Paradise Begins for the Wolf and Ugly Duckling

The Not So Ugly Duckling

“Cheers!” The boys clinked their glasses as the sizzling of delicious kalbi filled their ears. The boys chugged their shots of soju and beer, a big grin on their faces. 

“Damn, I wish I was there to see Woojin’s face!” Himchan snickered, taking the tongs and distributing the meat amongst his children. 

“Trust me, it was priceless.” Jongup chuckled, the memory flooding back into his mind as he sipped on his drink a bit more.

“God, it felt sooooo good to stick it to that prick.” Daehyun let out a sigh of relief as if every bone in their body released the hidden tension within each joint. 

“Serves him right. Trying to frame me, hah!” Youngjae scowled at the thought of Woojin, but happily drank down more of his beer.

“Okay, Daehyun, seriously you have to tell us what happened. Like what did that prick do once he found out that his planned crash and burned?” Himchan grinned like a cheshire. Yongguk watched his boyfriend’s devilish expression, a small chuckle escaping his lips. 


“Now that everyone is here…” Mr. Jung growled, noting that Daehyun had arrived late. Woojin had a smug grin on his face that Daehyun would very much like to wipe of with a dirty rag. “We can now begin the meeting.”

“Let’s get this show on the road…” Daehyun grumbled, taking his seat beside his father while Jongup stood in the corner observing the others. 

The guard dog scanned the members, noting their expressions. Who would vote Daehyun. Who would vote against Daehyun. Jongup couldn’t tell. Everyone’s expression was puzzled, confused, and anxious. Even Jongup himself was starting to feel nervous. He unconsciously gripped his hands tight meticulously rubbing the space between his thumb and pointer finger. He glanced at his wristwatch and glared at it. He wondered what in God’s name was taking so long for the FBI to do their actual job. He was teetering between the emotions of vicious frustration and nervous stress. 

“Before we vote whether CEO Jung Daehyun will continue his duties or resign, do you have any final statements?” Mr. Jung eyed Daehyun with cold eyes. Daehyun glared back and stood up from his seat, adjusting his suit jacket and tie. 

“I will keep this short,” Daehyun sighed. “I’ve worked with you all since I was 16 years old. Crawled from the bottom of this company to where I am now. This company and its success are my life. If you believe that I will throw away that life then vote my resignation.” Daehyun sat down, crossing his arms and leaning back against his seat. He watched the crowd, seeing as the members murmured among themselves for a bit. 

“How touching, brother.” Woojin snickered. 

“It’s called having emotions, not like you understand.” Daehyun snarled.

“Enough,” Mr. Jung growled at both his sons, not wanting to have to deal with their immature squabble. “We will now vote. Mr. Moon, please proctor the voting session.” Jongup moved from his corner and stood near a whiteboard that was placed in front of the boardroom. 

“We will now commence the voting.” Jongup eyed Daehyun, reading his friend’s expression. 

In that brief second of eye contact, Jongup apologized to his dear friend. For failing him. For not finding that rat bastard forger sooner. For not dragging that forger’s to the FBI precinct himself. But he didn’t see any disappointment in his friend’s eyes. Instead, the elder just flashed him a small smile and a shrug. What happens happens was what Daehyun repeated in his mind. He needed to convince himself to be nonchalant. To not care, to not give a damn that his life was about to end. But he couldn’t. He knew that in his heart he should be happy with what he had. He had his group of friends that supported him through thick and thin. He had Youngjae. His best friend and beloved. He should be happy with that. Was it wrong that he wanted more? That he wanted to have a successful career that he worked so hard for? 

“Those in favor of Daehyun’s resignation?” Jongup swallowed thickly. Slowly the hands began to rise (except Woojin. The raised his hand immediately) and Jongup reluctantly counted the hands. About half of the members raised their hands. “Those in favor of keeping Daehyun as CEO?” Jongup once again counted the rising hands. About a half. It was a dead tie with only one vote that wasn’t accounted for. 

“Father, you have to vote.” Woojin quietly told his father. The older man’s expression hardened.

“I know.” His eyebrows furrowed. Several thoughts ran through his mind. 

“Mr. Jung. Are voting against or for?” Jongup slowly repeated the words, wary of the answer. 

Mr. Jung opened his mouth for a moment, Daehyun holding his breath for the answer. The moment his life would change was just a few words away.

Bring!

Bing!

Bzzzz!

A sea of cellphones went off, causing all the board members to jump. It seems that all had fell victim to the buzzing of phones, even Mr. Jung himself. Everyone glanced at each other confused as to the sudden commotion. Both Daehyun and Jongup eyed each other before looking down at their cellphones. A large smug as smirk spread across Daehyun’s face as he looked at the brightly colored screen. Mr. JUNG DAEHYUN FOUND INNOCENT OF CHARGES IN LIGHT OF NEW EVIDENCE OF FOUL PLAY. The news title he had been waiting for. 

“What is this?” Mr. Jung furrowed his eyebrows reading through the article. 

“It’s proof that I’m innocent.” Daehyun smirked, leaning back into his chair with his hands behind his back. Though Daehyun was relaxed and probably on cloud 9 at this moment, Jongup wasn’t so happy. The guard dog scanned through the article at least 5 times, but nothing. Nothing pertaining to Woojin's involvement. The bastard must have made contingency plans before Jongup’s threats. 

“Ahem…” Mr. Jung cleared his throat. “In light of this new information, it has seems that CEO Jung had no hand in the incident. In which case there is no longer a reason to dismiss him of his duties. This meeting is adjourned,” Mr. Jung got up from his seat, Daehyun and Woojin following suit. “You were lucky this time, but if such an incident were to occur again. You are done. You understand me? I will not tolerate any shame on the Jung family name.” Mr. Jung quietly growled so that only Daehyun could hear before leaving the conference room. Daehyun snarled at his cold hearted father. It was a reaction Daehyun had expected from his father, but it didn’t sting any less. 

“Good job, brother…” Woojin smiled through grit teeth. Ooooo, now it was time for Daehyun to have his own little fun. 

“Thanks, brother,” Daehyun smirked, placing his hand on Woojin’s shoulder. “ It’s seems that someone’s idea to try to ruin me went up in smoke,” Daehyun chuckled as he noticed Woojin flinched. “Too bad their IQ is sooo low that used a criminal with an even lower IQ to get the job done. Am I right?” Daehyun’s smug as grin grew wider and wider as he saw the aggravation in his usually calm ‘brother’s’ face.

“Of course,” Woojin’s glared, but his lips smiled through gritted teeth. “Now if you’ll excuse me.” He tried to hold back a snarl as he pushed pass Daehyun to exit the conference room. Daehyun immediately began cracking up the moment it was only him and Jongup in the room. 

“Oh man, the look on his face. I would pay a billion dollars just to see it again,” Daehyun wiped away tears of laughter. “Nice job, Gup.” Daehyun lightly punched the other in the shoulder. 

“Anytime.” Jongup smiled, punching the elder back playfully.


“You really should have recorded it.” Yongguk chuckled then soon munched on a piece of meat wrapped in a sesame leaf that Himchan was feeding him. The slightly younger male always chiding him for not eating enough and working too hard had now made it his duty to make sure that Yongguk was well fed. And despite Yongguk tough exterior he would willingly admit that he liked being spoiled. Especially since it was Channie that was spoiling and fussing over him.

“I know, if I’m ever bored I’ll just watch that and laugh my off.” Zelo snickered, chomping down on tons of meat since he was still a growing boy.

“Don’t you already do that with that video of Himchan sleeping with drool-” Zelo quickly covered Jongup’s mouth with his hand, but the damage had already been done. 


“You what!?” The elder hissed.

“Don’t worry too much about it, Channie. You drooling like a troll is sooo adorable.” The sarcasm dripping off Daehyun’s voice was not helping Zelo survive. 

“Yeah, it’s pretty endearing that my loving hyung was making puddles of saliva on his paperwork.” Youngjae teased. Yeah, Youngjae wasn’t helping much either. Truly the Daejae couple was a match made in hell for Himchan and Zelo. 

Himchan at this point had become fuming red, debating whether to strangle the life out of the maknae for showing everyone such an embarrassing video, or kill the idiot couple for teasing him. Either way someone was going to die tonight. By his hands to be precise. He had tried so hard to not seem like a diva freak in front of Yongguk and these idiots just had to keep showing all his weird habits front in center for all to see. Yongguk was such a sweet man that he didn’t mind though and that was one of the many reasons why Himchan loved him, but Himchan minded. He minded so much that Yongguk may secretly minded, when deep in heart Himchan knew he didn’t. His insecurities and that his temper was like a wildfire would lead to one of his dongsaengs to be murdered. It was simply the matter of which one at this point.  

“It’s okay, Channie. I thought you looked cute.” Yongguk grinned at his fuming boyfriend, soothing Himchan’s fury with a peck on the cheek. Himchan’s volcano fury slowly going down to a simmer. 

“Ew, y’all are too cute.” Daehyun cringed, a bit of his accent breaking through. 

Youngjae had noticed it recently. Daehyun was slowly breaking down the shell of a perfect, professional, confident CEO. Now he was able to see more sides of Daehyun. His sweet side. His caring side. His sass. And his Busan boy charm. It was like an endless treasure hunt that Youngjae thoroughly enjoyed. He wanted more. He would fully admit and swear on the holy Bible that he was a greedy little . He wanted to be the one that knew Daehyun the most. Not in the stalkery way of course. Just the stalkery boyfriend way. His past, his pains, his concerns Youngjae wanted to accept all of it. But Daehyun being the secretive he was, never said a word. Never uttered a peep about his past. Youngjae only knew what Daehyun allowed him to know. Which was his family is psycho and needs to take those happy pills for them to calm their . Youngjae knew he should ask for more (the gossipy old asian lady within him needed it), it wasn’t his story to tell. But he wanted to be Daehyun’s pillar of support, his partner.

“Yeah, please get a room before we all choke on your guys’ cuteness.” Youngjae mocked gagged, the Daejae couple chuckling at their own teasing. 

It wasn’t Youngjae that was discovering new things either. Daehyun was adoring all the little quirks and nuances that Youngjae had. From the way Youngjae pouted every time he was deeply contemplating about something. From the little way his eyes would look up at the ceiling and move around as he tried to assess new information. Even the smallest action of biting his lower lip when he was nervous didn’t go unnoticed by Daehyun.  He seemed to have memorized all of them. Daehyun honestly couldn’t understand how he could pay attention to one person for so long and not get tired of it. His past relationships were so brief, so emotionless (except Himchan of course) he barely remembered their faces, let alone their quirks. But Daehyun never seemed bored with his little chipmunk. Youngjae was his perfect partner in crime. He wanted to know more, learn more, love more. He felt himself slowly changing from the man he was months ago. He didn’t know what he would be become, but he knew he would be a better man than what he was today. 

“Uhg, look at who’s talking.” Himchan stuck out his tongue and pointed at the wolf-rabbit and his chipmunk. Youngjae was sweetly leaning his head on Daehyun’s shoulder as the elder was feeding both him and his chipmunk meat. 

“This is an acceptable dose of cute.” Youngjae stuck his tongue out at Himchan then happily ate a piece of brisket with rice from Daehyun.

“No, both of you are excessive,” Zelo rolled his eyes, plopping meat into his own mouth. “I wish the old Himchan and Youngjae were back so I don’t have to witness all of this.” Zelo flailed his arms in the direction of the two sickenly sweet couples. 

“Aww, don’t be jealous, baby.” Himchan snickered.

“Yeah, you could have it too if you wanted.” Youngjae raised his brows suggestively, eyeing Jongup. 

Zelo became as red as a cherry tomato, trying to form coherent words that all came out like a bubbling mess. “Did you want me to feed you to?” Jongup raised a brow at Zelo, sticking out chopsticks full of meat in front of the boy. 

“N-no!” Zelo blurted, too embarassed to admit that he did.

“I guess the kid doesn’t want it, Guppie, so you can just hand it over to me-”

“N-No!” Zelo blurted out again. Now the guard dog was truly confused.

“So you do want me to feed you?” Jongup looked at Zelo again, a questionable brow raised.

“N-No!” Zelo really wanted to strangle himself. When the hell did his vocabulary break down to just the word ‘No.’ He couldn’t help that Jongup made him into a blubbering mess, but he should at least be able to speak like a proper human being instead of a whining child. 

“Jongup, just put Zelo out of his misery and feed him.” Yongguk sighed, a sympathetic smile on his face as he looked at Zelo. 

“Fine by me,” Jongup shrugged, inching the chopsticks closer to Zelo’s mouth. “Come on, Junhong. I even cooled it down for you.” Zelo practically melted at the sound of his real name falling off Jongup’s lips. He didn’t tell anyone what his real name was not even Himchan or Youngjae. Only Jongup knew cause well...that was a story for another time. 

-Meanwhile as Zelo reluctantly not so reluctantly ate the meat Jongup fed him-

“Who the hell is Junhong?” Youngjae whispered to Himchan.

“I don’t know, do I look like a freaking detective to you?” Himchan rolled his eyes. “I didn’t know my baby had an alias. Did you freaking hire a spy or something Daehyun?” 

“No,” Daehyun snorted. “And if I did I would make him wear a black leather suit all day so I could stare at his fine a-Ow!” Daehyun looked down at Youngjae wide eyed at the sudden punch in the arm. The younger shot him a dirty glare with an obvious scowl on his face, daring Daehyun to finish his sentence. “-apples….yeah….” Youngjae smiled in victory. 

“It’s a long story, Channie. Maybe Zelo will tell you some other time.” Yongguk smiled, gently caressing the side of HImchan’s face. 

“You know too!” Himchan stared at Yongguk incredulously. 

“Only what Jongup has allowed us to know. Since Daehyun is kinda a blabbermouth so Jongup needed to give him a reason to shut him up.” Yongguk chuckled.

“Thanks hyung,” Daehyun rolled his eyes. “Anyways!” Daehyun suddenly bursted, causing everyone to jump a bit.

“God, you and your loud voice scared the off of me.” Himchan placed his hand on his still rapidly beating heart. 

“Oooo, are they the leopard print ones?” Daehyun wiggled his brows. 

“They’re actually the none of your f**king business ones.” Himchan flashed him a polite smile.

“They’re purple.” Everyone froze at the Yongguk’s words. Especially Himchan. Yongguk hadn’t touched him (though Himchan was almost/basically throwing himself at the man) so how in Holy Himchan’s facial products name did he know Himchan’s undies. 

“So hyung you finally got laid.” Daehyun chuckled, giving a little whoot for his friend.

“No. I just happened to see them stick out when he was bending down to pick up fallen chopsticks.” Yongguk nonchalantly sipped his beer, his arm around Himchan’s shoulder.

“Hyung, you just admitted to checking out Himchan’s .” Zelo deadpanned. Not wanting ever to know the lives or ual urges mumbo jumbo of his hyungs. He would have to clean his ears and eyes with holy water to rid of the memory. 

“Yes. Why can’t I look at my boyfriend’s pretty ?” Yongguk raised a brow while Himchan’s cheeks burned a fiery red. Yongguk just called his pretty and he was dying. DYING. 

“Okay, before this leads to a tangent about Himchan’s . Which I really don’t want to talk about. What were you saying Daehyun?” Youngjae redirected the conversation. Really not wanting to talk about Himchan’s . He’s seen enough of it back in college when the two shared an apartment for a brief while. Himchan had a habit of just walking out of the bathroom after a shower. 

“Thanks, chipmunk,” He gave Youngjae an eskimo kiss. “What I was saying was that we should go on a vacation. After these hellish months I really need some TLC.”

“Don’t you get that from Youngjae?” Himchan raised a brow. 

“Yes, but I’m a greedy . Sue me,” Daehyun shrugged. “Let’s go on a trip. Like the week after next week.” Daehyun smiled eagerly.

“Give me a moment,” Yongguk grabbed his phone from his pocket, checking through his calendar. “Yeah, it should be fine. I don’t have anything dire scheduled that I can’t rearrange.”

“Oooooo, where are we going?” Zelo was bouncing up and down, equally excited for a vacation.

“Hmmm, I was thinking about Japan, I could use a soak in the hot springs.” Daehyun smirked as he noticed all eyes at the table gleamed. Everyone loved the idea. Especially Youngjae. Daehyun distinctly remembered seeing Youngjae watching a video about cute mountain monkeys relaxing in the natural hot springs and how Youngjae cooed at how cute they were. Daehyun had to agree that the little buggers were cute. Them and their little red asses. But of course Youngjae was the cutest. Youngjae let out a relaxed sigh wishing that he could be at a hotsprings. Which Daehyun happily obliged to hence Japan. 

“I can’t wait!” Even Jongup was getting pumped. He loved Japan and had always wanted to visit there for pleasure since the only times he’s been there was for business. 

“Jongup hyung, we have to visit the Pokemon center that they have there!” Zelo squealed already making plans on what to do. 

“Of course! And then we’ll hit all the shops in Akihabara!” Jongup flashed a toothy grin. The two pups speaking at rapid fire.

“Awww, they’re soooo cute,” Himchan cooed, pulling out his phone to take pictures. “Is there anything you want to do while we’re over their, Guk?”

“Hmmm, there has been this bar I wanted to check out. They’re one of the only shops that sell this brand Yamazaki. I heard it’s amazing,” Yongguk had this gleam of anticipation in his eyes. “And of course I want to spend every waking moment with you.”

“You cheeseball.” Himchan playfully punched Yongguk, but smiled nonetheless. 

“Everyone seems excited.” Youngjae chuckled, watching everyone plan so rapidly yet thoroughly that he didn’t understand how that could be possible. 

“And you’re not?’ Daehyun smirked and quirked a brow.

“You , you know I am,” Youngjae pinched Daehyun’s nose. “I can’t wait to relax in the hotsprings and go to Nara to play with cute little deer. How about you?”

“I can’t wait to see you in a yukata,” Daehyun nuzzled into Youngjae’s hair. “And out of yukata.” He whispered just so that it could only reach the chipmunk’s ear. 

“Does your mind ever get out of the gutter, you ert.” Youngjae lightly punched Daehyun, his cheeks red.

“No, it lives there. Didn’t you hear it was the 5th ninja turtle?” Daehyun chuckled.

“Right, and I’m freaking Shredder.” Youngjae rolled his eyes. 

“When you haven’t had your morning coffee you are.” Daehyun received a stream of light punches from the other. 

“You’re such an ! Why do I even love you?” Youngjae let out an exasperated sigh. 

“Cause you love my fine y .” Daehyun wiggled his brows. Well, he wasn’t entirely wrong. 



“I’ll see you guys later. Are we taking my plane or yours?” Yongguk called out, dragging a slightly intoxicated Himchan towards his car.

“Whichever. Whoever has a larger tank if gas?” Daehyun shrugged.

“You rich people and your private planes.” Himchan grumbled, feeling a migraine ensuing. 

“Would you rather share a plane with strangers, Channie?” Yongguk chuckled as his boyfriend’s lips pursed in contemplation. 

“F**k no.” Himchan flashed Yongguk a toothy grin. Yep the alcohol was getting to him.

“So we’ll see you all next week!” Yongguk waved, a bubbly gummy grin on his lips.

“Are you heading out too, Guppie?” Daehyun smirked seeing as how the guard dog was staying by the pup’s side.

“Yeah, I’ll walk Zelo home first then I’ll catch a taxi.” Jongup gripped onto Zelo’s arm lightly. Zelo slightly blushing at Jongup’s touch.

“You don’t have to take a taxi, Gup, I can always-”

“You’ll probably be too busy,” Jongup smirked, nodding his head towards Youngjae. Youngjae’s eyes grew wide for a moment, a blush on his cheeks. “Let’s go, Junhong.” Zelo was a slight blubbering mess as Jongup led the way.

“So now that we’re alone…” Daehyun flashed Youngjae his playful smirk, his arms wrapped around the younger’s waist. 

“Hmmm, what are you planning Jung Daehyun?” Youngjae chuckled, wrapping his arms around Daehyun’s neck.

“I’m planning,” Daehyun leaned in, his warm breath ghosting across Youngjae’s skin. Youngjae could feel his heart racing. He could practically feel it pop out of his chest and do the samba. Was this going to be the night? Was he ready? Mentally? Physically? And knowing Daehyun’s libido he might not survive this! “To take you home.”

“Hah!?” Youngjae’s mouth was agape, his eyebrows furrowed in utter confusion. He looked like the red angry bird. Daehyun bursted out into laughter, clutching his stomach. 

“Were you expecting something else chipmunk?” Daehyun quirked a brow, a smug as grin pasted on his face.

“N-no! It’s just shocking that your didn’t say something disgusting.” Youngjae scowled, but the bright pink of his cheeks gave way to his true thoughts.

“First of all, I’m a top not a bottom so to be more accurate. It’s ,” Daehyun said matter of factly, Youngjae replied by rolling his eyes. “Secondly, as much as I would love to just be near you, I have a lot of work to catch up on and your cute little face would be too distracting.” Daehyun leaned down and placed a peck on the younger’s nose. 

“So for the next week I won’t be seeing Mr. Jung Daehyun?” Youngjae raised a playful brow.

“Why? Are you going to miss me chipmunk?” Daehyun smirked, leaning down to rest his forehead against Youngjae’s. 

“Nope, I’m just making sure that I get a week off from a clingy wolf.” Youngjae chuckled, pinching the other’s nose as Daehyun pouted.  
“Ouch. Chipmunk. Ouch.” Daehyun pouted further. 

“Just kidding. I’m gonna miss seeing your ugly mug.” Youngjae snickered as now the pouty Dae became an appalled Dae.

“How could you, chipmunk? That is the most offensive thing anyone has said to me,” Daehyun shed crocodile tears. “I think you have to make it up to me to mend my damaged heart.”

“Like what?” Youngjae quirked a mischievous brow.

“Like this.” Daehyun swiftly captured the younger’s lips. A grin growing on both of their faces. This was truly like a fairytale. They thwarted the bad guy’s plans. Saved prince charming. And now sharing a sweet, bubbly, soft fairytale kiss. It was a moment that Youngjae only dreamt about when he was younger. He honestly thought after his last failed relationship he would never find “love” ever again. yeah, but love? He had thrown that thought down the toilet and burned the the toilet. But somehow the most unlikely person had saved his hope. A wolf of all things.

The two men parted, looking into each other’s eyes lovingly. A goofy grin on each of their faces. Youngjae was looking up at the man who gave him the hope to possibly love again. To believe in a loving relationship. Someone who fought for him even though he hurt him so dearly. Youngjae really contemplated where he would find another man like Jung Daehyun. Youngjae pulled Daehyun closer to him, burying his head in the crook of Daehyun’s neck.

“Let’s take you home.” Daehyun whispered, placing a chaste kiss on Youngjae’s head


”Hair products?” Himchan stared at his suitcase, boring holes into the luggage.

“Check.”

“Skin Products?”

“Check.”

“Medicine just in case someone gets the stomach flu and di-”

“Breathe, Channie,” Yongguk chuckled, removing himself from the spot on Himchan’s couch and wrapping his arms around his panicky love. “You have everything. No need to stress. This is suppose to be a vacation remember?”

“I know…” Himchan grumbled, releasing a sigh.

“But?” Yongguk quirked a brow, knowing there was always a follow-up with Kim Himchan.

“Buuuut, I just want everything to be perfect. It's the first ever vacation I will have with you…” Himchan mumbled.

“Honestly Channie, we could go to the local junkyard and it will still be perfect,” Yongguk rested his chin on Himchan’s shoulder, swaying together slowly. “As long as I have my friends, family, and you, everything else is honestly irrelevant.” 

“Oh God, you’re such a cheeseball!” Himchan chuckled, lightly slapping Yongguk with the back of his hand.

“The highest grade cheeseball.” Yongguk grinned, causing both men to burst into laughter.

“Okay highest grade cheeseball, have you packed yet?” Himchan quirked a brow. From the immediate stiffness that jolted through Yongguk’s body, Himchan knew the answer. Yongguk knew that Himchan knew as well. Hence him quickly releasing his boyfriend to hide in Himchan’s bathroom. “Bang Yongguk!!”



“Aiiish!” Zelo groaned, rolling around on his dorm floor in frustration. He let out a huff as he sat upright and looked at the chaos surrounding him. Clothes sprawled across the floor, shampoos, deodorant, and skateboard gear. He was just glad that his roommate was walking their dog Mochi and not witnessing this mess. 

Knock!
Knock!

Zelo jumped a bit at the sudden noise. Did his roommate forget his key? He sprawled off the floor and opened the apartment door. He was greeted by an unexpected face. Unexpected, but happily adored. A toothy grin spread across Zelo’s face, his heart beating a mile a minute. His inner Junhong giving him a pep talk to keep his cool and not make a fool of himself. But it was quite hard with such a handsome, attractive face looking up at him.

“Hey Junhong,” Jongup grinned, tilting his head slightly and happened upon the pig stye which was Zelo’s living room. Zelo could feel his cheeks heat up from the embarrassment. He was suppose to portray himself as a calm, collective adult. Not a messy child that can’t even pack his own things. “Busy?” 

“Uhhh, yeah…” Zelo awkwardly chuckled, rubbing the back of his head. 

“Need help?” Jongup chuckled, quirking a brow. 

“Pleeeaaasseee,” Zelo practically begged, causing Jongup to laugh as he entered the room and placed his shoes at the front door. “I thought I had everything under control but…”

“It wasn’t?” Jongup plopped himself beside the suitcase. 

“Bingo,” Zelo forlornly chuckled besides plopping down beside Jongup. “Do you have everything packed?”

“Pretty much, since I didn’t have to pack for Daehyun this time,” Jongup shrugged, grabbing one of Zelo’s hoodies and began folding it. “Looks like Youngjae’s taking over my job.” Jongup chuckled.

“They’re cute,” Zelo smiled. “Disgustingly cute.”

Jongup snorted, a playful grin on his lips. “You’re lucky you’re not surrounded by them nearly 24 hours. I’m surprised I haven’t gagged on sugar yet.”

“Haha you’ll have to get used to all the sugary sweet or else you’ll be too cold to your future girlfriend.” Zelo chuckled, a hint of sadness embedded in his voice. He wanted to test the waters see if him and Jongup were on the same….page, as he would put it. The only risk was that the answer would not be in Zelo’s favor.

“No thanks. Not my style,” Zelo furrowed his brows at Jongup’s answer, no clue whether ot meant the type of relationship or girls. He was hoping it was girls. “What about you?”

“Oh me…” Zelo bit his lip, not expecting to have the question thrown right back at him. “Sugary sweet isn’t my style either.” The lie coated his tongue. He didn’t mind sugary sweet relationships. As long as it was with Jongup. 

“Well then it looks like you and I make the perfect pair.” Jongup grinned, gently nudging the taller pup.

Zelo’s eyes went wide, his cheeks heated to a temperature he could only explain in blubbers and stutters. His heart felt as if it was a racehorse on steroids. How he hoped and prayed that Jongup had meant what Zelo hoped he meant. The thought of the elder even having an inkling of feelings towards him sent him to cloud nine. Okay, he lied. It would send him to cloud 2000. But Zelo could only hope. Dream. His pessimistic thoughts leaking into his mind, drowning him in denial. That Jongup only meant it as a friendly term. That Zelo would forever be stuck in this unrequited love. That he should simply abandon the thought and try to move on? But how could he when he felt so smitten? He had never felt this attached to a person in his entire life. Jongup wasn’t just someone he loved. He was a best friend, an irreplaceable part of his life. 

“Cute.” Jongup pinched Zelo’s strawberry cheeks. 

“I’m not cute.” Zelo pouted, crossing his arms and letting out a huff. 

“Okay, you’re not cute,” Jongup grinned, squishing the giant maknae’s cheeks together to make his lips puff out. “You’re a fish. A cute carp fish.” 

Zelo gently bonked his forhead against Jongup’s out of retaliation. Jongup didn’t move and instead the two simply laughed with their foreheads pressed together. Though Zelo felt that deep in his heart that he had no chance with Jongup and he feared that if he did confess he would destroy this beautiful relationship the two had, he could hope right? Hope that him and Jongup could be more than this.


”Do we have everything on the list?” Youngjae glanced down at the scrap of paper he had in his hand. 

“Do we really need all this stuff?” Daehyun groaned, lugging bags of what Youngjae called travelling supplies. The two boys walking down the sidewalk of the shopping district. 

“Yes! We have to be prepared.” Youngjae noted matter of factly. Of course Youngjae was overly prepared. Buying packs of travel toothpaste, soaps, shampoos, toothbrushes. He practically bought out the entire store.

“I can see that Himchan’s mom tendencies have been passed on to you.” Daehyun rolled his eyes at Youngjae’s ridiculousness.

“And that’s a problem because?” Youngjae quirked a brow, daring Daehyun to cross him.

“It’s not, it just means our future mini Dae and Jae will have a very prepared mother.” Daehyun snickered.

“You’re talking nonsense again. Have you been huffing up the agarose in the lab?” Youngjae’s cheeks grew slightly pink. He hadn’t even thought about marriage, let alone kids. 

“I’m serious, chipmunk. I would love to have mini Daejae running around.” Daehyun grinned, 100% sincerity in his voice. 

“To wreck havoc on Himchan and Jongup?”

“Exactly.” 

“Okay I’m in.” Youngjae and Daehyun bursted out into laughter at their mischief.

“See chipmunk, I told you we make great partners in crime. You’re the Harley to my Joker.” Daehyun grinned, trying to stretch his smile as much as he can to mimic the Joker.

“Fine by me as long as you don’t abuse me. Cause I swear I’ll rip you a new one if you even think about it.” Youngjae flashed Daehyun an angelic smile, sending a slight chill down his spine. Sometimes the younger was just downright terrifying. 

“I wouldn’t dare. I like just having one butthole thank you.” Daehyun chuckled,pecking Youngjae on the lips.

“D-Daehyun.” Youngjae growled, gently smacking Daehyun on the chest.

“What?” Daehyun grinned.

“What if someone sees?” Youngjae eyed his surroundings. It was a weekend so that equalled crowds of hoomans. It wasn’t that Youngjae cared about PDA. If he could he would flaunt his relationship with Daehyun all the time. The only issue was that Woojin was trying any means necessary to ruin Daehyun. A gay scandal would do just the trick.

“You didn’t care other times.” Daehyun looked at his chipmunk confused. When did his feisty chipmunk ever care about what others thought of him?

“That’s because it was usually in front of Himchan and co. Or with not many people around,” Youngjae sighed, rubbing his forehead. “You just got out of a scandal and we’re heading out on vacation this monday...I just don’t want any unpleasant surprises when we get back.” 

“Hey, hey,” Daehyun tilted Youngjae’s head so that the younger was now facing him. “No matter what happens, you and me, thats never going to end go that?”

“I know that, idiot,” Youngjae lightly punched Daehyun. “I just don’t like seeing you hurt.”

“Well if that's the case,” Daehyun flashed a toothy sunshine grin. “My back is starting to hurt from carrying all of this so if you would kindly-”

“Actually I changed my mind. No pain, no gain right?” Youngjae giggled, running off

“Yah!! Yoo Youngjae!!”


Thanks for reading! Comments, feedback, critiques are much appreciated!

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN SO LONG! The truth is I am studying abroad in Korea right now and I've been just so overwhelemed by everything that I haven't had the chance to actually sit down and write so once again I am so sorry for the long wait XL Hehehe it will be a while till the story is over cause Woojin is still on the loose! Hehehe but for now enjoy the sweet bliss of cuteness teehee!

Also Q&A will still be going on through out the chapters so send questions away at the characters! Remember though one question per comment please :D


Q&A

Animex: Do you think your ex is coming back into the picture again or are we gonna read about the history between you two sometime?

Youngjae: I honestly hope to God that my ex is out of the picture for good. (The rat bastard...) But knowing authorinim *side glares* I'm sure she'll make him pop into my life again to stir up some trouble.

Daehyun: Awww, don't worry chipmunk. I'll protect you *pinches cheeks*

Youngjae: Aish, stoooop! *Pouts*

appcaramel: kiddo, please cover your eyes from reading this question. ahem. when will you let Daehyun.. ahem.. take you on the bed?

Youngjae: *blushes profusely* Uh...um well I haven't thought about it. I'm not opposed to it, but Daehyun hasn't tried to do anything and well....I don't want to push it and well...*buries face in hands*

Daehyun: Oh don't worry appcaramel, it will come in due time *winks*

baby_hana: who do you think more handsome and masculine Daehyun, Jongup or Woojin? 

Youngjae: Hmmm, I'd say Jongup is the most masculine and sometimes really y. Those sharp features...damn....

Daehyun: AHEM!

Youngjae: But Daehyun of course is always y, but also very cute. He's like the definition of handsome. And Woojin...he's a son of a flying monkey .

Daehyun: That's my chipmunk. 

yukari92starz: there any angst more coming next?

Youngjae: Knowing authornim? Heck to the yeah.

GumdropAhjumma: Daehyun said Himchan is a masochist. Yongguk, has Himchan asked you to hurt him in the bedroom before? Did you comply and dominate him with ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) don't be shy.

Yongguk: Um...we haven't reached that stage in the relationship yet. We're trying to take things slow. I really want Himchan to know he's loved and appreciated and I don't really want to rush things...and as for the later part...If Himchan wants me to dominate him. Well I am to please. (Also I've seen some of the....toys he stores when I was helping him pack. Definitely some stuff I want to try out.)

noctis_aeternus: what would you do if someone took Youngjae away from you?

Daehyun: Kill them.

Youngjae: Daehyun, you'll get arrested!

Daehyun: Castrate them.

Youngjae: T__T.....I have no words....

BAPMatoplanet: how do you tame that wolf anyways? XD

Youngjae: With a spray bottle and some cookies. 

Daehyun: It's true. I'm gaining weight because of him.

kissmeCherry:  WHY DID YOU LET YOUNGJAE OWNING A DIARHEA COLOUR SWEATER IN THE FIRST PLACE?! OH MY GOD *gasp* *side glance Himchan* 

Himchan: I have no clue, I swear to Jesus and Joanne Rivers that I purged his closet.....That little punk probably hid some of his clothes away from me *grumbles*

Hanayumi015:  What's the most precious thing about Youngjae~?

Daehyun: How can I choose? From his button nose, to his doe eyes, to the way his cheeks puff out when he smiles, and his cute giggle, and the way he jumps up and down when he's hyper, and when he's *goes off listing everything he could think of*

Jongup: Sigh...this may take a while. 

darkerblack: Himchan are u willing to sacrifice Yongguk or your beauty?

Himchan:......Um...

Yongguk: Himchan......

Himchan: My beauty of course...hehehe

Yongguk: What's with the awkward laughter? *Raises brow*

Himchan: D-don't worry about it babe....hehehehe