Chapter 24

❣ Scars To Your Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I finished it. Finally I've been able to write a chapter that's worth being the end of this story.
Six more chapters to go, 30 chapters in total, I hope you'll like the rest of it, and this one too ;)

“It’s an internship, it’s like a once in a lifetime opportunity.” You mumbled into the phone, but you were met by silence from the other side. Of course you hadn’t expected him to be thrilled by the news, but he could be a little more excited than this. This was seriously the best thing that had ever happened to you in your life, apart from meeting him of course, and you really wanted him to support you in this. It would mean so much to you if he would actually be happy for you and he would have your back. It would make you feel bad if he wouldn’t want you to leave and you’d even stay here for him if he would ask you to, so you could only hope that he wouldn’t. “And how long did you say it was?” He asked, hesitation audible inside of his voice and you wished you had waited with telling him this until you had been home and you had been able to see him in person. Maybe explaining this over the phone hadn’t been your smartest move, but you had been so excited that you hadn’t been able to wait. There were so many of your classmates who didn’t want to go abroad because they couldn’t leave their lover behind for so long, but you didn’t want to let that get in the way of this. “Three months, well twelve weeks actually. I know it’s the same but it doesn’t sound so long when you say it like that.”

 

You bit on your lower lip as you crossed the street, keeping your eyes on the green light in front of you and the people who were walking past you from both sides. All day you had been waiting for your classes to be over so that you could finally tell him, he was the first one who you had informed about this. It wasn’t like your parents would care that you’d go to Africa for a few months, they couldn’t care less about where you were. “It’s completely safe, they checked it and stuff. I’ve seen the pictures, it looks amazing.” You held in your breath while you waited for him to say something, anything. You didn’t like it when he was so quiet about something and because he wasn’t here with you you couldn’t look at his expression to see what was going through his head right now. This was a great distraction from everything that was waiting for you at home, so that you wouldn’t have to think about what you would walk into as soon as you would arrive at your dorm. Today was the day that Garth would actually move in with you, that he would sleep in your bed for the first time, that his clothes would hang inside of your closet. Until now you still didn’t feel comfortable about it, but you hoped that would change as soon as it would actually be happening. Baekhyun was still as unhappy about the fact that you had said yes and you had agreed with all of this as he had been in the very beginning.

 

He didn’t trust that guy at all and he didn’t like the thought of him being around you, especially not during the times that he wasn’t home himself. But it would have to happen once, it wasn’t like he could keep babysitting you forever. It would be fine, as long as Garth would stick to his part of the deal and he would stay out of your way then you were sure that you would be able to handle it. The good thing about all of this was that from now on you were actually sharing a room with your boyfriend. It had felt so good to move all of your stuff into his room and to fill his closet with your clothes. Somehow it had almost felt as if you two were moving in together or something, though it wasn’t as drastic as that. The only thing you’d still have to figure out was what you were going to do during your finals, or when he graduated and you were still supposed to study one more year. But those were all things you could worry about when the time would come. “If this is something that you want to do then you should go, if you don’t do this now than you might never get this chance again.” Baekhyun suddenly said and because you had been daydreaming you had almost forgotten that you had been having a conversation with him in the first place. Though you could hear the sadness in his tone, and you wished you were with him now so that you could wrap your arms around him and hug him. 

 

“Hey, don’t sound so depressed okay? I’m not gone yet, It’ll still take another year. You’ll get tired of me by then, you’ll be glad to have a break.” This time he chuckled and a smile traveled over your face as you thought of the fact that you were able to make him laugh. It was true though, you weren’t gone yet and until that time you wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter