Chapter 8-One Step Closer

Fated Love

PHS' POV:

Usually if you like someone she/he has the ability to lighten up your mood. Yes, BY has the ability to do it but it was not just like that. He feels he can rely on him on everything he does. Their situation was like give and take. She is someone whom he wants to protect and she is also someone whom he can depend. She is like a big mountain to him, someone she look up to but most of the times she is someone whom he wanted to be with in a date of forever. He fell in love before but when he realized how he feels for her he asked himself, is that really love or isnt this my first time to fall in love?

PHS: "Our Bongsoonie, isnt it that you will celebrate your bday tomorrow?"

PBY: "Ahhh,. Yes. Ah! Right. I will treat all the crew. You and Jisoo must go."

PHS: "Ofcourse. I'll be there. Ah. What gift will you want to receive from me?"

PBY: "Woah! Amazing. You will give anything I want? A car? A penthouse? Everything?"

PHS: "Oh, everything. You forgot I'm the CEO of Ainsoft Ahm Minhyuk. Ha Ha Ha."

PBY: "You are really living your life as Minhyuk. The more I get to know you, the more I see Minhyuk in you."

PHS: "Is that a compliment or what?"

PBY: "What do you think?"

PHS: "Aish! Just tell me what do you want to receive for your bday."

PBY: "Honestly speaking I don't know too. All I want is for this drama to become successful. I hope we will reach a rating of 3% and for my family to be healthy as well. I can buy anything I want, that is the reason why I want to help other people as well. If only I can help all the people who are needy."

PHS: "Heol. This is really our Do Bong Soon."

PBY: "Ha ha ha and you are really CEO Ahn Min Hyuk. Ah. Right. Just sing a song for me tomorrow."

PHS: "That's so simple Ha Ha Ha. Fall into the charms of singer Park Hyungsik. Ha Ha Ha! Ah. UAA called me. They want to have a dinner with me next week."

PBY: "That's good then."

PHS: "Can you be with me in that dinner?"

PBY: "Eyyyyy. Why?"

PHS: "I just feel I need you there. Please."

PBY: "Ahhhmmm. Okay then but you need to treat me something delicious afterwards."

PHS: "If that's what you wanted."

PBY's POV:

That day she turn a year older. Year by year she hopes that someday she can find the one who will make a change in her perceptions about love and marriage. For some reasons, she find marrying and living with someone a burden. When other woman in her age are already planning about their wedding, she was still thinking when she could find that love where she can say that, "I can't live without that person." She met the production team in a small gathering she organized for her birthday. Jisoo approached her first, greeted her happy birthday and gave her a small paperbag. He told her that that is his gift for her. HS, on the otherhand, about getting old. She was irritated by his actions. Maybe because she expected something sweet from him.

PBY: "Thank you everyone for coming and celebrating my birthday with me. Thank you for thanking care of me in the filming set. My wish for my birthday is that Strong Woman Do Bong Soon will receive a positive viewers' response and we will get our target ratings.

After her short speech, she then sat down to the table where Jisoo and HS were seated. To her surprise, HS approached her in a manly manner.

PHS: "Bong Soon-ah, can I have some moment with you?"

PBY: "Ahmmmm. Sure sure."

HS dragged her on the part of that restaurant where they can be away from the noise coming from the rest of the crew. They sat down on the floor and HS started smiling.

PHS: "You think I forgot to greet you right?"

PBY: "Tsk. Jisoo greeted me first and it seems like you don't care."

PHS: "Right! Happy birthday Boyoung-ah. You said you want me to sing a song for you right?"

He then took out his phone and play a song familiar to her. He sang this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13e2iy9ANv8 while looking at her eyes. She looked at him too and then all the memories she had with him flashbacked, from the moment she saw him in the music shows, to the time she kept on waited for ZE:A to comeback, to watching him in Real Mean, and up to now where he already seats beside her but it was not like that and it wont be always like she wanted it to be. Tears were forming from her eyes but she stopped it from dropping into her face. After he sang the song, he pull out a small paper bag from his jacket.

PHS: "Happy birthday noona. I will be always there for you. I promise you that noona. No matter what happen I will be just right here."

After that she grabbed him and pull him towards their seats with the rest of the staff in crew. She didnt want to be more emotional in front of him or else she will have a slip of the tongue on what she really felt. She feels bad that she didnt even thank him. When she went home, she opened his gift. It was a ring, a white gold ring with diamonds on it. It is simple that she thinks it will fit on her but she knows it is so expensive. She noticed a small note on the box of the ring. It said....

"Happy birthday noona. I promise I'll be always beside you. This ring is a promise ring. I'll know if you accepted my promise if I'll see you wearing this ring. I wish you all the best noona and I hope we will still continue seeing each other even after the drama."

After reading that note, she cant helped it not to cry. She didnt know what to feel anymore. Is he confessing to her or it just a way of saying to her that we are just friends forever?

PHS POV:

When he went home, he thought about his actions. Did he surprised her? Did he did something wrong? Are his actions vague? How come she didnt let him finish what he wanted to say? He wanted to say that he likes her that night, he likes her not because he is Ahm Min Hyuk and she is Do Bong Soon, he likes her because she is Park Bo Young and his feelings as Park Hyung Sik are indeed real. He texted him but she didnt reply. On his surprise, she acted normal when they went to the filming the next day. Nothing was changed. She still let him touched and fixed her hair. She didnt even bother when he called her "my baby" while she was sleeping. The only thing that bothered him was that his heart hurt everytime she is calling Jisoo, "Gook Doo-ya" in a sweet manner. That day for his dinner with UAA comes, he hesitated if she will still come with him.

PHS: "Bong soon-ah, its okay if you will not come with me. I understand."

PBY: "Its okay. The filming already ended besides I am not a person who wont keep my promises so let's go."

PBY's POV:

The dinner went smoothly. Ms. Ellen Park discussed to HS the inclusions to his contract. She thought he is in good hands. To everyone's surprise, HS asked a question about dating.

PHS: "If I sign in your company, I am allowed to date someone right? Well, I am not dating right now but if in the future I will, it will be okay right?"

Ms. Ellen Park: "Ofcourse. It will be okay with us. We don't care about our artists' personal lives but you have to tell us the truth so that we can back you up to the media. You are just starting you career and any scandal you will face face will affect your career."

She wondered why he asked that question. She thought he already likes someone and he wanted to ask her out when their drama ended. Ofcourse, it wont be her. She was sad but she needs to accept the reality that she and HS are just colleagues and friends. The day of the presscon comes, she was impressed by the response of the media as well as of the netizens to their chemistry. They act naturally in front of the press. HS would sometimes her hair that made her uncomfortable but that is noise marketing so she accepted it. Few days, after the presscon the 1st and 2nd ep of Strong Woman Do Bong Soon were aired and to their surprised they surpassed their goal on their first ep. HS, BY and the rest of the production were ended happy because of that they will have a reward vacation. She was happy to hear it. She was glad that she can't spend more time with him even after the drama and maybe she can say properly say good bye to him in their vacation. They still have lots of scenes to film. They even went to the amusement park for some of it. They had a lot of fun but some of his actions still confused her like wiping her lips while eating ice cream even holding her hands even after the director said cut. She wanted to avoid it but she thought it can react a space between them that will eventually affect their filming. Instead of avoiding him, she acted normally and she would even fed him food that actually gave butterflies on their stomachs.

PHS' POV:

When he went home, he then reviewed their script on the following episodes. He cannot dare to messed up especially that their ratings were going up. While reading the script there was one line that captured his attention. To become lovers from friends is simple. One person has to take a step closer. And that one step changes their relationship.” 

He hoped he can finally take one step closer to her before the drama ended or else he will lose her forever. He went to the filming for those scenes. Those words kept on bothering him. The funny thing was he gave him the flowers that was used on one of the scenes. He wanted to show her his romantic side and when they took that scene he felt that he was not anymore playing as Ahn Min Hyuk but he delivered that as Park Hyungsik. As she hoped that one of them will take one step closer, he also hopes that when that day comes she will accept his feelings in that way they will change their relationship but will it really happen?