The Cornered Chipmunk

The Not So Ugly Duckling

“Thanks for driving me to work, hyung.” Zelo flashed Youngjae a forlorn smile as he pressed his cheek against the cold glass of the car window. 

“It’s no problem, Zelo.” Youngjae forced a smile on his lips, but deep down a flurry of worry filled his stomach. His eyes should have been on the road, but instead they kept side-eyeing the broken pup. 

The plane ride back home was utterly silent. The awkward atmosphere seeping from the guard dog and giant pup could silence a crowded baseball stadium. Yongguk and Daehyun simply looked at each confused, not understanding how tender the situation was. They opted to just silently drink their glass of scotch, they would talk to Jongup later. Himchan and Youngjae on the other had, just kept eyeing the younger. The usual cheeky pup was now huddled up against Himchan, hugging the elder’s arm tight while his long legs were rested on top of Youngjae’s lap. Himchan and Youngjae looking up at each other with forlorn looks, knowing exactly what outcome must have occured to have caused this to occur. 

“God, I’m glad that Yongguk finally got some but, uuuhhhhhhgggg…” Daehyun’s grumbles were muffled by the pillow as he kicked his legs up and down like a kid throwing a tantrum.

“I did not think the walls were that thin…” Youngjae sat up, bags under his eyes since a certain hyung’s screams of pleasure kept him awake. 

“I had to like 5 times in the bathroom!” Daehyun whined, looking up at Youngjae with puppy eyes. 

“That’s disgusting, Dae...you do realize that’s Himchan and Yongguk….” Youngjae shivered. “That’s like hearing your parents having .”

“I’m a ual deviant, sue me.” Daehyun rolled his eyes before going back to burying his face in his pillow. 

“What am I gonna do with you?” Youngjae scoffed, reaching out to grab his yukata that was haphazardly thrown off to the side. 

“Stay walking around in your underwear so I can get a fine look at your .” Daehyun smirked, only winning him a pillow smack to the face. 

“What happened to my sweet Daehyun from last night.” Youngjae quirked a brow. 

“Um...he got and is lacking proper sleep so….” Daehyun just flashed a stupidly cute grin, causing Youngjae to have butterflies in his stomach. The elder wasn’t playing fair. 

“Well then, you horndog, let’s get you some food to bring you back to normal.” Youngjae scoffed, tossing Daehyun his own yukata as Youngjae wrapped his around his frame. 

“Are you sure you don’t prefer me walking around like this?” Daehyun stood up, arms wide to reveal all his half- glory. And in all honestly, Youngjae wouldn’t mind Daehyun staying like that the entire day. But this image was for Youngjae’s eyes only. 

“I’m sure the maids would love it,” Youngjae scoffed, before tying the waistband tight. “Now put clothes on or else I’ll find myself another breakfast date. I’m sure if I just lower this slit a bit and show some leg that-”

“I got it. I got it,” Daehyun let out a defeated groan as he scratched the back of his head. “You really know how to push my buttons don’t you.” Daehyun adjusted his yukata so that he would look proper. 


“Aww, you’re learning,” Youngjae playfully patted Daehyun’s cheek, in which the elder retaliated by attempting to bite Youngjae’s hand. “Come on, let’s hurry before Himchan and Yon- Zelo!?” Youngjae and Daehyun stopped right in their tracks when they opened their door to see a huddled Zelo beside it. 

“Hyung…” Zelo looked up at the elders, his eyes puffy and red. 

“Zelo, what are you doing out here?” Youngjae’s eyes softened, squatting down so that he was at least eye level with the pup. “Why didn’t you go to sleep in your room?”

“I didn’t want to go back….” Zelo murmured, burying his face in his arms. “I tried to going to Himchan’s room, but…” Youngjae immediately understood, and began rubbing soothing circles on the younger’s back. 

“Is everything okay, Zelo? What happened to Jongup?” Daehyun bent down beside Youngjae, not completely understanding what was going on except that the younger was upset. Who the hell would bully the giant puppy?

“I don’t know…” Zelo murmured again.

“What is the rucus? I’m trying to get some beauty-” Himchan whined as he opened his door, shining with morning after glow. His yukata haphazardly put on. “Zelo!? What are you doing out here, baby!?” Himchan immediately rushed to the puppy’s side. Well as rushed as he could without limping and wincing.

“Channie, what is going-Huh!? Zelo, are you okay?” Yongguk had his eyes wide as he watched as Himchan and Youngjae were coddling the younger. 

“Where is Jongup…” Himchan gently whispered, but all Zelo did was shake his head, not wanting to answer. “I’m gonna kill that damn guard dog.” Himchan growled. 

“Breathe Channie, there is probably a good reason Jongup wasn’t with Zelo…” Yongguk attempted to soothe the seething Himchan. 

“He better! How could he leave Zelo in such a state!” Himchan growled as he held Zelo closer. 

“He’s not picking up his phone…” Daehyun frowned. Jongup always picked up the phone. He distinctly remembers the younger even picking up Daehyun’s phone call while he was on the damn toilet during their last business trip. 

“Can we just go home? I just want to go back…” Zelo pleaded, in which Youngjae and Himchan readily agreed. 

“We can never be the same can we, hyung…” Youngjae jumped at Zelo’s sudden words as they entered the parking lot. The pup had been quiet the entire time till then.

“It will take time, Zelo…” Youngjae parked the car, turning in his seat so that he could face the younger. “It will hurt and a lot of patience, but you two will both get over it.”

“I don’t want to get over him, hyung….I mean I do, but I don’t…” Zelo began to vigorously rub his eyes, not wanting anymore tears to fall from his eyes. “I want things to be the same, but I know I can’t handle going back. I can’t just- I don’t know what to do! ” 

“You know what you can do?” Youngjae flashed Zelo a sympathetic smile. “Take a deep breathe and then fight through this. You’re stronger than you think, Zelo. You may think that right now all is lost that Jongup and you will never be friends again, but you will. It may hurt at first to be near each other, but everything will be okay.” Youngjae smiled and Zelo flashed a small grin at his hyung’s supportive words. 

“Thanks hyung…” Zelo snuggled into Youngjae’s shoulder. Youngjae and Himchan both used to the younger’s sudden need for affection the past few days since their return. 

“And trust me, if Jongup ever makes you cry again, I’m pretty sure Himchan will cut off his balls.” Zelo couldn’t help, but let out a spurt of laughter, knowing that Himchan would probably do it. The now silent car was filled with boisterous laughter. 


“How’s the pup doing?” Daehyun looked up from his cup of coffee to eye Youngjae who was sitting across from him on his plush office couch. 

“He’s getting better. Himchan is making sure Zelo isn’t doing anything too crazy just in case he injures himself or burns the lab down,” Youngjae sighed slightly, placing down his sandwich. “How’s Jongup?”

“He’s more silent than usual…He’s like a walking zombie...” Daehyun rubbed his temples. “He gave me the wrong contracts to sign and even walked into a wall. I even slapped his and he kept going on about his day as if nothing happened. ,” Youngjae frowned and pinched Daehyun’s nose. “Ack! Why?!”

“You didn’t need to slap his ,” Youngjae rolled his eyes. “God what are we gonna do with the two of them?” Youngjae groaned throwing his head back so that he was staring at Daehyun’s pristine silver gray office ceiling. 

“Can you please explain to me what caused these two to act so weird? One minute they're like two puppies running through a field of flowers, and now they are avoiding each other like the plague.” Daehyun stabbed his fork in his pasta and shoving some in his mouth. 

“Zelo confessed to Jongup.” Youngjae muttered still staring at the ceiling. 

“Well it was about time.” Daehyun chuckled.

“Jongup rejected him and then family-zoned him…” Youngjae sighed, lifting his head up to see Daehyun now grow awkwardly silent. 

“Oh…” Daehyun placed his fork down, scratching the back of his head. 

“I just don’t understand...It’s obvious that Jongup likes Zelo!” Youngjae threw his hands in the air, frustrated. “It’s definitely isn’t like family either! Why would he reject Zelo when he likes Zelo!? Is the guy a sadist or something!” 

“It’s not like that, Jae…” Daehyun sighed, running his fingers through his hair. “The last thing Jongup would want to do is hurt Zelo.”

“Well he did!” Youngjae pouted, crossing his arms. “Like if he was cold or indifferent to Zelo. Or I don’t know show a hint of not liking Zelo, fine. I accept it. You can’t force anyone to like anyone. But he practically egged Zelo on! Pulling him on damn leash!”

“It’s more complicated than that, chipmunk…” Daehyun attempted to stay calm, noting that Youngjae was beginning to get riled up. 

“Than explain to me, Daehyun, because you’re saying the exact thing Yongguk said to Himchan.” Youngjae frowned. 

“UHG stuuuppppiiiddd Bang Yongguk!” Himchan growled, slamming down on his swivel chair, crossing his arms.

“You don’t sound too happy for someone who finally got to have with the Bang Yongguk.” Youngjae teased and received a sharp glare from Hichan. 


“I’m too damn upset to be happy about great ,” Himchan growled. “I was ranting to Yongguk about how could Jongup treat Zelo the way he did and you know what that old gramps said?”

“No, please enlighten me.” Youngjae scooted his chair closer. 

“He said ‘it’s complicated,’ ‘Jongup didn’t mean to hurt Zelo,’ ‘He has his reason.’” Himchan imitated Yongguk’s voice then sneered. “What reasons huh? It better be a damn good reason for leading on my baby only to er punch him in the heart.”

“It’s my fault…” Daehyun sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. “Jongup...he has a lot on his plate and it’s my fault. It’s the whole damn Jung family curse.”

“What are you talking about, Daehyun?” Youngjae stared at Daehyun utterly confused. Was there some ancient curse placed on the Jung family that he should know about? He wasn’t a believer of the supernatural and all, but still better safe than sorry. He didn’t need no Chucky or Pennywise in his life. 

“I can’t give you the full details cause it’s not just my story to tell…” Daehyun took another sip of his coffee. “It’s just...Jongup wasn’t always the guard dog you guys see him as...things got complicated between him and his father and me being the wild child I was didn’t help with the situation…” Daehyun shook his head in dismay. “Anyways, things happened and Jongup feels as if he failed his father and that he shouldn’t be allowed such luxuries as relationships…” 

“Is that why he dedicates almost his entire time to taking care of Jung Corp.?” Though Youngjae didn’t have the entire truth, he had enough piece to kinda understand where Jongup was coming from. 


“Yes, and there are other reasons for that...but again, it’s not my story to tell even though I’m one of the key players…” Daehyun flashed Youngjae a sympathetic smile. “I’m sorry I can’t tell you more, chipmunk. I know you really care about Zelo and are worried about him…”

“It’s okay, Dae…” Youngjae leaned across the table and placed a small kiss on Daehyun’s cheek. “Jongup is practically a brother to you, it’s understandable that you want to protect him as much as you can,” Youngjae smiled at the elder. “It’s quite admirable actually.”

“Thanks, it’s one of my redeeming features.” Daehyun flashed a coy little grin, causing Youngjae to roll his eyes. 

“I just don’t want the two of them to be upset anymore.” Youngjae sighed, pouting a bit.

“You’re telling me. If Jongup brings me a cup of damn soup instead of coffee again I might have a mental breakdown.” Daehyun groaned, glancing at the cups of soup that littered his desk.

“At least I know I don’t have to worry about making you soup when you’re sick.” Youngjae chuckled. 

“Naw, I still like your saltwater better.” Daehyun teased then chuckled. Youngjae took his revenge by pinching the elder’s nose. 


Zelo mindlessly wandered the freshly cleaned halls of Jung Corp. Well not completely mindless. He had to go pick up some papers for Himchan from the material chemistry department. Zelo let out a sigh. He had been doing that a lot lately and Youngjae warned the younger that he was gonna get wrinkles that way. Not that Zelo really cared, he had the skin of a damn baby. Zelo furrowed his brows. Maybe that’s why Jongup saw him as a younger brother…Zelo shook his head. That was stupid. He was being stupid. He simply need to forget about the elder. Just forget his angelic smile, his stupidly cute obsession with Nesquik, his well trained muscl-

“I’m so sorry!” Zelo flailed, holding the shoulders of the person he just bumped into. With his staggering height he found that he had a terrible habit of knocking people over. 

“It’s fin-” The words caught in Jongup’s throat when he realized who he bumped into. “Hi, Zelo…”

“Oh! Uh...hi...Secretary Moon…” Jongup winced at Zelo’s words. That hurt. A lot. More than the guard dog had expected. He thought that at least after the ‘incident’ the two could be at least be friends. He should have known better though. The moment Zelo couldn’t even look him in the eye on the plane, the moment Himchan sent him death glares, and Youngjae saddened yet sympathetic looks. 

“Zelo…” Jongup wanted to follow up with something. Literally anything. But he couldn’t, his mind was completely blank. The guard dog usually had no issues getting out of sticky situations...after all he had to deal with Daehyun and all his shenanigans. This, however, this was a whole different ball game. 

“Um, I have to go get something for Himchan-hyung so if you’ll excuse me…” Zelo tried to sidestep past Jongup, only to have his wrist quickly grabbed. The younger staring at the guard dog with wide eyes. 

“Junhong…” Jongup voice was practically pleading for him to stay, his eyes couldn’t face the younger however. Zelo chewed his lower lip. A part of him wanted to rip his hand away and run, knowing the longer he stayed the more his heart would hurt. The other part of him wanted to stay, hear Jongup’s voice. Something he hadn’t done for the past few days. And he missed it. “I’m sorry.” Those weren’t the words Zelo wanted to hear.

“I’m sorry too.” Zelo frowned, shaking his wrist slightly to get out of the elder’s grip, but the elder refused to let go. 

“No...There is no reason for you to be sorry,” Jongup smiled forlornly. “I am really happy about your feelings, Junhong. You have to believe me.”

“But…” Zelo knew exactly how this was going to go. 

“But…” Jongup loosened his grip, let his hand wrap lazily on the younger’s thinner wrist. “But I don’t deserve you…” 

“What are you talking about?” Zelo furrowed his eyebrows confused at Jongup’s words. Okay, maybe he didn’t know where this was going.  It sounded as if the elder did have feelings for him, despite him being very clear the first time that he only saw the younger as a brother. 

“I…” Jongup shook his head, realizing the words he just said would only confuse and bother the pup further. “I’m sorry. I was just saying things...it’s nothing important…” Jongup flashed a melancholic smile, letting go of Zelo and taking a step back. “I’ll see you later, Junhong.”

Zelo just watched slightly frustrated, dumbfounded, and just utterly confused at their interaction. For someone who had rejected him, Jongup looked as if he was the one that was rejected. Zelo began to rub his temples, taking in as much information and trying to figure out what the hell was going on. Jongup was enigma. Did Zelo even really know Jongup? The real Jongup? The younger was beginning to doubt it.


“Daehyun, Wooji- Oh..hi Youngjae-hyung….” Jongup murmured, unable to look at Youngjae in the eye as he entered Daehyun’s office. 

“Hi, Jongup, how are you doing?” Youngjae flashing the guard dog a sympathetic smile. Jongup looked up, a glimmer of surprise in his dark brown eyes. 

“I’m doing okay…”Jongup flashed a forlorn smile. “Thanks for...not hating me…”

“You know I can’t hate you. You and Zelo are both my friends….” Youngjae let out a held in sigh. “Just don’t hurt Zelo anymore, please? I may be forgiving...but Himchan may really kill you if he even catches a hint of Zelo crying again.” Jongup nodded, understanding the truth in Youngjae’s words.

“And where would I ever find another secretary like you,” Daehyun showed his friend a sympathetic grin before patting him on the back. “So what news do you have for me? Good news? Or am I asking too much?”

“It has to do with Woojin.” Jongup scowled as the name left his lips. 

“I was asking too much….” Daehyun sighed, running his fingers through his dark brown locks. “What is it this time? Did he say I slept some CEO’s wife? That I poisoned Seoul’s entire water supply? That I stepped on his foot and his petty wants compensation?”

“He’s in the conference room right now...apparently it has to do with your current pharmaceutical project…” Daehyun’s eyebrows knitted together in confusion. Didn’t his father explicitly say that Jung Pharma was his department to handle? Why the hell would Woojin stick his grubby fingers in his business? Well he wasn’t surprised. His family trying to screw him over had become a Jung family tradition apparently. 

“What does he want with Jung Pharma…” Daehyun quickly glanced at Youngjae, seeing the younger listen to their conversation intently. This project was Youngjae’s baby. His blood, sweat, and tears. Like hell he was gonna let that Woojin ruin it. 

“He said it was some sort of collaboration with one of the largest hospitals in the country…” Jongup sighed. “Apparently your father approved.”

“Of course, father approved. Hell, Woojin could have asked for a collaboration with damn clowns and he would approve,” Daehyun sneered. “Anyways, Woojin being ‘helpful’ can’t be a good sign. Let’s just get this over with so I can figure out what the snake is planning.” Daehyun adjusted his die, aggressively yanking at the thing like a noose.  

“He also asked for Youngjae’s presence,” Daehyun stopped in his tracks before reaching the door. Youngjae stared at Jongup in confusion, a finger pointing at himself to reconfirm the guard dog’s words. “Apparently he wants Youngjae to work very closely with the doctors…” 

“I told that - that if he messes with Youngjae I would-

“It’s fine, Dae...” Youngjae scowled, removing himself from the couch, wrapping his lab coat tightly around his frame. He let out groan before rubbing the bridge of his nose “Well, let’s get this show on the road then…”


“You sure you want to come, chipmunk. I can tell that jerk-face you’re too busy or that you’re sick.” Daehyun whispered into the younger’s ear as the two of them, Jongup following closely behind, walked towards the conference room. 

“I’ll be fine, Daehyun. That punk can’t intimidate me,” Youngjae scoffed as he shoved his hands into his lab coat. “And are those really the best excuses you got?”

“Well I could tell them you’ve got explosive diarrhea.” Daehyun chuckled, earning a punch from Youngjae.

“You’re disgusting.” Youngjae sneered.

“What? It would get you out of the meeting so mission accomplished.” Daehyun held back another chuckle as Youngjae eye rolled. 

“Let’s just get this over with, I honestly want to get back to work.” Youngjae rolled his shoulders, his muscles a tad strained from huddling in front of a fume hood all day. 

“Back to work? You were literally lazing around my office.” Daehyun quirked a brow. 

“Don’t act as if you didn’t like it. I caught you staring at my crotch.” Youngjae flashed the elder a coy grin. 

“I was just surprised that you willing spread your legs that wide in my office,” Daehyun smirked. “It’s as if you’re testing my patience, chipmunk.”

“Of course not~” Youngjae sing-songed before a giggle escaped his lips. “I was just trying to rest in a comfortable position.”

“Oh so having your legs spread out is comfortable,” Daehyun whispered into Youngjae’s ear. His warm breath tickling the other. “That’s a nice fact to know. I guess I’ll just have to make sure you’re ‘comfortable’ more often.” Daehyun the shell of Youngjae’s ear, causing him to jump.

“Enough you two, I don’t need a lesson on where babies come from.” Jongup sighed, separating the two since they were now in front of the conference door. 

“Well, Guppie, it wouldn’t be a lesson about where babies come from, but more about a lesson on giving good .” Daehyun stated matter of factly. 

“Daehyun!!” Youngjae shrieked.

“How are you my boss again?” Jongup shook his head in dismay before opening the door to the conference room. 

“Hello, brother, you seem to be doing well.” Woojin had a bright pleased smile on his face upon their entrance. That wasn’t good. Woojin being civil and pleasant was never a good sign. 

“And you’re unfortunately alive,” Daehyun flashed his brother a grin. Despite the pleasant grins plastered on their faces, the tension and electric hatred could be felt throughout the room. “So what did you call us here for? I am a busy man, Woojin.”

“I just wanted to introduce you to the medical doctors you’ll be working with during your clinical trial for you medicine,” Woojin kept his grin, a glint of mischief in his eyes as he introduced the row of men and women that stood beside him. “They are some of the best doctors and nurses at the hospital. I thought it would be of great assistance to have reliable and established professionals to assist with our trials. Father thought so as well.” 

“Well aren’t you a kiss ,” Daehyun grinned. “Thanks for your great kindness then, Woojin,” Sarcasm dripped from Daehyun’s word like sweet honey. “If you all have some time, you can speak to my secretary to plan a meeting with our head researcher of the project so that you all can talk in detail about exactly how these trials will take place.” Daehyun politely smiled at the men and women before gesturing to Jongup and Youngjae who both respectively bowed. 

“Youngjae?” Youngjae suddenly stiffened at the sound of his name. The last voice he thought he would ever hear in his life. The voice he never wanted to hear ever again. 

“Oh silly me, how could I forget to introduce the lead physician who will oversee the trials,” Woojin grinned like a Cheshire cat. Daehyun raised a confused brow at Woojin’s giddiness. That is till he turned to see Youngjae. The younger’s skin had paled to a ghostly white color. The pupils of his eyes trembling slightly. Daehyun’s now frowned in confusion looking up from Youngjae to see Woojin’s smug grin. “I would like to introduce to you Dr. Lee Jinsoo.” Woojin stepped aside to reveal a clean-cut handsome young man. He wasn’t like Daehyun handsome. Exuding danger, mischief, and undeniable iness. Instead the young man had this bright grin, with sharp features, and deep hazel eyes. He was the prince charming of every little girl’s dream. 

“Youngjae! It really is you. It’s been forever.” Jinsoo stepped out from behind Woojin, coming to Youngjae with an outstretched hand. 

“It’s seems that Mr. Yoo and Dr. Lee seem to already know each other.” Woojin grinned, watching his devious deed unfold. 

“We go way back, right Youngjae?” Jinsoo slightly tilted his head to the side, that camera perfect smile never leaving his lips. 

Youngjae simply stared at the man, no words could leave his lips. He couldn’t even move. It was if he was frozen and thrown back into a time he never wanted to remember. He could feel his hands tremble, the color drain from his face. He hated it. He hated that this thing caused him to feel sick to his stomach. He hated that he couldn’t just punch that perfect smile in the face and move on. He hated that he looked like a trembling deer in front of a lion. 

Daehyun just watched this scene in confusion. Who the hell was this Jinsoo character? All Daehyun knew as that he didn’t like the guy. He didn’t like how frightened Youngjae looked, and he didn’t like how familiar this doctor was acting towards his chipmunk. An obvious scowl was forming on his lips. He knew that Woojin was relishing in that, but at the moment he didn’t give a damn about Woojin. Right now all he cared about was finding out who this man was and how he had this effect on Youngjae.

“Haha, you okay, Youngjae? It seems like a cat caught your tongue? But wow, you’ve really changed! You used to look like a mess back in the day, my how times have changed,” Jinsoo chuckled, placing his hand on Youngjae’s shoulder. Youngjae immediately tensed, becoming a stone statue. “We have a lot to catch up on.” He gave Youngjae’s shoulder a small squeeze and the younger immediately jumped from the action. 

“Uh...I...I have to-” Youngjae couldn’t even finish his words before he sprinted out of the conference room, his hand over his mouth. Everyone simply stared wide-eyed and confused at his actions. All except Daehyun, Jongup, and Woojin. Confusion and concern obvious on Daehyun’s and Jongup’s faces while a pleased was plastered on Woojin’s.

“Mr. Yoo must have been too excited to see an old face.” Woojin chuckled and reassured the other doctors and nurses. 

“He’s antsy as always.” Jinsoo chuckled before turning his attention to Daehyun and Jongup. “I look forward to working wi-” Before Jinsoo could even finish his words, Daehyun immediately left the conference room to follow after Youngjae. Honestly not giving a damn about the collaboration or the people in that room (minus Jongup, of course). “Oh….” Jinsoo awkwardly chuckled. “Sorry if it seems I was ignoring the both of you, I was just too excited to see Youngjae again.” Jinwoo extended his hand to Jongup. The guard dog only staring at his hand with a blank expression and handing him a business card. 

“We’ll contact you later to discuss the collaboration.” Jongup blankly stated before turning around and exiting the conference room as well. 



“Jae! Jae!” Daehyun bursted into the men’s restroom, following Youngjae into the black marbled room. His eyes darted back and forth trying to find any sign of the younger. “Jae, are you in here?” His question was returned with the sound of gagging. “Jae!” Daehyun followed the sound to the back stall. “Jae...chipmunk...you okay?” Silence. Only the sound of gagging and flushing could be heard. “Babe...please… talk to me….” The sounds stopped. Daehyun could feel panic rise in his chest. What was going on? What what was happening to his chipmunk? He was so confused, so lost, so scared. He hadn’t felt this frightened since… “At least open the door…” Daehyun was practically pleading. His heart sinking as he saw no sign of recognition from the younger, only for the bathroom stall to open slightly with a click. 

Daehyun swung the door open, eyes wide with panic and grief as he saw his beloved chipmunk. Youngjae was clinging to the toilet as it was a damn life preserver. His eyes shaking with fear and watery from either tears or from gagging, Daehyun didn’t know. His lips trembling and stained with throw up. Daehyun squatted down so that he was now at eye level with Youngjae. He cautiously reached out to the other, only to have Youngjae huddle himself closer to the toilet, recoiling from Daehyun’s touch. Daehyun felt as if his heart was breaking into tiny fragments then smashed with a sledge hammer. What had caused his chipmunk to be this way? 

“Youngjae…” Daehyun’s voice was barely a whisper as he attempted to reach out again. Youngjae pushed himself closer to the toilet, tucking his head in between his shoulders. He looked like a cornered animal. Daehyun’s hand were mere centimeters from Youngjae and he could clearly see that the younger was trembling as if Daehyun was going to hurt him. As if Daehyun was some sort of predator and Youngjae had accepted his fate as cornered prey. Daehyun closed his hand, contemplating whether he should touch the younger. Right now, his usual sassy snarky chipmunk was as fragile as glass. Like a porcelain doll that would crack at the slightest touch. “Youngjae…” Daehyun whispered again, gently wrapping his arms around the younger’s shoulder. Youngjae flinched, still trembling, but not refusing the touch as he was pulled into Daehyun’s warm chest. The younger simply huddled himself in fetal position as Daehyun soothingly rocked the other back and forth, whispering only words of comfort into the younger’s ear. He didn’t care that his suit was covered in throw up, he didn’t give a damn about the people at the meeting, he didn’t give a about anything and anyone. Right now the only person he cared about, the only person on his mind was his Youngjae. 
 


Thanks for reading! Comments and questions are suuuuppppppeeerrr appreciated :3 

Much thanks to my new beta reader hanayumi015 for reading through this and making sure story and grammar were all on the right track! (Also my dear, Daehyun pays Jongup definitely more than what an average secretary makes. Probably on par with the leading manager of one of the company's branches and that's not counting any stocks and investements Daehyun has given Guppie XD)

The juicy exciting parts are finally here! The chapter was a lot shorter than the other one, but that just means faster updates hehehe

OMG the drama bomb has droooopppppeeeddd!! You guys have all been wondering about Mr. that scarred Youngjae well there he is folks. Head physician at a top ranked hospital XD Didn't see that coming did ya hahaha Poor Baby Jae though *huggles* Now drama bombs are being dropped in all places and unfortunately Zelo and Youngjae are taking the brunt of it. Le sad face! I would love to hear all of your guys opinion on the exciting new development!