This is IMPORTANT!!!!!

What if a Princess Goes To The Real World?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

SHINee’s “copied” songs

 

 

A lot of you will have heard about this. It circulates around social networks and it becomes a huge matter in the eyes of fans. I’m wanting to write something here today after witnessing a sudden panic and motion of anger on tumblr. What about? The fact that SHINee’s songs are not original.

But you know what, they’re an idol group. Their company chooses the songs for them (there is the option for some songs to be written themselves) and they happen to be a part of SM Entertainment. SM are known and have been criticised for the amount of songs they buy the rights for. This is mainly due to a small number of SM Entertainment composers around. But nonetheless, they buy songs from composers and artists, some of them being in big companies in other places in the world.

Normally with these composers, the songs are given a demo in English. It’s mainly for the buyer to hear what the vocal line is to sound like. But sometimes, they are also given music videos as well. But you’ll notice with the demos that they are not the highest of quality. If you want an example of a really well known one. SNSD, a Korean girlband under SM Entertainment, released a song called “Run Devil Run” last year. A lot of people know the version done by Ke$ha. But the version that she had done was only a demo that was leaked onto the internet a few months before the SNSD version came out. This led to a huge debate whether or not the song was Kesha’s, but it’s not. She recorded a demo, she has no rights to it and cannot make any money from it. SM Entertainment own the rights to it.

Now, back to SHINee. On several occasions, lists of songs by them and the original song have cropped up on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter