INTERLUDE : WINGS

Original Fluff Ball

            A good ten minutes passed by, Lurin opens her eyes, looking at the sleeping figure next to her. She hold his face in her tiny hands, caressing it softly so that she won't wake him up. 

" You're dead asleep, Cookie. " She said as she lets out a soft giggles. 

" Thanks for the song. You did and do make me feel like home. Thanks for treating me nicely and makes me feel loved when you don't know much about me."

She puts down her hand and let them loose on his chest, sleepiness starting to make it's way. 

" I'm comfortable with you here, by my side. But at some point, it hurts. You remind me of him. " She mutters and sleep the next second with tears in her eyes. 

 

 

The next morning, it's hectic with Jin preparing their breakfast and shouting at the boys to get up, take a shower before having their breakfast. 

" Jimin-ie! Go wake Yoongi and Jungkook up. They sleep like a log for God sake! "

" Okay, Hyung. " He says as he makes his way to their room leaving the kitchen. 

Meanwhile, other BTS members already sit on their respective chair at the dining table waiting for the remaining members who are not awake yet. 

" Hyung, Lurin didn't come home last night? "

" I don't know Hobi-ah.. I was dead asleep yesterday. It was a really rough day yesterday with all that bursted out emotions. "

" What about Jungkook? At what time did he come back yesterday? "

" That brat didn't even say where he's going yesterday. We all fall asleep like a dead body not knowing what happen after that. "

" Aish! Where's that Jimin-ie boy?! I asked him to wake Yoongi and Jungkook's up just now, is he sleeping again?! " Jin says frustrated at his younger member. 

He himself goes to the exact room placing Yoongi, Jungkook and maybe Jimin who'd be joining them sleeping again! 

" Yah, Park Jimin! I told you to... What are you doing standing at the door frame when I told you to wake them up? "

Jimin doesn't answer but point to the direction of Jungkook's bed. Jin is utterly shocked at what he's looking at. 

" You guys are so loud early in the morning! " Suga said as he wakes up from his sleep. 

Suga's eyes is dine with both Jimin and Jin who are looking at Jungkook's bed. Confused as hell, he turns his head to the same direction and, 

" What the heck both of them are doing right now? "

" Exactly! "

They are watching a real life picture of Jungkook and Lurin sleeping together, with Lurin in Jungkook's arm and her hand snakes around his waist, head buried in his chest, engulfed each other in warmth. Jimin is jealous. Jin is frustrated while Suga wants to break them apart. Despite being jealous, Jimin still stay calm and walk to his maknae to wake him up. 

" Maknae~~ Jungkook-ah, wake up. Come on, breakfast is ready. "

Instead of waking Jungkook's up, Lurin is awake and Jimin doesn't know what to do. Literally, no one in the room knows what to do nor start anything. 

" Morning~~ why so loud? I'm tired. "

The boy who listened to her, swear that her morning voice is the y-est voice ever. She raises from Jungkook's chest making the comfortable warmth disappear which lead to Jungkook being awake. 

" You're awake? " He asks while rubbing his eyes. 

" I am. Don't rub it. It'll hurt your eyes later on. " She says as she removes his hand from his eyes..

" Why so lovey dovey? "

" Save the talk for later. Get up now, wash your face and go eat breakfast. Yoongi-ah, you too. Rise and shine, everyone's waiting. "

 Yoongi rushes to the bathroom, no longer wants to see their affection early in the morning. 

" They just met and already sleep together? How cheap could she get?! " He hisses on his way to the bathroom, angry, mad and jealous at their maknae. 

" I'll go wash my face first and will come back to you later, okay? Lay down for a bit more. You're still tired from yesterday. "

She nods at his command and lay down for a little bit more. Indeed, she's really tired and just wants to sleep but the guy from just now says breakfast is ready and that they're waiting, she can't just stay there and sleep. Jungkook then leaves her on his bed, heart fluttering as he was able to sleep and wake up with her by his side. That's the most exciting feeling he'd ever feel in his twenty years old life.

After washing his face, Yoongi goes to the dining table, bumping onto Jungkook purposely on his way out. Annoyed expression plastered perfectly on his face. Before he could leave, Jungkook hold his arm. 

" What's wrong with you, Hyung? Are you okay? " He asks, worried about his Hyung sudden behavior. 

Yoongi sigh and can't believe how childish he's being right now. 

" I'm fine, Jungkook-ah . Just a bit under the weather. "

" Are you sick, Hyung? Then ask Jin Hyung for some medicine. "

" It's not something that can be cured by medicine, maknae-ah. " He says, ruffling his younger brother's hair before he leaves. 

" Hyung is so weird. He's just fine yesterday. What's the matter with him? " He shakes his head with a disapproving looks. 

After he's done washing his face and brushes his teeth, he makes his way back to his room only to be served with a female all tucked in a blanket, laying on his bed. 

" Are you okay? " He asks, concerned by her position that is fetal like.

He then put his hand on her forehead and removes it the next millisecond. 

" You're burning! You got sick because you were in the cold for too long yesterday. Come, I'll help you wash your face and we'll eat breakfast. Then you can take your medicine. I'll let you rest after that. Okay? "

She nods weakly. She doesn't get sick easily but the cold and emotional pain that she went through yesterday got the best out of her. She's way~~ too tired to deal with all of that and resulted in her getting sick today. 

" Come now, get up. " He says while holding her hand, helping her up. 

He intertwined his hand with hers as they walks to the bathroom where Jungkook gives her a new toothbrush. He makes her sit on the toilet stand and helps her with the toothpaste. 

" I can do it myself, Cookie. You're treating me like I'm a baby. "

" You are. At least now that you're sick , you're indeed a baby in my eyes. Let me take care of you, hmm? "

" As you wish~~ "

After she finishes brushing her teeth, she tries to get up from the toilet stand to wash her face but Jungkook pushes her back down. 

" Hmm? Why? "

" Stay, I'll clean your face. "

" Why would you do that? "

" Cause I want to. "

He then wets her face with tap water, squeezes his facial cleanser on his palm, rubbing it against each of his palm before spreading it on her face. 

" Hahaha, you have to use my facial cleanser cause yours are not here. Where's your luggage? "

" It's okay. Yours smells nice. I like it. My luggage is still in my car. I wasn't able to bring it here. I'll take it later. "

" You like the smell? I'm glad. I'll ask Hyungs to take your luggage. You're sick and need to rest. "

" I can do it, Cookie. I don't want to be a burden on them. "

" You always so you'd do it when.. "

" You always forbid me to do it myself. " She cuts in

" Hahaha.. Yeah, I did but seriously, let Hyungs get your things. It's no big deal and believe me, when Jin Hyung knows you're sick, he won't let you do anything but rest. Wait and see. "

He then finishes his work and leads her to the dining table. 

" Oh! You're here! When did you come back? "

" Oh, uhmm, I..

" Taehyung-ah, at least let her sit first, you dummy. "

" Ahh, sorry. Come sit here. " He says, tapping the sit beside him which she gladly take. 

" So?

BTS members are staring at her as if she's the world greatest masterpiece when she isn't. 

" I came back with Cookie yesterday's night. It was almost two when we arrived. "

" Cookie? Biscuits? "

" Are you dreaming? Still in your sleep? "

" Aihh, hyung. It's me. She came with me. "

" You? How so? "

" I went to the playground last night and she was there. We talked a bit before we went home. "

" What did you both talk about, Lurin-ah? "

" Huh? "

" Just this and that. Nothing important, hyung. "

" If you say so. Okay, everyone's here. Let's eat . "

" Thanks for the food. " All of them said. 

Lurin can't seem to be able to eat. The dishes that Jin prepared must be delicious seeing on how they are munching eagerly. She's not having any mood to eat so she just stares at her food. 

" Staring at the food won't make it disappear nor make you full, Lurin-ah. Why aren't you eating? "

" Ohh, I just don't have any appetite now. I do appreciate you preparing the food but I can't have any. "

" Angel doesn't eat human food?? Then what do you eat? No wonder you're so small and thin. "

" Ehh? No, no. I eat human food. It's just I'm.. "

" She's sick. "

" You're sick? " Jin asks, concerned. 

She nods. 

" She was out all day long yesterday. "

" Payback for being a fool leaving home without your jacket. "

She hangs her head low at that. She isn't someone who's easily affected on what people say but somehow his words cut so deep. She can't help but feel sad. 

 " Min Yoongi! Watch your words! "

" What? It's true after all. "

" Don't fight. It's okay. "

Jin lets out a heavy sigh, disapproving of Yoongi's bad attitude. 

" You need to eat to have your medicine. What do you prefer then? "

" Milk and cereal will do me just fine. "

" Got it. Wait up. "

" No, hyung. Have your meal. I'll take it. "

" You want to? Alright, go on. "

He leaves the table to get her milk and cereals. He comes back with a bowl of milk and cereal with a drizzle of honey on top of it. 

" I put some honey for your throat in case it gets sore. "

" Thanks, Cookie. "

She starts eating it. Chewing it slowly and swallows it with so much difficulty as she feels like she's eating a huge amount of sand. feels a bit numb to taste anything. 

" Are you okay if we call you Lurin? "

" What do you mean? "

" Say, your real name is Aqieyra Hudson, right? "

She nods. 

" When we first met you, you're called as Xiao Lurin or the students preferred calling you Queen."

" Hmm. Then? "

" We are confused to be honest either to call you Aqieyra or Lurin. Which one do you prefer? "

" You can call me Lurin. Both are my name, it doesn't really matter but since I'm living with you, I don't wanna risk the world knowing my real name. "

" Your parents give you the name right? Aqieyra Hudson? "

" Yup, that's my birth name."

" What about Xiao Lurin? "

" Yeah, is it just a name that you picked up to disguise yourself when you left? "

" It's not just a name that I picked up. Xiao Lurin is a name that he gave me. Enrique is a Chinese -American mix. When I was 8 my mommy told me that a few week after I was born, Enrique had been whining to give me a Chinese name. Both my mommy and daddy agreed for him to do so. That's how I got Xiao Lurin as my name. "

" Why do you prefer Lurin instead of Aqieyra? I'm sure it's not just because you wanted to hide from the killer. "

" So that, I won't forget him. People calling me Lurin makes me remember the time I spent with him. I want to cherish what I've had with him before, even if it's just a name that he gave me. "

"  I see. If so, what do they call you? Your parents I mean. "

" According to my name? "

" Huh? "

" They didn't really use my name. It's either baby, honey, little one and pocky. If they do use my name, then it's Qiey. "

" Other endearment is understandable but pocky? What's that? "

" I enjoy eating orange flavored pocky when I was little. That's why they call me that. "

" That's cute. "

" Shut up and eat you meal, Cookie. " She said as she pushes his head but gently it the next second. 

" What's with you both? "

" What? "

" Are you guys dating? You act like you guys are lover. "

The said boy and girl look at each other and let out an unstable laugh. 

" We're not dating.. "

" Yet. I'll ask her out later. "

With that remark, BTS members stop eating and look at their maknae. 

" What did you say? "

" I'll ask her out later. Now, she needs to eat her medicine and rest. "

" You're being silly, Cookie. "

" Only for you. " He says and she smiles at that. 

They are jealous, that's an understatement. They're beyond that. They want to do lover dovey stuff with her too. They crave to be called names by her, like how she calls Jungkook as Cookie. They want to touch her like Jungkook does. They want to show her their affection like Jungkook does. They are dying to be by her side. They.. Their train of thought are interrupted by, 

" Oh yea, I forgot. Can you guys introduce yourself? I only know Cookie here. "

" I'm Kim Seokjin. You can call me Jin. "

" He's the mommy in the band. "

" No wonder he cooks well. We can cook together when I get well soon, Jinnie ~~"

He blushes at that. How cute it sounded as it slips out . 

" You can cook? "

" I'm not good but I can compromise that I won't put your kitchen on fire. " She answers smiling. 

" Hahaha.. I'll be waiting for you then. "

" Hmm~~ Alright. Next? " She asks, still eating her soggy cereal. It's better that way, not hurting that much. 

" Kim Namjoon. I'm the leader and goes by Rap Monster or RapMon on stage. "

" Monster? You're that good in rapping? I can't doubt your skill if your name already state it, Moon~~"

" Moon? "

" Ya-up. "

" Why Moon? "

" I don't know. I just wants to call you that. "

" If you like it, I won't judge then. "

" Kim Taehyung. I goes by V on stage. "

" V as in the alphabet? "

" Yeah, isn't it charming? "

" How can you say that from your own mouth? "

" Cause I'm fabulous. "

" Alright.. " She smiles. 

" What about me?? "

" What about you? "

" You called Jungkook-ie as Cookie. Jin Hyung as Jinie and Namjoon Hyung as Moon. What about me? You don't want to call me names? " He pouts. 

" You're so adorable, do you know that? "

" You're mean. " He whines, still pouting. 

She pinches his cheek before saying,

" Don't pout Taetae-ah. Your adorable-ness is killing me. " She tries to cheer up the cute boy. 

" My fans call me that too. Do you know that? "

" Really? I didn't know, Taetae-ah. "

" It sounds good when I hear fans call me that but it's even better hearing you do it.. I feel butterfly in my stomach. "

" Isn't that too much, Taetae-ah? "

" No! I'm serious. "

" Okay, okay. I understand. Moving on? "

" Jung Hoseok. On stage, I'm J-Hope. "

" Noted. Nice to meet you, Jay. I see, you have quite a bright personality. "

" You do call people just the way you want, don't you? "

" I think I do. "

" You're so interesting, Lurin-ah. I've never meet a person like you before. Most people call me Hobi instead of Jay. I think I can just assume it's you whenever someone calls me Jay. "

" Might as well do that, Jay. "

He laughs and she'd be lying if she says she isn't affected. 

" Hi, Lurin! I'm Jimin. Park Jimin. You should stay away from Jungkook. "

" What?!  Why?? "

" Hahaha.. Why is that Minie? "

" He's an international playboy. "

" Oh! You are, Cookie? "

" Well, I... "

" Cookie~~don't be that flustered. Come to think of it, you guys are all considered as international playboy cause look at the amount of fans that you have. How many heart have you guys stole. Park ChimChim, if you ask me to stay away from Cookie, then I might as well stay away from you. "

" What?! No! No! I take it back.. Don't stay away from me. I wanna be close to you too. "

" You want to get close to me? You're not afraid? You're not terrified? You know I'm not a human. Why would you want to be close to me? "

" I, no, we don't see any reason why we should be afraid of you nor be terrified of your existence. We all know that you're not fully a human, that you have Angel's blood running in your vein. That's final, that's all. What more to add to it, Lurin? It's nothing bad at all. You think you're different but we considered you as the same human living in this place called Earth. I don't think we have any problems on getting close to you. "

" Whoa! That's touching. Not everyone can accept me you know. Some people know that my family are somewhat Royal Angel related that they're excited to see their wings. To see them, my brothers fly across the sky but they despised me as I can't fly. I don't have wings. I have nothing to show them. "

" Lurin, you need nothing to show them something. What you can show them is how you could live even without that graceful wings . Show it to them. If you do want to show them something, show em how graceful you could live even though you can't fly. That your brothers could be your wings instead. "

" You're right, Moon. Why didn't I think of that before? "

" Believe in us, Lurin-ah. We'll help you fix it. I don't know how we can help you but do know that we're all willing to help you with open arms. "

 " Moon, do you remember when I said that you guys aren't Angel that falls from Heaven? That, such things doesn't exist? "

" I do remember. You shouldn't have said that when you're an Angel yourself. " He says, laughing. 

 " I shouldn't. My Daddy is a living proof that Angels do fall from Heaven. If I don't know you're a human, I'd say that you're an Angel, seeing how good you are to me. "

 " I'm not that good, LuLu. It's just people had been treating you badly. What right do they have to treat you like that? They aren't human. I'm not judging but they're worst than animal. "

" Aren't you going to let me introduce myself? "

" Ahh, Yoongi Hyung. Sorry. Proceed. "

" No need. You're Min Yoongi. Jinnie shouted your name just now. "

" Yea, but you don't know my stage name. "

" Just what's wrong with my Appa? Why do he feel the need to change your name? Let me know then. "

" Suga. "

" Excuse me, what? Sugar? 설탕?(seoltang?) "

" I knew it. I knew you're going to say that. S.U.G.A.  Suga! "

" Ahh. It's not my fault. You should pronounce it better. "

" You should listen better, tiny one. "

" You're not that big either. Small one! "

" You..! "

" Stop it. Why are you bickering? "

Taehyung and Jimin laugh, proud at Lurin who's brave enough to pick on their grumpy Hyung. 

" He called me tiny one! "

" She called me small one! Disrespectful brat! "

" As if you show me respect. Cocky jerk! "

" I said stop! You're starting to curse each other! None of my child is allowed to swear. Yoongi, you! You're older than her, so set a good example!

" Even if I set a good example, I doubt she'll follow my lead. This stone headed girl aren't going anywhere with her attitude. "

" Moron! " She hisses under her breath, as she doesn't want to go against Jinnie's words. 

" Are you really sick or are you pretending? You don't look like you're sick based on the way you're talking back at me. "

" Suga, sugar, sucrose, syrup or whatever your name is, I won't waste my time with your childish possession. Cut the crap and just eat your meal. " She says as she get up from her seat to get back to Jungkook's bed. 

She need to rest. She's really tired and having to put up with that damn Sucrose makes her even more worn out. 

" Take your medicine first before you go. Aigoo, you didn't even finish your cereal.

Jin gives her the medication that she takes it and gulps it down in one go, stomping her feet to the bedroom after that. 

" Hyung, you're so mean. What did she ever do to you? "

" Don't take her side, Jungkook-ah. "

" I'm not taking sides, Hyung. You're just being ridiculous. "

" Cookie! Can you lend me your shirt and pants? I wanna go out and take my luggage. " She shouts from the room. 

" I told you that I'll ask Hyungs to do it, right~~"

" Come on, Cookie. I don't want to burden them. "

" Child, go to bed and sleep. You need to rest. "

" But Jinnie... " She refuses, getting out of the room giddily. 

" No buts. Go now. "

She pouts at his command and walks lazily to Jungkook's bad. Covers herself in the blanket and stays in a fetal like position. The medicine is slowly working making her feel a bit drowsy, when she's about to sleep, she feels the bed shifted due to the weight put on it that is Jungkook's body.

" What is it? "

He her hair softly, worried is evidence in his eyes as he says, 

" I need to go with Jin Hyung and RapMon Hyung to get your luggage. "

" You're leaving? "

" Yeah. I'm sorry, I have to leave you here. "

" No worry, I'm fine. The medicine is working, I feel sleepy. I'm sure I won't be awake the moment you come back. "

" Hope you get well soon. "

" Will do. " She send him a smile, with that, his heart melts. 

" Don't fight, okay? "

" Huh? "

" No one gonna be home but Suga Hyung. "

" That Sucrose? "

" Hahaha. Yeah, that one. Taehyung, Jimin and Hobi Hyung are going to the company because our dance teacher called them in. So, yeah..only Suga Hyung remains here. "

" I won't fight. I told you I'd sleep. "

" Arasseo. I'll be on my way then. "

" Hmm~~"

" Lurin? "

" Haha.. Yes? "

" Can I kiss you here? " He asks, pointing at her forehead. 

She's flustered but nods eventually. He leans down and land his lips on her burning forehead, stays there for a few second before pulling his lips away. He then looks directly into her eyes and flinch when her cold hand is on the side of his face. 

" Aren't you going? Jinnie and Moon must be waiting for you. "

" Oh! Yeah, I'm going now. Sleep tight and rest well. See you soon. "

Right after saying that, he rushes out of the room, leaving her laying on his bed. 

" What is this feeling? Why do I feel so comfortable with his existent? Why do I like his soft touch? Haih~~I must be too beat to feel that way.. "

She falls asleep right away after finishing her sentences. As soon as she watch her dream, Suga makes his way into the room and land on his bed with his lappy on his lap, working on his music. After a few hours, he's finished with the beat and ought to play it as loud as he could but as he glances side way, he sees her all curled up in the blanket, shivering. 

" Is she that sick? "

He then goes to Jungkook's bed and sit beside her, putting his hand on her forehead, feeling her temperatures. He's shocked at how hot her forehead feels like, without a word, he then grab a towel to wipe her cold sweats off. Making his way to the kitchen, grab a bowl and fill it in with water alongside with ice. Getting into the room again, he soaks a new towel into the cold water and put it on her forehead trying to cool down her temperature. He repeats it over and over again until he's satisfied with her current temperature, he then put the bowl aside, the towel still wet on her, he goes to his bed, stretches a little bit before he doze off, tired looking after the sick tiny one. Little did he knows that Lurin is having a dream, a nightmare to make it worst. A nightmare, which she has wings, all big, fluffy and graceful. She feels happy but it doesn't last long as her wings darkened, slowly swallowing the white feature of her wings. Throwing her tiny body glued on the floor, shoulder slouched down as the pain is too much to handle. The pain isn't just in the dream but in reality as well that makes her breaks down in cold sweat and shivers every single second. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Those pictures aren't mine, so credit to owners! Here's what she looks like in her dream~~