels are on the fights.

But as hard headed as she was, she goes out for a while, and when she's about to go home there's some rebels in the horse were running in her direction, they dashed off in front of her, and not really care if she's hurt or anything. A low fog had swirled around her as she dropped to her knees, and cried. She had been so lost in her own anguish that she hadn't heard the rider approaching until she was upon her. The rearing of horse and the rattling briddle made her jump to her feet, ready to run away. As she backed away, wondering if she can make it home before anything happens.

The riders had a light brownish hair and prettily boyish look. She could tell she was tall by how high she sat in the saddle. At first she thought the rider is a guy, but, while she is walking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter