Insecurities within the Chipmunk's Paradise

The Not So Ugly Duckling

Warning: Kinda y times XD


“Youngjae...Youngjae….chipmunk…” Daehyun lightly nudged the sleeping chipmunk resting on his shoulder. The younger slightly scrunching his face at the sudden wake, wiggling his nose a bit. If Daehyun could let out a manly squeal he would, cause damn his boyfriend was just too cute sometimes. Okay, all the time. But he couldn’t tell Youngjae that or else the little fluff wouldn’t definitely use that to his advantage. Not that he already doesn’t. “Chipmunk, we’re here~” Daehyun cooed, nuzzling into Youngjae’s soft tuft of hair. 

“I’m awake…” Youngjae murmured, only nuzzling into Daehyun’s neck. His eyes still closed and a content hum leaving his lips. 

“Can’t I just let him sleep?” Daehyun looked up at his hyung’s pleading, a pout on his lips. 

“If you’re going to carry him.” Himchan rolled his eyes. He couldn’t believe how whipped Daehyun had become and by Youngjae of all people. Last time Daehyun was in a ‘relationship’ he distinctly remembered the CEO had left his date at a club because he wanted to go eat cheesecake. But now he couldn’t wake up Youngjae so that they could get off the dang plane? My how people changed. 

Daehyun shrugged his shoulders, tucking one arm under Youngjae’s legs and the other wrapped around his shoulders. “Anything for my princess.” He leaned down and gave Youngjae an eskimo kiss. Youngjae grinned sweetly, placing a chaste kiss on Daehyun’s plump lips. 

“Ack! My eyes! THEY BUUUURN!!” Zelo shrieked, rubbing his eyes frantically. Jongup grabbing a throwup bag and mock up-chucking his guts. 

“See what ya two do?” Himchan stuck out his tongue at the overly affectionate couple and gesturing for the youngins to get off the plane. “Make room for Jesus ya nasties!” Himchan let out a loud huff before getting off the plan himself. 

“You’re enjoying being spoiled aren’t you?” Yongguk quirked a brow at Youngjae. The younger only flashing a innocent smile as his arms wrapped around Daehyun’s neck. 

“Of course~” Youngjae chuckled as Yongguk scoffed with disbelief. 

“You are truly Himchan’s child.” Yongguk grinned and shook his head. He himself leaving the plane. 

“Ohhh, so you weren’t sleepy, you just wanted to be spoiled.” Daehyun quirked a brow, amused at Youngjae’s antics. 

“Of course I do,” Youngjae pressed his head against Daehyun’s forehead. “I thought you were my prince, remember?”

“Aish, I didn’t know what I was signing up for.” Daehyun chuckled, but immediately began to cringe as Youngjae pinched his cheek in retaliation. 

“Hmph,” Youngjae hopped off Daehyun’s grip. “I guess you’ll never know exactly what you signed up for, Mr. Prince.” Youngjae smirked and shrugged, wiggling his , which were hugged nicely by his skinny jeans, in front of Daehyun before dashing off the plane. 

“Dang it, Yoo Youngjae!” Daehyun sprinted after Youngjae and his fine .


“Uhg,” Youngjae slumped over his luggage, exhausted from lugging the massive weight around. Perhaps Daehyun was right, he shouldn’t have brought so much crap with him...but he would never admit that. Especially not when Daehyun so easily carried his and some Youngjae’s luggage. Why did the damn CEO have to be so damn perfect… “I just wanna sleep.”

“We finally get some alone time and all you want to do is sleep?” Daehyun quirked a brow, a devilish grin on his face.

“Yes. I really just want to sleep.” Youngjae groaned, rolling around the futon until he was a little wrapped burrito. 

“But what if I don’t want to sleep,” Daehyun chuckled, placing both of his hands on each side of Youngjae’s head, trapping the younger beneath him. “Hm?”

“Then you can use all that extra energy to unpack.” Youngjae innocently grinned, loving to toy with the other. 

Youngjae was no fool. No idiot…..okay most of the time. He was book smart, not street smart. He knew the sly innuendos that were laced in Daehyun’s words. It was Daehyun for Christ’s sake. If the man was not , Youngjae would be concern and send him to a hospital immediately. He was used to the little y quips and pokes (no pun intended) that the elder loved to with. He liked dirty jokes. He wasn’t a dang nun. A part of Youngjae knew that Daehyun wanted to go forward with their relationship. Have more than the cuddles and kisses. He knew and he kinda wanted it too. At least that’s what he was trying to convince himself. He wasn’t lacking anything that would stop him from pushing the relationship forward. He loved Daehyun. Check. He was physically attracted to Daehyun. Quadruple check. And the other loved and was attracted to him as well. There were literally no obstacles blocking them except Youngjae himself. He was still scared. The scars on his heart aching at past terror that haunted. He wanted to be brave, make every wound disappear. But he was still too weak and he hated himself for being so pathetic. 

But that’s probably why he loved Daehyun as much and as quickly as he did. Sure the elder was an and judged his looks initially, but he never demeaned his efforts. Never once made Youngjae feel as if he was useless. And even now the rabbit had been keeping his carrot in his pants for him. He was treasuring Youngjae. Holding him close and letting him know that he wasn’t a pathetic loser that Youngjae secretly felt about himself. He honestly wondered what Daehyun saw in him. 

“Aish, you’re no fun.” Daehyun pouted. Youngjae chuckled giving Daehyun a chaste peck on the lips, causing the elder to break out into a wide grin. 

“I have a Phd in science. Fun died a long time ago.” Youngjae smirked.

“Smart .” Daehyun gently plopped on top of Youngjae, nuzzling into the younger’s neck. Youngjae let out a huff air at the sudden weight.

“Fat .” Youngjae furrowed his brow. Daehyun was heavy as hell. It was probably all that damn muscle of his. 

“Sausage lips.” Daehyun smirked, gently biting Youngjae’s lower lip. Youngjae’s eyes went wide and he let out a small shriek as his face became bright red. Daehyun had to withhold the laughter that wanted to burst. He loved how Youngjae could turn from snarky chipmunk to just a ball of cuteness. His wolf instincts just wanted to devour him. In both meanings of the word. 

“H-Horn dog.” He flicked Daehyun’s forehead as revenge for the teasing. 

“Cute Chipmunk.” Daehyun rested his forehead against Youngjae’s.

“That’s not an insult.” Youngjae quirked a brow. 

“I know.” Daehyun smiled brightly, kissing every place on Youngjae’s face that his lips could get to. Youngjae giggling at the feathery touches. 

“I HOPE Y’ALL BE DECENT!” Himchan pushed the door open, causing the Daejae couple to jump. “Ack! What are you doing to my child you rabbit!” Himchan shrieked and pulled Youngjae from under Daehyun. 

“Sorry, Dae.” Yongguk sighed and sympathetically patted his friend’s shoulder. Daehyun scowled, not liking interruptions in his chipmunk time. He had gone through hell with Woojin and hadn’t seen his chipmunk in a week. He needed Youngjae time. Yes, he sounded needy and clingy. Yes, he sounded like a whiny teenager. Did he give a ? Nope. 

“We weren’t doing anything naughty, Channie,” Daehyun devilishly smirked, readying to tease the elder. “Not like what we did that time in Fiji. I distinctly remember you not wearing any unde-”

“YOU !” Both Youngjae and Himchan shrieked. Himchan throwing his slipper and Youngjae throwing a magazine at the handsome CEO’s face. Himchan not wanting to dwell on the past, especially the past in front of Yongguk. Youngjae really not enjoying all the fun y times Daehyun has had with his past lovers, especially Himchan. Even the calm Yongguk couldn’t contain the urge to slap the back of Daehyun’s head. Afterall, he really wasn’t fond on hearing Daehyun’s past adventures with his Himchan. 

“This is abuse!” Daehyun mocked huddled into a corner like a child. “Y’all ganging up on me.” 

“You deserve it you .” Youngjae stuck out his tongue and stomped out of the room.

“Yah, chipmunk! It was just a joke!” Daehyun jumped up, quickly chasing after a peeved Youngjae. 

“At least they got out of the damn room,” Himchan sighed, rubbing his temples. “God, I need an aspirin.” 

“I’ll grab it for you,” Yongguk grinned, placing a sweet kiss on HImchan’s cheek. “And I’ll grab the other youngins.” 

“Has anyone told you a saint?” Himchan smiled, placing a kiss on Yongguk’s lips. 

“Once or twice, but I don’t think the Vatican’s got the update yet.” Yongguk flashed his gummy grin as Himchan playfully nudged him in the rib.


“Okay, we are going to spend some time together before running off and doing our own schtick, got it?” Himchan shooting a glare at Daehyun.

“Wow, this is new. I really thought that you wanted Yongguk allll to yourself.” Daehyun snickered, eliciting stifled giggles from the rest of the herd. 

“I have plenty of time for that...at night,” Himchan flashed a confident smirk. Yongguk shot up an amused brow while Daehyun gagged. “But for now we are going sight seeing. I need some Instagram worthy pics.” Himchan put on his sunglasses and strutted out of the hotel.

“I swear Himchan was a diva in a second life…” Youngjae mumbled.

“More like a diva in every life.” Zelo chuckled, causing the rest of the boys to burst in laughter. 

“Did I hear some shade being thrown at me?” Himchan lowered his sunglasses eyeing the kids. 

“No sir!” Youngjae piped up. Himchan pursed his lips for a moment, contemplating whether to flick the boys for lying to him. They were obviously throwing shade. He knew it. Cause he was the king of throwing shade.

“Come on, Channie. Kids will be kids,” Yongguk kissed Himchan’s temple before leading the elder away. “Watch out, kids, Himchan has supersonic hearing.” Yongguk warned the kids still in the lobby, earning a pinch from Himchan. 

“I heard that!” Himchan pouted.

“How the hell can they still be so disgustingly lovey-dovey even when they are argueing.” Zelo cringed.

“You should ask the kings of that.” Jongup sighed, gesturing with his thumb towards Youngjae and Daehyun. 

“Why are you mad, chipmunk?” Daehyun tried to grab onto Youngjae’s hand. The other swatting it away. 

“Cause you and your wolf eyes were totally staring at the guy’s !” Youngjae sneered at the good-looking young man that walked by them in his tight skinny jeans.

“I was not!” Youngjae stared at him with the most deadpanned expression. Yeah, the wolf was not getting out this one. “Okay, I was, but it was only for a second. A millisecond. I was just appreciating a work of beauty is all.” Daehyun defended. Just because he was in a happy monogamous relationship don’t mean he couldn’t look and appreciate a nice piece of or . Right?

“Oh appreciating are we?” Youngjae raised a brow. Two could play at the same game. Youngjae crossed his arms, scanning the lobby. “Damn, that life guard’s abs are so hot,” Daehyun flinched slightly at Youngjae’s words. “God, what I would do to let my tongue run across every ridge and dip.” Youngjae could feel the elder beside him tense. An dark atmosphere exuding from him. 
“Do you really wanna keep talking, chip-munk?” Daehyun gripped onto Youngjae’s wrist. 

“What’s wrong, Daehyun? I’m just appreciating art,” Youngjae flashed Daehyun a bright grin. “I’m just appreciating art. Imagine if his abs are rock hard what else is-”

Daehyun quickly gripped Youngjae, his voice dropping to an animalistic sultry low that sent shivers up Youngjae’s spine. “Unless you want to find out how hard I can be, I suggest you stop, chipmunk.”

“Uhg! Shield your eyes and ears, Zelo!” Jongup groaned as he grabbed Zelo’s wrist and dragged the poor boy out of the lobby so that the youngin didn’t have to witness the random pops of Daejae instead of their cute fluff. 

“What if I don’t want to stop?” Youngjae flashed Daehyun a cocky smirk. Youngjae was competitive to a fault. And how did that torture Daehyun sometimes.

“Uhhhhggg!” Daehyun groaned, running his hands through his dark brown locks. “You’re making self-control hell, chipmunk. Are you really a chipmunk or a minx?” Daehyun let out an exasperated yet amused sigh.

“I’m only a minx when it comes to things I like,” Youngjae chuckled, grabbing Daehyun’s hand. “And I can assure you,” Youngjae leaned in close to Daehyun’s ear. “The only hard thing I want pressed against me is you.” Youngjae burst out into bubbly laughter as the elder groaned in ual frustration and self-control. Youngjae could be a real sometimes.


”Gosh damn it, why is it so hot.” Himchan grabbed his electronic fan, attempting to cool the his overheated face. 

“It’s August, Channie,” Yongguk chuckled, placing his cap on Himchan to shield him from the beating sun. “It’s supposed to be hot.”
“Why do you have you right…” Himchan sighed, leaning his head on Yongguk’s shoulder as the group travelled to one of the shrines in Kyoto. 

“Cause one of us has to be the level-headed one,” Yongguk grinned, his low laughter leaving his lips as Himchan pursed his.

“If you weren’t so cute…” Himchan grumbled. 

“Then I wouldn’t have gotten such a catch like you.” Yongguk smirked.

“You are smooth with your words, Bang.” Himchan scoffed. Yongguk nuzzled into the diva’s neck, adoring every time Himchan called him by his nickname. 

“Yah! Let’s try this out!” Daehyun waved at the couple to do the water purification at the shrine. Himchan shook his head at their energy, but happily grinned as the two trotted over to the stone spring.

His smile widened at the sight at the kids fumbling around with the handle. Jongup was helping Zelo with the ladle and the little nuances of the ritual, an obvious blush in the maknae’s cheeks. Cute. Daehyun was screwing around with Youngjae, hugging the younger from behind and ‘helping’ with the ceremony. More like splash him with water. Himchan really wondered what miracle happened for such bliss to occur. He was happy. Freaking overjoyed that him and his friends were finally having some peace and happiness, which they rightfully deserve. But something still lacked. Something was missing. It was something trivial and stupid. He shouldn’t dwell on it, but he did. And it bothered him immensely.

Himchan glanced at the Daejae couple once more. Daehyun hugging Youngjae tightly from behind as Youngjae lifted the ladle up to Daehyun’s plump lips. Only to have the little minx splash him. Daehyun let out a low amused growl before attacking Youngjae’s neck with kisses and little nips. Youngjae becoming a giggling mess. The cuteness taking an immediate turn when Daehyun whispered something low into Youngjae’s ear. The chipmunk flinching before lowering his head to hide his beet red face. Daehyun chuckling before whispering more words into the chipmunks ear, nipping the younger’s ear. Youngjae letting out a small shriek and lightly slapping Daehyun.

Himchan sighed. It wasn’t like he was still into Daehyun. Hell to the no. He was happy and definitely in love with Yongguk. He just missed the tension. The heat, the ual spontaneity he had with Daehyun. The feeling of knowing a person wanted to ravish your entire body. He missed, yearned it. He wanted to just pounce on Yongguk and make the man have his way with him. But he couldn’t. More like he tried and nothing came to fruition. The small insecurities that Himchan hid away seemed to grow. Was he not attractive enough? Was Yongguk really even gay? Was this all some hallucination Himchan had conjured up? 

“What are you thinking so intently about?” Yongguk rested his chin on Himchan’s shoulder. 

“Hmmm, nothing.” Himchan forced a smile, the horrid thought still plaguing his mind.

“I see,” Yongguk flashed a small smile, knowing Himchan was lying. He didn’t want to press the issue. If Himchan was uncomfortable to tell him something, he wasn’t going to force him to say anything. “Don’t worry too much okay?” He placed a sweet kiss on Himchan’s cheek.

“I won’t.” Himchan once again placed a strain smile on his face.


”Ooooo!” Zelo grinned, grabbing one of the masks and placing it over his face. “Do I look good?”

“Cute.” Jongup chuckled, squishing the ears of the fox mask.

“I don’t wanna be cute,” Zelo pouted. A devilish cheshire grin grew on his face when he spotted Himchan and Yongguk looking at pretty hand fans. Jongup quirked a brow as the younger sneak behind Himchan. “BOO!”

“HOLY BLOODY SEPHORA!” Himchan jumped into Yongguk’s arms. Jongup and Zelo bursted into laughter as Himchan fumed. “ZELO I RAISED YOU BETTER!”

“We better run before Himchan kills us.” Jongup chuckled, grabbing Zelo’s wrist and running off.

“You know even if we run off, Himchan will still kill us. He’s vindictive like that.” Zelo chuckled.

“Then we’ll hide behind Daehyun and Youngjae. Perfect human shields.” Jongup flashed a grin.

“Speaking of…” Zelo and Jongup turned to see Daehyun and Youngjae near the geisha hair accessory stall. Daehyun placed different hair accessories in the fluff’s hair despite his protest. The elder simply laughing and coling as the younger pouted. Daehyun pulled out his phone to take a selfie with his pretty little chipmunk geisha.

Jongup quirked a brow at Zelo, the two reading each other's mind. They lurked behind the Daejae couple, waiting for the right moment. Click! Jongup and Zelo flashed their most deadpan, straight-faced expression behind the smiley Daehyun and shy Youngjae. Daehyun and Youngjae’s expressions instantly turned into confusion when they reevaluated the photo. The two of them bursting into laughter at the silly maknaes. The four of them began taking silly selfies trying out different masks and hair accessories. 

“Hahaha really pretty,” Jongup snickered placing after placing a cherry blossom hairpin in the younger’s soft locks. “Like a geisha.”

Zelo blushed, his words jumbled. “Things like this d-don’t suit me.”

“It does,” Jongup smirked. “You have a cute face for it.”

Zelo frowned. He had learned to detest the words pretty and cute. He wanted to be handsome, manly like Yongguk or suave and y Daehyun hyung. He wanted to be devilishly pretty like Youngjae or dripping in gorgeous beauty like Himchan hyung. He wanted to be on the same level as Jongup, not a kid. Not the cute younger brother. He was getting tired and frustrated in getting family zoned. He wanted to break that wall, but he was scared. What if he ruined everything? But if he held everything would he ruin himself? The thought that Jongup may find someone else and Zelo forcing to watch on the sidelines hurt. 

Zelo glanced over at the Daejae couple and a small jealous frown appeared. Daehyun was squishing Youngjae’s cheeks, giving the younger eskimo kisses as he chuckled. Youngjae returned the gesture by pinching Daehyun’s nose. Daehyun’s face scrunching up as Youngjae flashing him a cheeky grin. Daehyun rolled his eyes as he put his arm around Youngjae’s shoulder, placing another geisha trinket in the chipmunk’s hair. This time the younger played along, making a funny face and pose before placing an accessory in Daehyun’s hair. It was disgusting. Disgustingly cute. And Zelo was envious of their happiness. Their love.

“Tadah!” Zelo flinched as Jongup smiled at him. “This suits you the best.”

Zelo reached up and pulled out a cute Hello Kitty geisha comb from his hair. It was indeed very cute. Child-like. Zelo furrowed his brows conflicted on how he should feel. 

“Haha we might not be the cutest pair, but we at least leveled up,” Jongup placed a matching comb in his hair. He looked ridiculous. His sharp features didn’t suit the cutesy accessory. “Cute?” He wiggled his brows.

“Pffft, you are way too manly for that, hyung!” Zelo bursted out into laughter.

“That’s fine,” Jongup shrugged. “I’ll be manly cute and you’ll be fluffy cute,” Jongup taking the accessory from Zelo’s hand and placed it in the younger’s hair. “The perfect pair.”

Zelo blushed, awkwardly playing with his hands. He swallowed the anxiety buried in his throat. Maybe Zelo was worrying too much. Maybe he had a chance, but he was too scared to man up and take a leap of fate. What could go wrong? He completely ruins his friendship...Jongup is disgusted by him…the negativity poured into his mind. Zelo shook his head, he needed to stop thinking like that or else he would forever be stuck in limbo.


Steam filled the serene, starry night air. Youngjae sunk into the intoxicatingly hot water, a hum of glee releasing from his lips. Bubbles forming at the surface of the water. All the tension in every joint and muscle released. He needed this. The peace, the serene, the-

“F**k Jongup! It was just a joke!” Daehyun hissed from the other side of the bamboo wall. There goes Youngjae’s serenity. 

“That idiot probably did something to Jongup again…” Himchan sighed, sinking further into the spring water.

“I wouldn’t be doing to Jongup if you let me be with Youngjae.” Daehyun grumbled.

“If I let you in the same hot springs as Youngjae, you might him,” Himchan rolled his eyes. “The only unfortunate thing is that Yongguk and Jongup have to babysit you.”

“Daehyun, if you touch my again I will rip off your .” Jongup growled.

“Sounds like a war over there.” Zelo chuckled as he swam through the water puppy style. 

“Daehyun, are you cheating on me!?” Youngjae hollered, a minute from clocking Daehyun if he didn’t give him an answer Youngjae wanted.

“No chipmunk, of course. I just like touching Jongup’s . I want to do more than touch your-” Daehyun’s face was met with a wet towel.

“Keep your talk to yourself.” Yongguk sighed, wanting to just relax. He didn’t get enough of it dealing with overseas deals at work and taking care of Daehyun’s sorry all the time. 

“Aiish, I’m being abused,” Daehyun whined. “Everyone at work wouldn’t even dare to do that.”

“That’s because they don’t know the real you.” Youngjae chuckled. 

“Oh, and what is the real me, chipmunk?” Daehyun’s voice was laced with coy teasing like a fox.

“An .” The entire group bursted out into laughter at Daehyun’s experience. The said victim only grumbling.

“Ha-ha, very funny. I’mma file for domestic abuse when we get back to Seoul.” Daehyun murmured, throwing his head back to enjoy the steaming waters. 


“Yo, Youngjae if you stay there any longer you’ll end up like a prune.” Himchan placed his hand on his now yukata covered hip and eyed the boy.

“Just give me a few more minutes and I’ll get out.” Youngjae hummed, still too content to be in the warm water to actually move. 

“Okay, but don’t whine to me when you become a raisin,” Himchan shrugged before opening the sliding door to the changing room. “Yah, Zelo, let’s get going. I saw that there was a bar and massage chairs in the resting area. I needs some wine in me.”

“Ew, hyung, I don’t need to know what nasty kinks you’re into.” Zelo teased.

“You want me to shove soap in your mouth, ya nasty! You’ve been hanging out with Daehyun too much!” Himchan’s shrieking could be heard behind the paper door, leaving Youngjae to simply chuckle at the entire chaos. 

Youngjae simply closed his eyes and let himself drift into pleasant bliss. Honestly, his life was so perfect right now. He had a good, stable job. A handsome, loving boyfriend. All the drama with Woojin was done (for now). And he was in freaking Japan without needing to spend a dime thanks to his lovely boyfriend. Did he feel like a gold digger? Sure, but he was a broke researcher. He’d be the sugar baby to Daehyun’s sugar daddy any day. He let out a small chuckle, remembering all the obstacles he had to face to just get to this moment. All the s that bullied him in school. His family that abandoned him. The homophobes in college that tried to make him more of a ‘man.’ Where were they now? Youngjae could give two s because he was pretty sure it would be nothing compared to where he was now. 

“Yah, Himchan, I said I would be out in a minute.” Youngjae whined as he heard the screen once again open.

“Oh no, please do take your time, chipmunk.” Youngjae jumped at the familiar, but unexpected voice. 

“H-hey! What the hell are you doing here!?” Youngjae instinctively covered his chest at the sight at a very Daehyun...well his towel covered the interesting parts. But the parts that were visible made Youngjae have heart palpitation problems. 

“I’m getting alone time with you, one way or another,” Daehyun shrugged and began padding towards the edge of the hot springs pool. “Pfft, why are you covering yourself like a girl?” Daehyun chuckled, dipping himself into the springs with a satisfied ‘aaahhhh.’

“B-because I don’t trust you.” Youngjae tried to sound firm, but at the moment he didn’t know if he could even trust himself. Daehyun’s dark chocolate brown hair was slicked back with water. His tan body dripped with water, the liquid trail caressing every muscle, every area Youngjae just wanted to put his lips on. Youngjae swallowed thickly, trying to calm his hormones. 

“Really?” Daehyun flashed a cocky smirk. God, was this man trying to kill Youngjae, cause he was succeeding. “Cause someone here looks more like a wolf here than I do.” Daehyun brought his face close, his nose slightly nudging Youngjae’s. 

“If there is any wolf here it’s you.” Youngjae turned his face away, hoping that he could play his red face as a result of heat rather than the embarrassment and ual urges he was feeling. 

“You do look tasty, so you’re not wrong.” Daehyun leaned in, Youngjae’s neck. The younger yelped and nearly jumped out of the pool. Daehyun shut his lips tight, trying to hide the chuckle that wanted to escape his lips. God, it was fun teasing his little chipmunk. 

Though the teasing was all in good fun, Daehyun couldn’t deny that Youngjae looked quite delectable at the moment. His smooth lightly lightly tanned skin on display just for him to bite. The slight red on his chubby cheeks and his gosh damn lip-biting. Daehyun made a note to tell Youngjae to stop that habit. The chipmunk had no clue how that little action could rile the wolf in any man. Daehyun honestly wanted nothing more than to take Youngjae in his arms right in this moment. Cover the younger with his marks, make him moan and flinch under his touch, and just thinking of Youngjae panting and begg- he had to stop. He was getting horney and Daehyun junior would be up and about if he kept going. He had to slow his roll. He obviously wanted to have with Youngjae. But he didn’t just want have . He wanted to love. Make love with Youngjae. And if the cost of that was a little patience...and him jerking himself off in the damn hotel bathroom. So be it. 

“I’m not a damn appetizer you food monster.” Youngjae tried to throw a sassy remark at the other as some sort of guard against the horndog. 

“Of course not,” Daehyun moved closer, scooting over in his place in the spring so that he could sit next to the other. “You’re dessert,” Daehyun devilishly pulled Youngjae onto his lap so that he could hold the younger tightly. Wet skin against wet skin with only a towel in between them. This was heaven and hell for Daehyun. Youngjae wiggled a bit, a bit uncomfortable from the amount of skin contact and the heat. “I promise I won’t do anything. I just want to hold you.” Daehyun nuzzled into Youngjae’s shoulder. 

“It’s a hot spring and you want it to be damn hotter?” Youngjae scoffed, rolling his eyes.

“I’m here, babe. It was already hotter the moment I walked into the area.” Daehyun chuckled as Youngjae lightly slapping the other’s shoulder. 

“Your arrogance disgusts me sometimes.” Youngjae chuckled, leaning closer into Daehyun. Finally starting to feel comfortable in the elder’s grasp. The raging hormones slowly dying down into a comfortable loving state. 

“That’s how I feel about your sass, chipmunk,” Daehyun grinned as he pecked kissing across Youngjae’s shoulder and neck. “But I wouldn’t have it any other way.” He placed one final peck on Youngjae’s cheek. Youngjae turning and looking at the other. 

“Me too. I couldn’t imagine being with a Daehyun who wasn’t a .” Youngjae grinned pecking Daehyun on the lips. Daehyun rolled his eyes, letting a scoff and a smile. The two gently pressed their foreheads together. Staring at each other with goofy smiles. Daehyun leaning in and giving Youngjae a peck on the lips, before fully pressing his lips against Youngjae’s. 

The kiss was slow, sensual. Like taking a long sip of wine. Something you treasure until the last drop. Their lips melded together. Daehyun gently caressing the side of Youngjae’s face, his thumb caressing the younger’s temple. Youngjae clinging onto Daehyun’s shoulders as if they were his lifeline. Daehyun Youngjae’s lower lip, nibbling on the soft flesh. Being a polite wolf and asking for permission. Something that usually didn’t happen during their heated make out sessions. Youngjae happily complied and allowed the older to explore every nook and cranny of his mouth. Youngjae’s breathe began to become short and ragged as Daehyun trailed from his mouth to his neck, nibbling onto the sweet flesh. Daehyun’s rough hand slowly fall from Youngjae’s face and onto Youngjae’s upper torso. Youngjae breath was ragged and he could feel heat rush throughout his body, particularly his lower body. 

Youngjae wasn’t the only one either. Daehyun could feel heated desire boil in the bottom of his stomach as Youngjae clung onto him. Youngjae’s warm, needy short breath blowing into his ear, desperately begging Daehyun to touch him. The pleasurable moans that escaped the younger’s mouth at every nip Daehyun made on a particular spot on Youngjae’s neck drew Daehyun mad. Yep, Daehyun was getting a . No denying that. Daehyun rubbed circles on Youngjae’s upper body with his thumb, eliciting a flinch from the other. It wasn’t y, it wasn’t something from pleasure. Daehyun had enough to know that the other was feeling off.   Daehyun quickly and gently pushed the younger away. Youngjae looking at him with the most needy, breathless, expression Daehyun had ever seen on the man. God, he hated how much he loved the younger sometimes. 

“There’s no need to rush, chipmunk,” Daehyun simply nuzzled into Youngjae’s neck, assuring him. “We have plenty time in the world.”

Youngjae looked down guiltily, knowing that the uncomfortableness that peeked out had been caught. The insecurities and fear managing to seep through. He looked up at Daehyun liked a kicked puppy. “But what about you…” Youngjae noting the that he was kinda sitting on. 

“That,” Daehyun gently removed Youngjae from his lap. “Is something I will deal with later,” Daehyun grinned, promising Youngjae that he wasn’t mad. “Let’s head out before we really become prunes.” Daehyun chuckled, removing himself from the water and wincing a bit. Yeah, he needed to take care of his problem soon. 

Youngjae bit his lip in frustration as he followed after Daehyun. He was mad at himself. The last thing he wanted to do was to make it seem as if he didn’t want Daehyun. He obviously wanted Daehyun and have said y man make him feel intense pleasure. But the deep rooted fear still lurked within Youngjae. The abuse. The emotional scars. Feeling as if you were a bin instead of a lover. Soaking up the false sweet words of love as if they were your life line. Youngjae hated it. He hated the person he was. How weak and dependent he was. He hated how affected he was. He hated how ‘that person’ still haunted him now. He wouldn’t allow it. He wouldn’t allow ‘him’ to ruin Youngjae’s happiness. To get in between him and Daehyun. He was gonna have to get past this. One way or another. 


Thank you so much for reading! Comments and feedbacks are most welcomed!

OMG sorry for such the long waiting chapter! I promise that I do think about you guys and try to write as much as I can, but midterms is coming up and well...the kpop fan life is murdering my time and bank at the moment. Buuuut oooo the drama is starting to build. Himchan with his ual insecruites, Zelo with his fears, and Youngjae with his trauma. DUN DUN DUUUUUUN! How will they overcome it!!??? Either way omg y Daejae time! I was feeling all y just writing it but I loved it! Hahah I don't usually write stuff like this sooo please! Feedback would be soo appreciative since I've been taken a breaks in writing I would love for you lovelies to update me on how I'm doing. Thank you my loves~