Chapter 1

❣ Scars To Your Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seriously, we’re so glad to have you here. We’ve been trying to rend this room for a few weeks now, but it seemed like no one was interested in living with four other annoying young adults until you came along.” The girl with the long brown hair which fell around her head and shoulders in loose curls smiled up at you as she stopped in front of an oak wooden door. To be honest you hadn’t really meant for you to live here, but it had been the best option that had been offered so far. Besides, it couldn’t be as bad as having to live with your parents, or having to live alone. How bad could it be? Five college students living under the same roof? At least you all had the same goal here, which was graduating and then get out of this place as fast as you could and start a life somewhere. The dorm was located in a quiet part of the city, not too far from the school and it wasn’t that big, but it also wasn’t too small. Every person had their own bedroom, there were two bathrooms, a large kitchen and a small garden. There was a tiny living room with a comfortable couch and a TV, which meant it contained everything that it had to. The only thing that was still a mystery to you at the moment were the people who were living here with you.

 

So far you had only met Gena, who had been nice enough to show you around and to welcome you. She had told you that there were two guys, and with you joining them there would be three girls. She was thrilled, knowing that your gender would be taking over the place. While studying her you realized that she was very pretty and when you had asked her about the boys she had warned you that they were both single, but that you didn’t really have to worry about them chasing you. One of them was a little douchebag, a player who liked to bring home a different girl from campus a few times a week to have a go and then she would never be seen again. The second boy was the opposite, he was always alone, didn’t really talk to the others expect for the second male and he could be quite cruel sometimes. To be honest those words hadn’t been very comforting, you could only hope that the girls would at least be nicer. When you had seen that your room was not next to the boy who invited girls over you had been glad, how awkward would it have been if he had been banging a chick in the room beside yours? The walls seemed rather thin, so you really didn’t want to experience that. You looked at you room across of yours, and when she noticed you staring at it Gena shot you a devastated smile while shrugging her shoulders.

 

“Baekhyun’s room, the door is always closed and he doesn’t like it when you disturb him, so you better leave him alone. If he wants to see you or talk to you, he’ll come to you, otherwise you better stay out of his way. The rest is out, doing there own thing to prepare themselves for the new semester. They’ll be back soon and then you can meet them.” This time she smiled more sincerely and you tried to curl your mouth corners upwards in order to match hers, but you could tell you were failing. At this moment it was creepily silent inside of the dorm, apart from Gena’s talking and breathing there wasn’t a single sound. Where you came from there was always something to be heard, like a car passing or an ambulance rushing down the streets, over here, there was nothing. “And this is your room, it’s still quite plane but you can decorate it if you want. Just make sure to leave it in its original state if you leave, so we can give it to someone else.” She said and with that she twisted the door knob, pushing the door open so it swung against the wall softly. The creaking sound it made, made you cringe slightly and you reminded yourself that maybe it was better to check that out. How old was this building anyway? It seemed as if it had been renovated, so that it was more suitable for younger people to live here. 

 

“There aren’t any rules, just the usual. Like, don’t eat all the food in the fridge, we go shopping together at every first of the month. Or, no music blasting through the speakers after ten, the walls are quite thin.” When she said that you grimaced, just like you had thought. Before you could say anything she continued, and she placed your suitcase down on the bedsheets. It smelled really fresh in here, as if someone had been waiting for your arrival and had cleaned the room the last minute. “Oh, we eat together every evening, at six, Sam calls it our banding moment. Samantha is an art student, she’s really sweet, I think you’ll like her.” You weren’t sure, but you figured that Gena really liked to talk, a lot. Were you supposed to like that or not? Normally you weren’t really the one who was up for a deep and long conversation with someone who you had just met, but it was nice that she was doing most of the talking and that the only thing you had to do was nod and listen. You weren’t really such an ice breaker, you had the urge of becoming weirdly awkward during those moments. “Thank you Gena, I really appreciate all of this.” You said as you turned around on your feet in a small circle, taking in the room. It consisted of everything you needed, a double bed in the middle of the room, a nightstand beside it. There were dark blinds in front of the window to keep the light out, and there was a dresser and a closet.

 

A small desk with a chair stood against the wall, and there was even a small lamp on it. It wasn’t that much, but for this year it would be everything you needed. Gena flashed you a friendly smile, and from the way she acted you would say that she already considered you as a friend. Maybe you should treat these people nicely, after all you were going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter