Chapter 5

❣ Scars To Your Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was still quiet inside the dorm as you walked in, you knew that Gena was out today, she was probably stressing above her final right now at this moment. You had left for yours in the morning and to your own surprise it had gone really well. You had been able to answer every single question and thanks to Baekhyun you had even been able to answer the one about the chapter you hadn’t understood. But you had been able to write down the big lines, which you had been able to remember and you couldn’t be more proud of yourself. Maybe you this was actually going to work. If you would be able to finish all your exams the way you had done with this one, there was a small chance that you would fail. Two more weeks, that was what you still had to go through before this hell would be over and you could go back to your normal life. After midterms there would be a week off, for everyone to get some rest before the next semester would start. You were looking forward to it, needing the time so you could let go of all the stress that had been hovering over you the past week. With a coffee and a brown bag in your hand you walked through the dorm, knowing where you had to find him. You wondered if he was unable to study in his room and that was the reason why he always sat in the kitchen, but during this moment there was no one who bothered him here.

 

Baekhyun was sitting at his usual spot, this time he was bend over a few thick books, a deep frown covering his forehead as you made your way towards him and put your stuff down in front of him. It seemed as if he hadn’t heard you coming, because his head snapped up at you as soon as he noticed your movements. “That’s a late, and there’s a muffin in the bag. Don’t get annoyed and just take it, it’s a thank you, for helping me study.” You said and even though he hadn’t done much more than telling you how you had to memorize that hard chapter, you still thought you owned him a thank you. On your way back to the dorm you had been thinking about what to get him and had just picked up the thing that a student needed most during times like these. Baekhyun blinked his eyes at you in awe, and eyed the bag before they came up to you again, scanning over your features. You knew what you looked like, like you hadn’t slept in days, the dark circles under your eyes were the living prove for that. Had no one ever done something like this to him before that he gave you such a weird look? Wasn’t it more than normal that you were grateful that he had given up some of his precious time to help you out with this? The way he looked at you made it seem as if it wasn’t. For a second the only thing you could do was stand in front of him, feeling awkward, not knowing if you should walk away or wait for him to say anything.

 

“How did you know I like late?” He then asked, a question which you hadn’t expected at all. You could feel your cheeks gaining color as you stared at his face, knowing that what you were about to say was going to sound very embarrassing. “I asked the lady behind the bar, she knew your name and then she told me that you normally order that, so…” You muttered, knowing that he was able to see your red cheeks and the shy look in your eyes, but even if he did then he didn’t say anything about it, which you could only be grateful for. Normally you didn’t blush that easily around boys, you were supposed to be a little more controlled than that. Seemed like this guy was doing strange things to you. “So you got that question after all?” He then asked, and instead of complaining like you had expected him to do, he grabbed a hold of the cup and brought it towards his lips. You didn’t know why people would possibly drink coffee in their free time, but hey, who were you to judge him? As an answer you quickly nodded your head, letting him know that he was right. He had told you that night that there had only been a ten percent chance that your teacher would ask you that, but he still had. “I was able to answer it though, in big lines.” You couldn’t help but smile as you said that, thinking back about the advice he had given you that night, when you had felt so close to giving up.

 

But he had helped you and now you were sure you had passed that exam and you wouldn’t have to retake it. A shock traveled through your body when you looked at him and saw how one of the corners of his lips curled up, ever so slightly, as if he was fighting a smile but hadn’t been able to stop it entirely. You were almost blown off your feet, because even though he wasn’t actually smiling, he already looked so much different. The way you were staring at him probably made you look like an idiot, but you couldn’t bring yourself to care. But his soft expression disappeared and made place for confusion, as if he wasn’t really un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter