HOLD ME TIGHT

Original Fluff Ball

*Xiao Lurin's POV*

Darkness is all. Pitch black it is. Vast surrounding that I can't make up where I am, be the only thing that serve my view. I fall down on my feet and -stuck on the cold floor that I can't grasp what that is as I feel like I'm floating in a thin air. Even so, I'm not afraid of the endless dark mirage spread in front of me. I don't mind the situation at all. The fact that I already die makes my soul overjoyed that everything is gonna be alright from that moment onwards. My parents and those whom I love won't get hurt nor be in danger anymore. I'm more than glad when I walked closer to the edge of the rooftop and ended my life as that's the best thing that I've ever done in my whole 18 years old life.

I got tired of sitting there looking over nothing, so I lay down and curl myself into a fetus-like position to create some heat that I can make from my small body because the dark place is as cold as ice. I shrug the coldness away and keep myself occupied with the thought of him, my other half, my soulmate. Am I able to see him now that I die? Will I be able to stay in his arm again? I miss him so bad that I can't wait for him to take me away from this dark place that's draining the energy left in my body. I wonder if he grows as much as I grew this past five years after I left. Genuinely, after he died, he left me hanging alone, fighting those people who're against me until the very day that I ended my life. I don't even know when it's gonna end, while part of me sincerely hope that everything will come to an end with my death. That's what they want anyway, their thirst for my life never subside. Now that I'm gone from the face of the world, they have to stop, they must!

Being alone here in the dark makes me think back about my life when I was still alive. As I look back, I see myself in the corner of my isolated house after I left my family, far from any human, void of people but I'm happy, I wouldn't hurt anyone with my existence. I locked myself up in there without any hint of light, feeling so sad and down. I somehow managed to make my parents and beloved siblings to believe that I'm out of depression when I'm clearly not until the day where I stop breathing. At that time, when I had a flashback of the love of my life, I'd cry my eyes out and started to cut. I slit my wrist and cut my thigh, the emotional pains was so unbearable that I had to distract myself by cutting. That wasn't the right thing to do but I can't help it. I let myself indulged in the pain from the freshly wounded skin of mine where the blood gushing out.

Ever since, I've always have suicidal thoughts and there's this small voice inside my head telling me to just end it there. No matter how much I scream for it to stop, it never disappear but I knew better than dying. After I pressed down my emotion by cutting, I'd walk into my room at the second floor where I could get some sunlight. I'd wrap my tiny body inside my blanket and curled myself into a ball, crying, letting the sorrow out of my heart but to no avail, the sting was still there. I hope for someone to come and help me, save me from the nightmare but I know, I was wishing for something impossible.

An image flash through my mind right now, it's Namjoon the Papa Bear

An image flash through my mind right now, it's Namjoon the Papa Bear. Now that I think of it, I felt bad that I lied to Namjoon that I'm out of depression when he left home to work, the worry plastered on his face makes my heart soft but I can't do that, I can't get attached. He might get hurt, no! THEY might get hurt. I might not know them any closer to personal but they do grow on me on that short period of time. I am so grateful to Jungkook for taking good care of me, well it's not just him. Everyone in the band treated me well, not to tell that the damn Sucrose with his own way.

I also remember, after 1 year and half, I decided that I'm going to come back to my family but I have to prepare myself until I'm 100% strong to fight the battle that's going to erupt any second after I return HOME. I miss home but I don't mind as long as their well being is secured and I can stay here in the dark cause I'm sure, Enrique will come and get me. That's what a soulmate do, protect and be with each other. Anyway, in order to build myself stronger, I put fighting skills into practice every single day without rest. I'd punch the sandbag with my full force that it left me with bruised and bleeding knuckles.

I don't quit until I mastered each step and it was a routine for me to practice the self defense


I don't quit until I mastered each step and it was a routine for me to practice the self defense.

The coldness of the surface I'm currently lying in struck me and snap me out of my own thought


The coldness of the surface I'm currently lying in struck me and snap me out of my own thought. The next thing that I heard drowning my own thoughts is some faint footsteps which become clearer with every step that the person take. I'm too weak to even raise my finger so I just look at his boot when he stops right in front of my body before averting my vision upward to see who he is.

" Don't be scared. " He said with his low and raspy voice.

"I'm not scared, I'm cold. "

I can see his eyes flickers in shock but I don't push him with any question but instead, he bombard me with it.

" What are you doing here? "

" Well, this is the afterlife, isn't it? I died so that's why I'm here? " I say, unsure of it myself.

He looks even confused by my answer but as soon as he wants to ask another question, I cut him off.

" What are you? I never know the afterlife have some kind of kitten hibrid. "

" Did you just call me kitten hibrid?!"

" Yes, I did. Why? " I look at him with a questioning eyes.

He hisses when he remembered something and I know that he doesn't feel good about it. He then tell me that he'd been playing with a little girl before he came and see me. That's why he has the kitten headband. He removes it from his head and make it disappear in a flick of his finger which send my eyes wide agape.

" I don't know why you are here but I'm the Grim Reaper. "

" What are you doing here then? "

" What?? " His eyes flickers in confusion at my question.

" No, I mean, if you're the Grim Reaper, than you should've be there and take my soul with you when I die on the rooftop. Also, I don't think the Lion from Hell look like this. " I said as I point to him from head to toe.

" But you weren't on my list and what do you mean a Grim Reaper shouldn't look like this? " He says as he points to himself in a mocking way.

I dismiss the part being on his list or whatnot cause I didn't imagine the Lion from Hell to look like that.

" You know what, I've always imagine that the Lion from Hell to be big, intimidating, rough, aggressive and scary. Even covering every part of its skin in black clothing, but you make me question my imagination. "

I get tired looking to him so I lay on my back with my face directly facing him and he rolls his eyes, maybe annoyed at my attitude. As if I care.

" You know, how they have fire on their face and eyes bulging out of the socket. Blood dripping from their head, drenching their clothes until it reach their feet. Ah, they also smell like rotten meat. But you, you look...normal? Why is that? "

" First of all, rude! That's such a rude way to describe the Grim Reaper's appearance. We dress normally and why on Earth would we smell like rotten meat?! Who told you those kind of information huh?"

Whoa, he literally yells at me! A Grim Reaper just yelled at me! This is awesome, okay I know I'm weird but what? This is the afterlife, it's not like anyone's watching.

" Books. Hey, you know it better that we're not on Earth here.."

"You human should stop stereotyping the Grim Reaper."

" But..but, umm I'm no human.."

I'm getting weaker and weaker every seconds that passed, now I'm at the edge of losing my consciousness but his loud, low and raspy voice brings me back.

" You're not?? "

" I'm not a broken radio and I won't repeat myself, duh."

" No wonder.. " He sighs..

" Come on, get up. We have to go somewhere."

" So now you decide to take my soul, huh? The afterlife sure is tiring. "

I can't move even if I want to, my energy is drained and I don't even know why. I'm feeling dizzy and try my very best not to vomit. I keep telling myself to suppress it and my train of thought once again get interrupted by his annoying voice which slightly getting on my nerves..

" Stop saying that this place is the afterlife cause it's not. This place is called The Void. It's..."

" Shut up! Whatever you call this place, I don't give a single ing damn care, so can you please just take me already?! "

" Why are you yelling at me?! How dare you talk to me like that?! You're dealing with a Grim Reaper right now, aren't you even scared?! "

I'm sick of this antics that I didn't even realize I'm gritting my teeth.

" Why would I? Even if you come to me with your dislocated limbs, I'm not scared, you ! "

" Do you even know that '' is a double meaning word? " He says, smirking at my way..

" Yeah, and you're the second meaning of it. "

He's about to retort back but shut it up when he sees me flailing my arms to his direction.

" Aish, what now? "

" Carry me. I can't move and walking is far from possible. You said you're bringing me somewhere. "

With a roll of his eyes, he lift me up bridal style and I hang my arms on his shoulder and another on his neck. Instead of walking, he floats on air and dashes forward creating a smooth gust of wind.

" Floating is faster? "

" Nah, I like to walk but seeing your state, I don't wanna make you bounce uncomfortably in my arms. "

He sure is nice and I felt even more comfortable when he securely tighten his grip on me. I lean on his chest and I can hear his heart beating hard.

" Your heartbeat. It's there? "

" Of course. Just because I don't live on Earth doesn't mean I'm not alive in this place that you called 'afterlife'..Your body is so cold and now I'm sure that you're not a human. I mean, it's quite... "

He's blabbering again, I cut him off this time as well..

" Lion from Hell sure likes to talk, doesn't he? "

He gives up, ha! I win and yeah, it's cold so I clutch on his clothes tighter to feel his warmth. He sure is warm for someone who's already dead. I hummed in satisfaction and snuggle even closer to his neck.

" You smells nice. Like vanilla, can I you? "

He shrieks in disgust at that and flicks my forehead. I swear I'm going to get my revenge, it feels numb after he abused it!

" You one crazy little girl. How can you be so carefree and bubbly, huh? Life's treating you great?"

" Life's been a to me. This is the real me who I've been hiding for so long."

" Why did you hide this side of yours? You've been living in a lie all this while?"

" Yeah, cause I'm afraid. "

" Of? "

" Of being happy. It's bad news. Now that I'm dead, I can get back to be who I am without having to cover up. They don't want me to be happy but suffer all throughout my life. If they caught me being happy, they'll start hurting those who I love."

" That's harsh. I don't want you to suffer anymore. "

" I won't anymore. I'm dead, remember? "

I flash him a small smile. But the way he looks at me with guilt glued perfectly in his eyes makes me shudder. There must be something behind it but I'm not brave enough to ask even though I know he won't hide it if I ask.

I can feel that he's slowing down and I make a mental note that we're almost there, our destination who knows where.. Right before he stops, he blinded my vision with his huge veiny hands but I don't fight nor make a fuss out of it thinking that there must be a reason why he does that. He put me down and I can't stand up properly so I clutch on his shoulder tightly. Seeing how I'm struggling, he plants his free hand on my head and removes it the very next second. He then grabs my wrist, removing it from his shoulder. I realize that I can stand up straight now.

" What did you just do? Drug me?"

" Seriously? Where do I get drugs from here?!"

" Then? "

" I transmitted my energy to you. I can't stay here with you. You have to deal with someone, he's coming in a while so stick your here. Don't move and wonder around. You might not like what you see. "

" Well, I guess this is farewell? "

He nods and start to walk away but my small finger on his sleeves makes him stop moving and turn around to my direction, raising his brows.

" What's your name? "

" Lucas. Lucas Ferrand Jr. "

" Lurin. Xiao Lurin. Thanks, you know, from the moment you found me till now. "

" No problem. Just don't treat the next guy the same way you did to me. You might get in trouble. You've been such a stubborn to me but please listen this time. He's not a joke.. You got me? "

" Nagging as always.. " A pinch of rolled eyes got into action which makes him slurred in madness.

" I told you to.. "

" Yeah, yeah, I got you. I understand, Lucas. I won't mess with him. "

With a nod and sigh, he finally goes away, leaving me alone in a place a bit brighter than before but still dark. The wall is in black and red. I move closer, touch the wall and jolt in shock. I step back looking at my finger that feel the burning effect. It's not paint, it's dried blood! The wall, it's like a huge fire is lit on the other side.

" What is an Angel doing here? You think this is a playground, dear? "

I turn around as his voice settled in my hearing and pull me out of my trance.

" Demian? "

" What?! How did you know me? Who told you my name?! The one who brought you here?!"

I looked straight into his eyes, yes, I'm not afraid of him. I know him. He's Demian. The King of Hell Demon! He put me in a miserable state back on Earth and I can't help but getting mad. 

" Lucas didn't tell me anything. He just said to be careful and actually, I don't see why I have to be careful and stay on my toes dealing with you. "

" You sure have guts. What do you mean by that? "

" I met you when I was a child. Don't you remember?"

" Look, I don't even know what you're saying here and I... "

I enjoy cutting people's speech, so

" Royal Angel's offspring. The Blessed One, Aqieyra. The only Blessed One from the Royal Angel family, Aqieyra Mell Hudson. "

He's stupefied by my sudden remarks and he backs off a little, creating some distance from me. Being a brave small bean, I walk closer to him.

" Remember me now? "

" Wh-what are you doing here? W-why a-are you h-here?"

" No need to stutter, is it? Why are you so scared? I ain't gonna harm you in any way. "

" I'm not scared, I'm shocked, dumbfounded, I mean I'm beyond that now. You're not supposed to be here. "

" Where is 'here'? "

" The Underworld. Exactly, you're at the main gate of Hell. "

" I can't see him then. "

" Who? "

" Enrique Cullen. He's my soulmate. Angel's soulmate is placed in Heaven and I did no good when I'm on Earth, so that's why I'm here, gate of Hell. "

" That's not quite the meaning why I said you can't be here.. It's because  you're still... "

" Demian, can you let me see him before you take me straight to Hell? "

" What?! No! I don't want to get into trouble with The Queen of Heaven. That'll be the death of me. You're not worth my life. "

" B-but I thought that I c-could see h-him if I d-die.. I really w-want to s-see him. Please Demian, let me see him.. "

" Urgh, fine! You owe me this.. "

"I owe you nothing, you see. "

" Why is that? "

" Considering that you sent me Insidious Dream quite a few time, I got really ticked off you know. If I have enormous energy right now, I won't hesitate to fight you. You know the power a Blessed One hold against the Demon, don't you? 😏 So now, you're just doing me a little favor and I don't owe you in any sort of ways.."

" I never know the little sweet child can be so scary when she grows up. I mean, look at her threatening a Demon now. A King, on top of it.."

" Should be grateful enough that I didn't demand to take The Throne. I'm the next Royal Queen, remember? 😏 I'm being considerate to let Elliott rules the Heaven's Kingdom.."

" Shut up so I can talk to Elliott.. You're getting weaker and that's not good. "

Indeed, I listen to him and play with my fingers until he's done..

" Wait up. She's calling for him, as so you know, Angel's soulmate is placed under the guardian of The Almighty God.. "

" Did you call her? Like, using phone? "

" How much more stupid can you be? Dear, we are at The Underworld, not on Earth. We use telepathy, that works better than teleportation. That method use lots of energy and I'm in no mood to waste it on someone who's so desperate to see the love of her life. "

" Just how much of a jerk can you be? Sending Insidious Dream is not enough for you? And here, you dare to mock me with the love of my life?! "

" Don't you dare call me a jerk! I'm good enough to you! I even granted you seven... "

" Pipe down, you guys are so loud. "

Someone's coming our way from the dimmed lit room. She's coming nearer and nearer with every delicate steps that she takes and Demian is mesmerized by that. I roll my eyes and smack his head causing him to hiss in pain..

" Owww! What was that for?!"

" Gross! You're drooling. Sure enough you wanna let Elliott see that? "

" But I don't even... Oh Your Highness, you're here.. "

He bows at her as she does the same to him and he smack my precious tiny head real hard to bow at her too.. As soon as I raise my head and my feature get into her vision, she look at me with a wide open set of eyes..

" A-Aqieyra? W-what happen? W-why are y-you here?"

" What's wrong with the God servants that I meet today?! All of you ask what  I'm doing here! I ing died, that's why I'm here and can you please don't stutter when you speak?! I mean no harm, okay! "

Both of them avert their vision from me and stare at each other. I huffed out a sigh..

" Can you please not use telepathy here? It's offensive.. "

" Sorry, Royal.. I didn't mean to, I was just shook.. Aqieyra Mell Hudson, that's your name right?"

" Hmm, where is he? This stupid Demon here said I'm getting weaker, that's it's not good. I'd really appreciate it if you hurry up.."

Demian raises his hand to hit me but Elliott laughs so hard at our behavior as if it's so funny, I don't get where the funny part is actually. She calms down and gives a glance at his way while I facepalm because here they go again, the ty telepathy! I give her a disapproving look and she chuckles before closing her eyes, focusing hard as she called out his name, the one that I've missed so much my entire life.

" The Almighty God, I'm calling for an Angel's soulmate. The soulmate of an Angel named Aqieyra Mell Hudson, please grant this call, she doesn't have much time. Dear Lord! Please answer this calling and let the soulmate out from the Guardian's protection. "

I wait and wait with anticipation mixed with a spice of anxiety. I want to meet him, I need to before I leave for Hell. The calling is answered and a male figure appear from the hazy dark sky and the light from his body brighten up his surrounding. He's confused face is perfectly plastered on his lineaments, thinking why he's being casted out of Heaven to this dark place, Hell. He doesn't belong here in Hell, but I do.. It's my calling.

Elliot and Demian back away and gives me some space, privacy to see him, touch him and most of all, talk to him. When he finally sets his feet on the floor, he looks around and sees me.

" Hello? Do you know where I am? Why is it so dark here? " He asks from afar and I feel like crying.

How much I miss that voice, how much I was longing to hear it. How desperate I am to hear him sing me lullaby before I sleep every single night. I step closer to him and with each step, I answer all of his questions.

" Hey. "

" We're currently at the Gate of Hell. "

I'm in front of him now, vision locked to his and I answer his last question

" Hell is supposed to be dark... Pumpkin. "

" Love? "

I nod as stream of tears glaze my cheek and my face is flushed. He walks closer to my body and put his trembling finger on my face, caressing it softly while wiping off my dirty tears.

" Love, is this really you? Love? Love, it's you?? "

He's a crying mess as well, I can't seem to be able to speak. All of the alphabet used to build words to construct sentences seem to be far gone by now.. I do what I could, I nod at him and pull him into a tight hug, sobbing like crazy..

" Yes, pumpkin! Yes! It's me, your Love! "

He tighten his grip on my waist, engulfing me into a hug that I don't want it to be over. Oh, how I hope this moment to be forever but still, I'm wishing for something impossible again.

" Love! I miss you! I miss you so much! I'm sorry, Love! I'm so sorry I couldn't stay longer with you. I'm sorry I left you alone. Dear, how much I want to stay with you that it hurts so much as I looked over you from up there."

" No, I'm the one who's sorry! I should've treat y-you better. I should've know! You've been giving me hints but I was too stupid to realize!"

Demian doesn't have the heart to stop us but he knows I can't stay for long. He feels guilty taking up my time as we argue just now because I can just use it to spend time with Enrique a bit longer. Elliott is already a crying mess, witnessing our reunion that won't last long. She says something that makes my heart clenched.

" How I hope I can make both of them happy. But I don't have any power to do so. Aqieyra Mell Hudson, time is running out. You must hurry. "

We both are still hugging each other, bailing our eyes out as it's too much and painful to bear. Demian on the other hand, puts out his hand to my direction as he says something unclear under his breath and I can feel myself fading away, guess it's time for me to rot in Hell. I reach out my hands and make a half-heart sign with it and he put his finger as well making it complete into a heart form.

I won't let this chance to slip out of my hands again

I won't let this chance to slip out of my hands again. Before I'm gone, I say the words that I wanna say to him so much, words that I've been keeping to myself for a really long time, it's going to make it's appearance now!

" Enrique Collin, I LOVE YOU! "

With that I fade away completely into thin air and the last thing that I heard from him is ' I LOVE YOU TOO. ALWAYS DO, LOVE.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N : I didn't review this one so, it might have lots of typo but cut me some slack.... A bit sleepy and my chubby fingers isn't helping as well.. Anyway, hope you like it and please do comments.. Can you do me a favor of hitting the upvote button? thank you very much.. I appreciate it a lot..