Confessions of a Wolf

The Not So Ugly Duckling

Warning: Light (not really)

Triple update hehe here is part 1/3


Daehyun stared at nothing with a hardened glare, his hands gripped tightly together. It had been weeks since the art festival incident and Daehyun felt like he was going insane. Everytime he saw the dang chipmunk, his heart clenched. He could feel it beating out of his chest. He went to every cardiologist money could buy and all of them told him the same thing. He was 100% fine. But he wasn’t. If he was, why would he feel like avoiding Youngjae every time the two of them were in close vicinity of each other? He couldn’t explain it. That or he didn’t want to accept the creeping truth. 

Him and Youngjae were simply friends. That’s what he wanted. That’s what he expected. Not these feelings that he would not willingly admit. Daehyun could have any man or woman he wanted. Wanted to f**k a Victoria Secret model. Easy as one phonecall. Wanted to fool around with some kpop idol. Even easier. He had beautiful, good-looking people at his disposable. But a disheveled, poorly dressed, sassy, sometimes cute, had a nice smile, and addictive laughter too, and not to mention his chu-He was digressing. Point being, how could a chipmunk make his heart feel like he had ran a marathon? The chipmunk of all people. 

“Jongup.” Daehyun’s voice was so harsh and cold that it even caught Jongup off guard.

“Yes?” Jongup eyed Daehyun cautiously noticing the frustration in his eyes. It was almost as bad as when Daehyun had to deal with his family. 

“After work drop me off at Rain Sound.” Jongup’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Usually when Daehyun mentioned he was going to a club, he would be excited like a kid at Disneyland. Being loud and obnoxious. Talking about the possible pretty little things he will sleep with. He got none of that. Instead, the cold serious Daehyun remained.

“A club? Daehyun, you know you have to keep your image in check. Woojin is just waiting for you to-”

“I wasn’t asking, Jongup.” Daehyun got up from his desk, roughly running his fingers through his neatly combed hair. He was going to prove that he was still the same old Daehyun. That he could screw around with anyone he wanted, no feelings attached. That Youngjae didn’t affect him in anyway. That their relationship was purely a friendship. Just a friendship. 


“If you keep frowning like that, your face is gonna get stuck,” Zelo poked the space between Youngjae’s furrowed brow. “Is it your work again?”

“No….that’s actually going well…” Youngjae grumbled. 

He should be jumping for joy, having the time of his life, partying, because he was one step away from finding the synthesis method for his DNA analog. Buuuut oh no, Jung Daehyun just had to ruin his mood. He didn’t understand why the usually clingy Daehyun basically threw him on the side of the road and never looked back. Everytime he saw the man, Daehyun would practically sprint in the opposite direction as if he was the damn bubonic plague. It was getting bad to the point where Youngjae just wanted to chase after him to kick him in the balls for ignoring him these past weeks. Did he say something weird at the art festival? He thought the situation was amicable. A memory that he would secretly treasure. So would Daehyun avoid him? 

“Is it because of Daehyun?” Himchan playfully wiggled his eyebrows. Youngjae froze at his hyung’s words. Damn, he hated Himchan’s intuition. 

“No,” Youngjae scoffed, rolling his eyes as he leaned back on his lab chair. “Why would you say that?”

“By the way your eyebrows look like an angry bird.” Himchan chuckled, ruffling his dongsaeng’s hair. 

“Yeah, hyung, you look the red angry bird from the video game.” Zelo and Himchan burst into laughter at the comparison because honestly they weren’t wrong. With the way Youngjae’s eyebrows were so tightly knit together and the pout on his lips, him and the birds could be twins.

“Hahah, funny,” Youngjae sneered. “You're just having a ball now that you are finally getting laid with your oh so precious Yongguk.” Youngjae mocked gagged at the thought.

“Well…” Now it was Himchan’s turn to be flustered. All attention was on him now. Himchan had been so thirsty for Yongguk that both boys had thought that Himchan would have jumped on him the moment he got the ok. But apparently they were wrong. Maybe Himchan was still a pure altar boy. Pfft, who were they kidding. “I wanted to but…” Himchan ruffled his hair. “Ahg! He said he wanted to take things slow and enjoy each other’s company. He said that spending time with me was too precious to rush into things! The man is too damn sweet I swear he’s part gummy bear!” Himchan was now slumped in his chair, eyebrows furrowed and a pout on his on lip.

“Eh?! You didn’t jump him hyung!? Man you must be off your game, old age getting to you?” Zelo received a file smacked on his face. 

“I may be older than you, but I’m pretty sure that I’ve had more than you, vanilla boy.” Himchan chuckled as Zelo turned bright red, a frown on the giant puppy’s face.

“Very mature of you, Umma. Picking on the baby like this.” Youngjae rolled his eyes, pulling Zelo to his chest and petted his head like a mother soothing a child.

“Yah! I’m not a baby!” Zelo hissed, now even redder from embarrassment.

“Why are you guys picking on me! It’s Youngjae that’s having love life problems with Daehyun!” Himchan pouted, finding it unfair that they were picking on him. He was the damn oldest after all!  

Youngjae froze, his own cheeks turning red. “W-what love life!? Me and Daehyun are just friends!” 

“No, you and me are just friends. You and Daehyun have something. Whether it be love or not, it's definitely not just friendship.” Himchan crossed his arms, a smug grin on his face since he knew he was right. Youngjae never got this upset about his friends ignoring him. And if he was he would simply barge into their place and demand answers. At least that’s what he did to him when he basically abandoned humanity to write up his dissertation (which he noticed had a dent on it). 

“It’s not love. If you haven’t heard, I’m an aual chipmunk. I spawn my offspring.” Youngjae let out a huff, not wanting to talk about this any longer. What ever issue was going on it was between him and Daehyun and if Daehyun wasn’t man enough to talk it out with him then Youngjae would pay no heed. He would just ignore the upset and hurt feelings he had. He would just throw aside the worry he held for the other man. The concern that ran through his mind. Yep he would throw it all away and give it viking funeral. Or at least he’d try…

“Whatever you say Youngjae,” Himchan sighed, gently patting his friend on the shoulder. “Even if you don’t have romantic feelings about Daehyun, you do care about him. Maybe he’s having a rough patch right now and just need some time alone. His brother basically took over half the company right? He’s probably stressed about that…” Himchan offered some words of solace, not like seeing his kids getting hurt. Momma Himchan mode activated. 

“Maybe you’re right…” The thought of Daehyun being upset and not coming to him to talk bothered him even more. Was he no longer reliable? Was their friendship that shallow that Daehyun wouldn’t even want to rant to him. He just wanted to know what changed. Hell he wouldn’t even mind Daehyun going back to that attitude he had before Youngjae and him were friends. At least back then he didn’t actively avoid him like a rabid rabbit. “I should get back to work…Maybe I’ll find something helpful in the rubble,” Youngjae let out an exasperated sigh, unrolling a piece of his crumpled up notes and forcing himself to work even though the only thought on his mind now was Daehyun’s behavior. “Oh my God…” Youngjae’s eyes went wide. The excitement in him jumping 20 fold. “OH MY GOD! THIS IS IT!!” Youngjae squealed, jumping around as if he drank 30 red bulls. 

“Huh?” Himchan snatched the paper from Youngjae, looking at the work on the crumpled paper. “OH MY GOD! YOU DID IT!” Himchan joined Youngjae in the jumping festival.

“Are you guys high on isopropanol or something?” Zelo slowly reaching out for the phone to call the nearest insane asylum.


“Youngjae found it!” Himchan grabbed Zelo in a forced tight hug. “The mechanism to synthesizing the analog of DNA!” Zelo’s eyes went wide with excitement. Now they had three bunnies jumping around. They had the final piece of the puzzle. The three of them would have busy night, but it would be all worth it once they got the final product. Plus it would be a good distraction for Youngjae. To let him focus on his work and not Daehyun. No matter what his IQ was, Daehyun was a puzzle he did not understand.


Daehyun’s tongue ran across the chest of the young man writhing with pleasure underneath him. A smirk spreading on Daehyun’s face as he ran his hand under the young man’s crotch, causing the pretty boy to raise his waist wanting Daehyun to pleasure him more. Daehyun flicked his tongue against the pretty boy’s sensitive , eliciting a seductive moan. Daehyun now moved his meticulous touch farther south, nipping away at the young man’s pretty thighs. Said boy, begging Daehyun to f**k him into oblivion. 

Daehyun sat up, sitting on the younger man’s waist and his lips. A lustful spark in Daehyun’s eyes. He knew he was the same old Daehyun, he hadn’t change. He could still sleep with anyone he wanted, not giving a care. Meeting beauties such as the one under him in the club, y dancing and grinding up against each other, taking the fun on the dance room to the bedroom. Fulfilling his ual needs and desires without a qualm. The only reason he thought he had any sort of feelings for the chipmunk was probably cause he hadn’t been laid in a while. But after this nice f**k with this lovely pretty boy, he’ll go back to normal. 

Daehyun ran his hands down the pretty boy’s chest, giving the boy’s crotch a nice squeeze, watching as he panted below him, begging Daehyun to pound into him so hard that he wouldn’t be able to walk. Daehyun aimed to please and was happy to oblige. He lifted the boy’s leg so that they rested over Daehyun’s shoulder, the pretty boy looking simply delectable. But Daehyun’s eye’s furrowed. Despite having this beautiful y thing right in front of him, begging for him. He didn’t feel anything. He was beginning to feel frustrated. Why wasn’t he ? Why was he hesitating? Last time he checked his was working just fine, so unless he magically became impudent he should be on a pleasure high right now. He looked down at his crotch still tucked away in his tight black boxer briefs. Nothing. 

“A-Are you okay?” Daehyun looked up at the panting boy, his cheeks bright red, his breath shallow, and his entrance right there for Daehyun’s pickings. Nothing. Instead unwanted thoughts and images began to invade Daehyun’s mind. He started thinking of Youngjae. What he would look like in this scenario. How beautiful and tempting the chipmunk would be under him, panting, whimpering under his touch. His chubby cheeks bright red from embarrassment and desperation. His eyes watery from the high of pleasure. Spreading his legs wide for Daehyun to taste every part of him. Daehyun froze, realizing what he was thinking. How hard he was becoming. 

“I’m tired…” Daehyun released his clutch on the young man, sitting himself at the edge of the bed. The pretty boy looked up at him confused, his own hard on going limp at the sudden halt. “Sorry about this, keep the room, but I’m going.” Daehyun put on his pants and shirt, pissed at himself. Annoyed, frustrated. All of the f**king above. He left the hotel room, not even looking back.


Daehyun let out a frustrated groan, staring at the ceiling of his condo. He literally left a perfectly y piece of and begging for him so he could just mope and groan in his room. He even ignored all of Jongup’s 30 calls, not wanting to talk to anyone. He felt so damn pathetic. He felt like an impudent. Like he was helpless, lost, confused. He was a CEO of a company. A multi-billion dollar company and yet in this one moment he felt like an insignificant bean. And why did he feel that way? All because of a certain chipmunk. He turned and glared at the cute medium size chipmunk plush that rested on the floating shelf beside his bed.

“This is all your fault…” Daehyun growled, grabbing onto the plush. “Why did you have to make me have these feelings…” He glared, but there was no malice or hatred. It only softened the longer Daehyun stared at the plush. “How can you be so cute when you look like a complete mess all the time?” He squished the plush’s cheek. A small smile creeping onto his face as he remembered how ridiculous all of Youngjae’s outfits were. From his ugly sweaters, to ill-fitted pants, and giant glasses. They were all so hideous that Daehyun would report Youngjae to the fashion police, but a small part of him was growing accustomed to it. Not minding the visual eyesores. 

“Why did you have to be so nice and caring yet so sassy?” He gently ran his fingers through the plush’s hair. He could almost hear Youngjae’s voice saying he wasn’t sassy he was just born this way. With the chipmunk’s signature eyeroll. He would throw fire at Daehyun, only to immediately soothe his injuries with ice. Usually Daehyun would have none of it, if it were anyone else he would have ended the conversation immediately. Finding it too tiring and annoying to continue. But Youngjae was interesting. He was witty and sassy, but playful and cheerful. Daehyun always had fun chatting with the chipmunk. He felt comfortable, relaxed. More so than he had in years.

“Why do you believe and give a about me more than my family does…” Daehyun booped it’s cute little button nose. He sometimes he forgot he was his father’s son. Having little to no contact with him since young. His mother didn’t help with the emptiness either, blindly being attached to his no good father. Ignoring his existence and focusing her energy in pleasing his father. A child of wealth yet a child forgotten. If he hadn’t had Jongup’s friendship at the time probably would have fallen apart. He thought that now that he was CEO, he was stronger, proving he did not need his father’s power. That he had his own. Only for his father and his to show him otherwise. Making him feel small and helpless. But then the chipmunk had to come and show him. Tell him that his father’s opinions were trash. That he was worth something. That all his hard work was not for nought. 

“Why did I fall in love with you…” He placed a chaste kiss on the plush’s forehead

He admitted it. He wanted to deny it. Think it was a sick joke from God. That he could fix himself by reminding himself of his type. Beautiful, y, and a nice peice of . But doing that only highlighted how everything had changed. Beautiful became cute. y became sassy. And nice peice of became pinchable chubby cheeks and disheveled hair and motherly tendencies. It all became Youngjae. The one man who openly and bluntly rejected him. The one who comforted him and supported him. The one he fell in love with. He was in love. The player, billionaire, philanthropist Daehyun was in love. And he was in love with a chipmunk Yoo Youngjae. 


Thanks for reading! Comments, Questions, and Critiques are welcomed!

Hehehe y'all thought it was going to be light with Youngjae didn't ya teehee toooo bad~ Haha But Daehyun has finally admitted his feelings so yayz!!

Importante!

Sooo techinically I had a looong 31 page chapter, but I thought it was ridiculous to post....so I broke it down into three parts! They are shorter, but instead you get a triple update! And since these chapters are kinda important I thought it would be fun to announce an interesting event I thought of, which I will mention in the next chapter!