Epilogue

❣ Scars To Your Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sweetie, there is someone waiting for you in room five.” Aria said as she looked up from her computer so that she could point her twinkling eyes at you. She was so petite that her head barely reached above the screen, another reason why you could not not love her. There was always a bright happiness spread over her face, something that always made everyone’s life better, even those from the patients who walked in here. During the time you had been working here you had become great friends with her and you right now at this moment you could tell that she was keeping something from you, you just had to find out what it was. “Tell them that I’m busy and that they’ll send someone else.” You muttered when you looked back down onto your IPad so you didn’t  have to see the disagreeing look she shot you. There were so many nurses working in this hospital, you refused to be one of those who stole work from others because the patient only wanted you. If they would never give anyone else the chance to do their job then how could they ever expect them to be good at it? No, you were just giving the best services and were doing what you had to do to et paid and to make you patients happy. Your eyebrows shot up surprisingly when the sweet girl in front of you leaned over the lobby so that she could catch your look, a glint of infinite pleasure inside of her large eyes.

 

There was something about her that made her look like a little angel but you knew like no other that even the most angelic people could be evil sometimes. “There is someone waiting for you in room five, I really think you should go check it out.” She said again, her tone very serious while it seemed as if she was barely able to control her excitement. Okay, so there was definitely something up with her. With a disapproving look you pushed your IPad underneath your arm, almost making your stethoscope drop onto the floor by misbalancing it around your neck. “I’m going to find out what’s going on as soon as I walk through that door. You might as well tell me.” You said as you closed the gap on your side of the wooden furniture and placed your elbows on the lobby. A darn cute smile appeared on her face as she leaned backwards again in her chair, disappearing behind her computer screen again as if there was something really interesting to be seen. If you had to guess then you assumed that she was now staring at the appointments that were still made for today, all the names of the patients who were still in the waiting rooms and were waiting for their turns, there was nothing interesting about that.

 

She wasn’t going to tell you, something about the stubborn position of her shoulders made that very clear to you and you pressed your lips together to show her that you weren’t happy with this, she was keeping you from your work and you had promised Baekhyun that you’d be home on time today, after you had been working overtime for the last three days. As soon as you thought about him a ray of sunlight broke through the stormy clouds hanging above your head and you tried your best not to smile because then Aria would know you weren’t really annoyed with her. The two of you had celebrated your three year anniversary two weeks ago, it hadn’t been anything special, you had just spent a lovely evening together and had gone out for dinner. It had been nice and romantic, and you had had the time to spend a night together, something you hadn’t done since you had started working in the hospital. You were working long shifts, and even though you loved your job even you thought that it was getting a little too much. Maybe you should get a few days off next week, so that you could do a few things around the house and you and Baekhyun could just spend some quality time together. Yes, that actually sounded like a great idea, you would pass by your boss her office as soon as you had handled that annoying patient in room five. Maybe you could also ask for a few days off in august, so that you two could go on a small vacation together. Baekhyun was currently working in the same mental institution his mother had been in, before she had gotten out half a year ago. 

 

At first you had been quite worried about what kind of an influence her return would have on your lives, but eventually it had all worked out great. She seemed to be a really nice woman, who cared a lot about her son but who seemed to have trust issues and who was a little bit scared, of everything. She was currently living with one of her friends, and she came over every once in a while to have dinner with you. It seemed like she liked you, you had heard her say it to him once when you had returned from the bathroom. You had pretended like you hadn’t been eavesdropping but Baekhyun had seen the grin on your face as soon as you had come back in the room and had caught you immediately. Until now you still hadn’t heard anything from your mother, though your father had tried to reach out for you a few weeks ago, you still hadn’t called him back. You weren’t waiting for someone else to come into your life and throw it upside down, not now everything was going so well. Baekhyun’s dad was still in jail and it didn’t seem as if they were planning on letting him go anytime soon. Baekhyun was doing well, he had learned to be more open about his feelings, to let people in and to give them a chance to get to know him, or at least, parts of him. The two of you were really happy, and you were glad that everything seemed to be working out for the two of you at this point.

 

“Fine, I’ll go. But you owe me.” You said as you turned around and began to make your way towards the sliding door with number five plastered on it, it was quite a modern hospital, all the new electronica was available. When you had just started working here it had driven you mad, all the buttons and alarms going off, but now you were used to it. “You’ll thank me later!” She shouted in your direction and you turned around to give her a weird stare, which made her smile. Though her expression changed and she mouthed something in your direction, but she was too late and your back already collided with something, or should you say someone. A loud gasp escaped from your lips as your IPad clattered onto the floor and your heart skipped a beat while the only thing you could do was hope to dear god that it wasn’t broken. Then you could forget your few days off and come and work some more shifts to pay for this stuff. “, I’m so sorry.” You muttered as you crouched down to pick everything up and you noticed that the man who you had bumped into crouched down with you to help you, but there wasn’t much left for him to do. Seriously, you didn’t have time for all of this right now, you just wanted to get this over with and go home. 

 

“Oh my god, are you…” He suddenly asked, shock and a small glint of panic inside of his voice which made you wonder if you shou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter