Chapter 12

❣ Scars To Your Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The only thing you could hear were the soft sounds from the engine while the sun began to set behind the trees and the sky began to loose some of its pink color to change to black. It had taken you a while to get your breathing under control again, but now that you had calmed down you felt completely drained. You had no energy left inside of your body, it was almost as if you had left it all at that party, as if you had forgotten to take a piece of yourself back home. With your forehead against the window you tried to think of how to move on with your life after everything you had just seen. You and your mother had never been great friends, but you had never expected that she would do something this cruel. Now you understood why you had gotten an invitation to that wedding. Now you wished more than ever that you had just ignored the invitation in the first place and that you had never gone out there. Your mind focussed itself on the breathing of the person who was sitting beside you, the only thing that seemed to be able to bring peace to your messed up brain. He hadn’t said anything ever since he had helped you inside of the car, because he probably sensed that you needed some time to think and that you wanted to be left alone. Though during the last twenty minutes your mind had been spinning in circles, replaying the scene inside of your head over and over again and you were done with it. This was supposed to be a chapter which you had closed off years ago and you were sick and tired of having it haunting you. 

 

A deep sigh left your lips as you forced your eyes open and pushed your head away from the cool glass. You slowly started to recognize the streets you were racing through and you realized that you were almost back at the dorm. It had been a very long time since you had felt so happy to be somewhere. Carefully your eyes wandered towards Baekhyun and you studied the way his hands were laying around the steering wheel, how his eyes were pointing on the road. If you didn’t know him any better you’d say that he didn’t care about what had happened, that he didn’t give a damn. But as soon as he noticed that you were looking at him his gaze slipped from you towards the streets and back, so that he could stare at your face without wrapping the car around a tree. Somewhere deep inside you felt like you owned him an explanation for what had happened tonight, to why you had bursted out into tears as soon as that man had come into your view. But you didn’t know if he was willing to hear your story and if you were ready to tell it to anyone. Though you had never felt such a big urge to do so as you did right now at this very moment. The words were laying on the tip of your tongue, threatening to fall over. You were so tired of having to carry all of this by yourself, of not having someone who believed you. His body seemed to tense underneath your gaze, his fingers turned white as he squeezed the steering wheel and you didn’t know if that was a good or a bad sign.

 

Your mind drifted back off towards the moment the two of you had shared earlier this evening, and instantly your heart began to beat like crazy inside of your chest. Did he regret kissing you? While thinking of it it seemed as if your body started to fill with electricity once again, as if your body came to life. You had kissed boys before, but you had never been kissed like that. The more you thought of it the more you knew that you wanted it, that you wished you had never been interrupted so that it could have lasted longer. Everything about it had been perfect. His lips had been so incredibly soft against yours, but had still been putting the perfect amount of pressure against yours. His hands had touched you in all the right places and your body still shivered because of it. But he had said that he wasn’t the right person for you, that he was so broken that you shouldn’t fall for him. Was he afraid that he would make you unhappy? That he wouldn’t be able to give you what you wanted? At this point he was everything you wanted, there was no more turning back from that. What had he meant when he had told you that he couldn’t fight you like he could do with the others? There were so many questions, but you didn’t dare to ask them out loud. Maybe in his eyes that kiss had been one huge mistake. That thought hurt more than you wanted to admit. But the time that you two would be sharing alone in this car was coming to an end, and if you wanted to say something than you had to do it now because you had no idea if you’d still find the courage any time soon if you wouldn’t. “I can’t believe she married him, out of all the men she once hooked up with it had to be him.”

 

As soon as you thought of him again you felt as if all the air was being out of you, as if you couldn’t breath. No, you couldn’t let him have this kind of power over you anymore. You no longer lived with your mother, she didn’t have anything to say over you anymore. There was no way you were ever going back home, not with that guy living there with her. “So you two already knew each other?” It was the first time he spoke to you ever since you had left the wedding, and for a while you had been afraid that you had gone back to square one. But maybe he still liked you, even if it was just a little bit. “Yes, my mom had a relationship with him for a few weeks, I guess he was the most serious relationship she had through the years. That was until I ruined it, or at least that’s how she tells the story. They broke up because I started spreading lies everywhere, about him. So they felt demanded to part their ways. I think that in one way she never stopped blaming me for it, but then again it wasn’t my fault because what I said was the truth. I would never lie about something like that, she just didn’t believe me.” You said, placing your hands on the dashboard on the car in the hope that you could distract yourself. You couldn’t believe that you were saying these words out loud right now. But you guessed that if you wanted Baekhyun to open up to you one day about what ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter