Chapter 9

❣ Scars To Your Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later that day you heard Baekhyun call your name from downstair and you looked up from your book, staring at the closed door as if he might magically appear in front of you. “Coming!” You shouted back, guessing that maybe he wanted to have dinner already because he had to leave or he was just hungry. Without hesitating you jumped off your bed and rushed out of the room, preparing yourself to meet the smell of food on your way downstairs, but there was nothing. A frown appeared on your forehead, did this mean that you weren’t eating then? What was the reason why he had called you downstairs in the first place? Silently you made your way into the kitchen, where you saw him leaning against the counter as if he was bent over something. For a second you leaned against the doorframe, watching his back as he seemed to be reading something. It was nice to watch him while he didn’t know you were around. Then you could study him in his personal habitat, how he acted when he thought no one was looking. But right now he seemed just too concentrated on whatever he was doing so that he wasn’t showing you anything you didn’t already know. Slowly you approached him, pretending as if you had just arrived when you showed up next to him, staring down at whatever he was looking at.

 

As soon as he noticed you his head turned into your direction and for a second it almost seemed as if he was happy to see you, which made your heart drum inside of your chest. “There’s a letter for you in the mail.” He eventually muttered and held up a white envelope for you, though it didn’t look like a normal letter. The envelope was shiny, shaped into a perfect square and the address of the dorm was handwritten on the front. It made you frown, but without saying anything you took it from his hold, feeling of softness of the paper inside of your hand. “Did you get anything interesting?” You asked him, seeing how he started moving while you tried to focus yourself on the object inside of your hands, but failed. He stepped around the island in the middle of the kitchen and pulled open the fridge before putting his head inside and looking around in it. “Not really. What do you think if we order something to eat today? There isn’t a lot here to work with.” He muttered, his head still hiding inside of the fridge and you had to admit that you didn’t mind that it was empty. It had been ages since you had ordered something to eat, and you were longing for some junk food. Maybe you had to hope that the others would never return to the dorm again, so you and Baekhyun could stay here by yourselves, but you knew that was lost hope. “Sure, what do you want?” You asked as you opened the envelope and stared at the card inside, each step that brought you closer to what was inside confused you more and more.

 

Who the hell had sent this to you and how did they know that you had moved here? When you had left home you had made sure not to leave any traces behind, you didn’t want to be found. What you needed was a fresh start, a clean sheet and this was where you wanted to get that. “I don't know, do you like pizza?” He asked after he had closed the fridge again, instead he was now leaning against it, his arms crossed over his chest while he studied you from his side of the kitchen. While pulling the card out of the envelope you looked at him from under your lashes, giving him a soft smile. “Who doesn’t like pizza?” You asked, not remembering that you had ever met someone who didn’t. He shrugged and didn’t answer that question, so since you didn’t have anything better to do you quickly looked down the the card you were by now holding in your hands. And the confusion only came up once more, and you batted your eyes at the pink decorations on the front of the paper as you stared at it. “What is it?” Baekhyun asked and even though he had probably meant for his voice to sound flat and unmoved, you could hear the curiosity inside of it, which gave him away. You tilted your head towards the side and slowly shook your head to let him know that you had no idea. “I don’t know, it’s a wedding invitation but I don’t know anyone who’s old enough to get married. Who the hell would invite me over to…” The rest of your sentence got lost inside of your throat, so that he never got to hear it. All of a sudden your mouth felt dry, as if you hadn’t drunk anything for ages.

 

Your vision seemed to get blurry while your hands started shaking, if you wouldn’t sit down any time soon then maybe you would just fall over and hit the ground. Luckily for you Baekhyun seemed to notice and he pushed himself off of the fridge before rushing over towards your side of the counter. But you barely seemed to feel it when he placed his hands on your shoulders, holding you up before your legs would give in. “What’s wrong?” He asked softly, carefully, as if he was afraid his words would trigger something inside of you and you would loose your mind. Maybe it wasn’t so wrong from him to think that, because right now you also believed that you could explode any minute. He slowly moved you over towards one of the kitchen chairs and gently set you down, making sure not to make any unexpected movements. With a loud thud your back hit the wooden chair and for a minute Baekhyun seemed worried that he might have hurt you, but you barely felt anything, your body was numb. “Holy …” You muttered softly as you let the card fall on top of the table, thinking it was better to keep this thing far away from you for now. You had only been gone for a few

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter