Chapter 7

❣ Scars To Your Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A hand that touched your shoulder woke you up from your panicked state and you almost grasped it tightly when you felt the fingers on your skin. They were cold, unlike your temperature, which was hot and warm, your skin was sticky and sweaty. A deep gasp escaped from your lungs as your eyes flew open and you blinked away the darkness that surrounded you. All of a sudden you were back in your room at the dorm, not at that dark place you had once called home and your relieve couldn’t have been bigger. Your heart was beating like crazy as you tried to catch your breath, holding dear to the thought that it had only been a dream, that it was over. Your let your gaze drift towards the person who had woken you and were surprised to see Baekhyun standing next to your bed, looking down on you with a mixed expression. It almost seemed as if he was trying very hard to seem indifferent about all of this, but you could see the twitch of the muscle inside of his jaw, which told you that he was worried. Why were you able to read his facial expression like that? “I heard you screaming, so I came to check on you.” He eventually said, being the first one to break the silence that had fallen inside of your room. You swallowed audibly and noticed how dry your throat was, it indeed felt as if you had been yelling all night. How was this possible?

 

You had made sure that all your memories had been locked up safely before you had gone to sleep, but one of them had escaped anyway. It still swooped around inside of you brain, threatening to take over you again, burned onto your eyelids. Tears clouded you view as you thought back about the hands that had touched you, the eyes that had blazed into yours. You had been all alone, there hadn’t been anyone there to help you. “Get out of bed.” Baekhyun suddenly said, disturbing your memories while he grabbed a hold of your covers and hit them back so that the fresh air of your room hit your skin. His actions surprised you and you wondered what he was doing. Why did he care about how you felt or about what was happening to you? It wasn’t like he had ever done it before. Then you got reminded of the fact that the others were gone, they had left this morning, you were all alone with him. A strange feeling bottled inside of your stomach because of that thought, but you shook it off and demanded yourself to do as he had told you. After all it wasn’t like you were able to get asleep any time soon again, not after this. You swung your legs over the edge of the end before slipping your hand across the bare skin of your neck underneath your hair, a feeling of disgust came over you as you felt how wet you were. How long had you been having this nightmare? It could have been only minutes, but it also could have been hours you had been locked up in there.

 

You pushed yourself up and followed the only other person who was here with you as he walked out of your room, easily walking through the hallway. You couldn’t help but study him as he walked in front of you like that, your eyes roaming over his back. It was clear that he had been asleep before you had woken him up with your screams, his shirt was wrinkled and his hair was a little bit messy. But just like always he looked great, you had never seen a guy being able to dress so plain but still look so good in it. “Sit.” He demanded once more and normally that would have irritated you, but right now you just followed his instructions and you took place on one of the chairs of the kitchen table. This was Amber her chair and as you thought of her you could feel your muscles tense again. You were glad that she wasn’t here right now, you were happy that you didn’t have to see her face because you knew damn well that she was the one who had started all of this. The only thing you could do when Baekhyun placed a glass of water in front of your nose was blink your eyes, and you quietly thanked him before enclosing your fingers around the cold material. It felt calming against your palms, cooling off the heat that had still been burning your skin only a few minutes ago.

 

The chair across of you scraped over the floor and you could tell that he was sitting across of you without even looking up at him. It seemed as if you could feel the energy that came from his body, as if you were aware of every single move he made and every single breath he took. You were glad that he was there to take care of you, that at least you weren’t all alone. Normally his company would have scared you, you could still remember all the dark stares he had been given you just a few weeks ago. But right now it almost felt as if he was the only one who could possibly understand what you felt, even though he knew nothing about you and you knew nothing about him. You just knew there was something going on in his life that had to be just as dark as what you had been through, otherwise he wouldn’t be the way he was. The silence that fell over you two wasn’t uncomfortable at all, actually it felt rather peaceful and nice. It was the kind of silence you had been longing for ever since you had moved in here, because with Gena around it was very hard to get that. The thought that you were having this whole dorm towards yourselves for the next few days almost sounded impossible. “Do you want anything else?” He suddenly asked, the first thing that reminded you of his presence after he had given you a drink, which you still hadn’t drunk f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter