Chapter 10

❣ Scars To Your Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One quick glance in the mirror was enough to show you that you felt completely misplaced, that you didn’t stand comfortable on your high heels. A big sigh left your lips, almost making you spit out the bobby pin that was between them and you forced yourself to concentrate on your hair again, so that you didn’t have to think of what was laying ahead of you. The less you thought about where you were going, the easier it seemed to get prepared for it. While taking the last pin in between your finger you twisted a curl around your finger before guiding it towards the back of your head and securing it in place. It had been a while since you had shown yourself off like this, since you never felt it was necessary to get dressed up like this. But today you had to represent a woman who had grown up, who had started a new life somewhere else and who had learned how to overcome her internal issues. And if you looked at yourself while pretending not to know who you were and just stared her in the eyes, you believed that was true. In front of you, you saw the reflection of a beautiful young girl, her hair pinned in the back of her neck, a few waves crashing in front of her face, making the make up she was wearing look even more elegant. The grey dress she was wearing hugged her figure in all the right places, showed off, but left place for imagination.

 

Because of the heels on her feet she looked at least a few inches taller, showing of her legs while the dress only reached the middle of her thighs. Her skin looked like she had been walking around in the sun for too long, but brushed gently against the soft fabric of her clothing. You couldn’t remember the last time you had looked anything closer to perfect, on the outside. If people would only get a slight glimpse of what was going on inside of you at the moment, they would be burned as soon as they would lay eyes on you. The emotions were having a battle inside of your mind, fighting for the lead, deciding which one was about to take control. Yes, you looked amazing, yes you were a mess. You batted your lashes, seeing the eyeshadow twinkling in the light, seeing how your long lashes were standing perfectly in place with just the greatest amount of mascara to cover them. If Amber would have been able to see you like this then she would have been extremely proud of you, maybe she even would have given you a compliment on your hard work. While letting out a long breath you reached out for your lipstick that was laying a little further away on the cabinet, and the material of the glass tube felt cold inside of your sweaty palms. As far as you were concerned, you didn’t care what other people would think of you tonight. But you were the daughter of the bride, people were going to look at you, were going to talk about you.

 

You had already thought of hundreds of different possibilities of things that could happen tonight, and some gave you the urge to pull all the pins back out of your hair and wash the make up off of your face, so you could get back into your pajamas and sit downstairs on the couch. After applying the final layer, you brushed your lips together before popping them back open, content with the result. Everything about your appearance seemed inviting, warm, kind, but as you stared back inside of your own eyes, you were afraid you were going to freeze. Thinking there was nothing more you could do you grabbed your clutch and threw your lipstick in, maybe you still needed it later on. After cleaning up behind yourself you made your way towards the door, and your hands lingered close to the light switch for a second. It almost felt as if once you left this room, there was no more turning back, once you would leave, you had no other choice than to walk into your worst nightmare. So with that thought you turned off the lights and grabbed a hold of the door handle, pushing it down before walking out of the bathroom. It was still as silent inside of the dorm as it had been days before, you couldn’t believe that it was already Friday. In two days the others would return, they would probably have exciting stories to tell. They had all gone to see their family, to celebrate the fact that midterms were over and that they had their freedom back.

 

You had no idea if you had to welcome their noisy appearance which you had been missing for the past days, or had to hate it. Your heels resounded through the hallway as you made your way towards the stairs, grasping your bag tightly in your hand so that it seemed as if you had something to hold onto. Luckily for you, you had experience in walking on these shoes, otherwise you surely would have made a fool out of yourself tonight. You didn’t rush yourself in order to get downstairs, knowing you still had thirty minutes left before you would actually have to get going. You weren’t planning on joining the ceremony, there was nothing about it that interested you. The last thing you wanted was to hear your mother’s fake vows and to see a ring get shoved around her finger, knowing that it wouldn’t stay there for long, knowing that she would only be telling lies. But you were going to make an appearance on the party, just as long as you thought was necessary to let her know that she didn’t have any power over you anymore, that you no longer cared about what had happened. Even though that lie was just as big as the ones she was about to tell. Once you reach

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter